So I got a copyright infringement E-mail today

angryonionangryonion Just some guy
edited December 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well it was only a matter of time until my little brother got me in trouble :facepalm:
How worried should I be TOTSE??
Its the first one I ever got and the last I hope.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    Was this for sharing music or movies?
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited December 2011
    Planet of the fucking Apes.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited December 2011
    It's likely just a warning.

Plausible deniability is your friend. An IP address is not positive identification. Many people keep their wireless insecure precisely because of this. You could say it "wasn't me, it's someone who used my connection".
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    The movie folks are not as big a pricks as the music guys are. Send them a reply telling them you have looked into the matter and discovered that someone in your neighborhood was connected to your WIFI without your knowledge and the material must be on their system. Let them know you since password protected your wireless connection now and the problem should be solved. Tell you are sorry for the misunderstanding and ask if there is anything else you can do to be of assistance in this matter. That should get them off of your back and give you some degree of plausible deniability.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited December 2011
    OK sounds like a plan thanks guys.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited December 2011
    never gotten one of these

the music guys are pricks some one from metalica admited to downloading there own music

at least it wasent a wii game they guy the released one of the mario games had to pay a huge fine up in the millions
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    Follow TDR plan. It will work.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited December 2011
    Oh shit! It starts here. Then comes the ISP monitoring, the court order for seizure of computer and all external storage then finally the end to your internet freedom.
    Nah! Seriously AO....It's just a warning bro. ;)