there is no ufo conspiracy because ET doesnt exist

chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
edited February 2012 in Spurious Generalities
So I guess that's it. It's official ET doesn't exist.............
There's no evidence of any extraterrestrial life and "no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye."

And there you have it, straight from the White House's mouth, so to speak. UFO aficionados, skeptics and believers alike have waited patiently since September to see how the Obama administration would respond to two petitions under the new "We the People" program.

According to the official response written and released Friday evening by Phil Larson at the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy, while the government is saying it has "no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race," the door is still open to the possibility and search efforts "of life outside our planet."

And those efforts include the ongoing Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence -- or SETI -- which uses ground-based telescopes to try and tune in to signals from another world.

Larson's response also mentions the Kepler spacecraft in Earth's orbit, searching for Earth-like planets, and the upcoming Mars Science Laboratory, a car-size vehicle that will explore the geology of the red planet to look for any of the building blocks of life.

Undoubtedly, the minions who believe that Earth has already been visited by at least one race of extraterrestrials -- citing photographic, film, video tape, radar returns and landing traces as evidence -- will surely be disappointed with the White House's "no evidence" stance.

Steven Bassett, who penned the first alien disclosure petition in September, isn't satisfied with the White House response and has announced on his Paradigm Research Group site his intention of filing another petition.

"The [White House] response was unacceptable. Much feedback is likely. PRG will begin to pre-promote a new petition relevant to the Disclosure process ... and will continue to keep the Disclosure issue front and center within this attempt at participatory democracy by the Obama administration," Bassett wrote.

If someone, like Bassett, isn't happy with the response given by the Obama administration, he or she can turn right around and file a new petition with no restrictions.

"There's no reason someone couldn't submit a second petition," White House spokesman Matt Lehrich told The Huffington Post in an e-mail Monday. "If it crosses the threshold [of 25,000 signatures], it will get a response. Obviously, if the petition is very similar, it may garner a similar response."

Any backlash to the White House ET response will most likely come from people and organizations who will point to the thousands of pages of previously classified government documents about UFOs -- many of which clearly indicate that some UFO encounters with military forces and airline pilots in the past were considered so important that they weren't disclosed to the public.

Of course, anything in the sky that can't be identified is a UFO. Experts, government officials and military personnel have often been unable to explain away sightings. That doesn't prove the existence of ETs, but it convinces many that we are not alone in the universe.

(video at link)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/07/white-house-says-no-et-evidence_n_1078816.html?ref=weird-news#s307060&title=Lanterns

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Lack of evidence = proof?
  • RunScreamingRunScreaming Acolyte
    edited November 2011
    US intelligence wanted to make the Soviets think we had alien technology. Simply denying reports was the strongest propaganda, and cheap, too!
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited November 2011
    Nothing but political lies! I tell you, lies all lies.
  • DalvusDalvus Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2011
    I think the Illuminati made up the whole UFO thing, as indicated in the"Arrivals", to speed up their "New world order" project.
    See the idea of UFOs attacking and all that will make nations want to unite against those invaders, of course the UFOs won't contain alien races no they'll contain humans and they will be made by humans, to speed up the unification of the world, leading to us being ruled by the Illuminati.
    Just my opinion.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited February 2012
    There is no ufo conspiracy, you're right on that part.

This is also true.

However, most ufo sightings are around military bases--most usually associated with secretive tech.
    edited February 2012
    For us to suppose that in all the vastness of the universe that we are the only or first planet in all the heavens to develop life is as stupid as believing that any one religious path is right, all right, and nothing but right. Just on a probability basis the chance that this one little speck of matter we call earth is the only place in all of the universe that developed life is so low it not worth discussion. But there are a great number of people who vehemently hold that there is no life elsewhere. This only serves to illustrate how much the ego can narrow the mind.

As far as us not having any proof (or at least the white house claims that we have no proof) proves nothing. Even if the President's claim is 100% honest it still proves nothing. Can a native in the wilds of Africa prove the existence of the F22A Raptor? o, of course not because their technology is too primitive to analyze or eve detect it's presence. For centuries the pope believed the world was flat and nobody could prove otherwise thus the world was flat according to facts of the day. We now know better but even though we can look back over the last few hundred years, even the last 50 years, ad see countless former facts that have been replaced by new information discovered through research ad observation. Many of the today's fact will someday be looked upon by those i the future much the same way we look at the flat earth theory. Life on other planets not only does exist but it must exist for in an infinite universe all things must exist.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2012
    For us to suppose that in all the vastness of the universe that we are the only or first planet in all the heavens to develop life is as stupid as believing that any one religious path is right, all right, and nothing but right. Just on a probability basis the chance that this one little speck of matter we call earth is the only place in all of the universe that developed life is so low it not worth discussion. But there are a great number of people who vehemently hold that there is no life elsewhere. This only serves to illustrate how much the ego can narrow the mind.

As far as us not having any proof (or at least the white house claims that we have no proof) proves nothing. Even if the President's claim is 100% honest it still proves nothing. Can a native in the wilds of Africa prove the existence of the F22A Raptor? o, of course not because their technology is too primitive to analyze or eve detect it's presence. For centuries the pope believed the world was flat and nobody could prove otherwise thus the world was flat according to facts of the day. We now know better but even though we can look back over the last few hundred years, even the last 50 years, ad see countless former facts that have been replaced by new information discovered through research ad observation. Many of the today's fact will someday be looked upon by those i the future much the same way we look at the flat earth theory. Life on other planets not only does exist but it must exist for in an infinite universe all things must exist.

Pretty much this^
    edited February 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    Pretty much this^
    Of course. I wasn't arguing tthat; See:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beaver View Post
    True statemtnt. I'm not areuging that.

However if there are 'extra-terrestrials' here, they're probably either not in this dimension(our mind; the overmind).
    Or
    They're of this earth, and they've been here a long time.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2012
    I would very much like there to be non-earth life.

There is absolutely zero evidence that any advanced alien civilisation has visited us. I'm inclined to think this is true.

This does not mean that intelligent (or unintelligent) life does not exist.
    edited February 2012
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    Of course. I wasn't arguing tthat; See:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beaver View Post
    True statemtnt. I'm not areuging that.

However if there are 'extra-terrestrials' here, they're probably either not in this dimension(our mind; the overmind).
    Or
    They're of this earth, and they've been here a long time.

I never took it that you were taking a stance contrary to my 1st post ITT. It was simply that my 1st post was so rudimentary I thought I should expand upon my meaning and your post seemed to be the perfect venue to accomplish just that.
    edited February 2012
    Assuming you can go 99% the speed of light. :)
    edited February 2012
    There is no need to go faster than light if you can simply bring the piece of space you wish to occupy next to the piece you are currently occupying.
    edited February 2012
    You must know something we dont..hmmm..I'm tellin'!
    edited February 2012
    It is called accessing and amplifying gravity. After all it is an energy wave and just like a radio wave it ca be accessed ad amplified.