Time's up for me - a few words

2»

Comments

• (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited December 2011
    Very unfortunate to say the least.

It saddens me that people that don't affect anyone just go when we have idiots that affect all of us negatively in the grand scheme of things be among us.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited December 2011
    Well DKR, hopefully I'm not too late and you will read this. It's really unfortunate to hear that we will be losing such a valuable member of our online community. It's a real shame that we will no longer be graced by your conversation and knowledge. It kind of hurts me to say that I never really got to know you personally, you seem like you would be a really cool person. I know I'm just one small person in the world of the internet but I hope you can take something from what I say. I really wish I could get to know you some more before you leave us forever. If you see this and would like to prolong your life and talk to me a bit, just send me a PM or hop on IRC. We could have a personal mano y mano chat. I'd like to get to know the real you and maybe even help you to realize the choice you are going to make.

It's been an honor knowing you bro, God/Allah/Buddha/Carlin/Joe Pesci/whoever you believe in, bless you man.

-Paco
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    I have DKRs Facebook as he gave it to me via PM and will post it soon for those of you who wish to see his message and whatnot. Waiting for 12 hours to pass and then will post.

Edit.

Here we go. If anyone wants proof that I have permission to post PI then I can provide proof upon request.

Here is DKRs Facebook with his note (online version, not family version I'm guessing) and here is a screencap of the note.
    DKR.png
    salute.jpg
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I have DKRs Facebook as he gave it to me via PM and will post it soon for those of you who wish to see his message and whatnot. Waiting for 12 hours to pass and then will post.

Thanks mate. I would like to read what he had to say. The reasons he gave on teamspeak may had made sense in his mind however I found them unusual, but it was his choice to end it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    Well, I stayed up late for him on TS. Waited for him to come online but apparently I fainted. This is a sad fucking day in Totse history. Man I will miss him.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had a picture of him. I would frame it on my wall. Fuck man, this blows. *cries*
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    Man he was on Skype and I didn't know it was him. Fuck this feels x1000 bad. *cries more*
  • ModzillaModzilla New Arrival
    edited December 2011
    I've just registered after years of absence, absence from the old .com days. I must say, I like the looks of this community and think it's made some good progress on from the old days, as this has been discussed in a very mature, dignified and appropriate way. Well done guys.

Remade: I hope I'm not stepping on your toes, but James asked me to post his message as soon as it was up - alas, I noticed it at 2am and was trying to get up for a lecture today, so didn't want to hurry it without adding my own words. (Scratch that, seen your edit!)
    For the good and the bad, I'm quite satisfied with the run I've had so far in life and would like to walk out now while it's still real, before it turns to sand and becomes just a distant memory, which it inevitably will.

My whole life I've been rejected, backstabbed and shunned in every way. I've never been good enough for anyone. I admit; I have no personality. I have no social ability whatsoever. I don't live an exciting lifestyle that anyone would want any part of. I'm nothing by your standards – just a worthless looser, but you know NOTHING about me! I'm a hundred times greater than any of you in every way that truly counts. I've been mocked and humiliated for long enough.

Surprisingly, perhaps, this isn't an angsty rant where I go on about how much I hate everyone (even though I do - most of you). In truth, I need to thank you all. If those years ago I'd gotten my way and had those things I'd never have become the person I am today. I probably would've ended up as some prep or hipster fag. Thank God for that. As the saying goes; sometimes, the worst thing you can do to someone is to give them exactly what they want.

There are those of you who've shown me genuine kindness and respect and for that I'm eternally grateful, but you are very few. Some of you will definitely know who you are and some may not and I won't name you, but hopefully you will know. Thank you. For the rest of you... rot in hell.

First up, James told me what his plan was on Thursday - after not talking properly for around a year. Prior to this we had been talking from about 2006, often for several hours a day - where we'd discuss personal issues, jokes, current affairs.. anything. I'd often enjoy our conversations as we could seemingly make jokes out of the worst of situations, and seemingly - it's unfortunate that such a happy and comedic set of conversations could end in such a dark light.

Thats not to say all of our conversations were so light. We'd discussed the darker sides of life just as much, if not more, than we had discussed the more fun sides. For someone I had never met (which is equally another spot of bitterness, he was very close geographically to me recently, but due to circumstances beyond either of our control - he couldn't get in contact with me to meet up - something I would've enjoyed very much) he had a huge impact on me, and knew much about me - as I knew much about him. It's amazing to think that we were probably the first generation to be able to experience the internet in such a social way, where you wake up go online and generally spend the whole day just chatting with someone many many miles away.

I'm sure you can all tell by his posts, let alone his actions, James was a very troubled individual at times. Fighting many personal battles that very nearly took him from us before - the incident in which he says a "technical oversight" caused him to fail - his technical oversight was very much our gain. During that incident I had managed to call him and leave a message on his phone, as I tried to get in contact with him to talk him out of it, to stop this madness. Unfortunately, time passed - and after moving, damaging computer equipment and so on - I'd lost his address, our chat logs, his phone number and more; so this time I knew there could be no heroics on my behalf; but merely a 500+ word message sent to him trying to make him see that he's young, there's a world out there he hasn't seen, there's many people he hasn't met, a vast array of stories he hasn't heard and even more memories he has yet to make.

When James showed me the thread, he also spoke through the plan in minute detail - drugs, dosages, timing and so on. Some would say it was irresponsible of me not to act on these details, and I will probably take this feeling of guilt with me for the rest of my days, however - there was nothing I could do. If there was one thing I had discovered about James, it was when he had his mind set on a target - he generally managed to achieve it; or atleast give it his best shot.

If you're reading this wherever James, I wont lie - I hope you've gone and fucked it up. Waking up after an epic sleep, preferably in the company of some lovely nurses that will make you immediately realise just what you would be passing on if you left this fragile world! However, I realise this is probably just a moment of hopeless optimism on my behalf. If you did manage to move on to the next stage of your journey, I hope it was a pleasant transition atleast.

I was reading a research paper about Exit International last night, looking at their recommended dosages, desperately trying to find a flaw in your plan - a "technical oversight" as you'd say! However, I perhaps came off disheartened and frustrated - how you can frustrate me now I will never understand. I do however, find it rather apt that for someone who could make much drama, you've chosen the methods of Marilyn Monroe to pass away!

I will miss your conversations, and spend much of my christmas thinking of your family. I wish that I had never lost all your "real life" contact details, that I could've grabbed the phone and made a phone call - and that it would all be OK. We had a laugh, we had some major disappoints and we had some pretty good plans. I'm sorry I couldn't be there anymore in the end man.

I'll raise a drink for you over Christmas, you liked Whiskey right?!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    ^This is DKR^
    edited December 2011
    ^This is DKR^

Lets not cheapen this thread with stuff like this, I can understand where you're coming from though. If Remade or Psychlonic to confirm - Psy has me on MSN and we've spoken for ages (although, like DKR/James - not for a year), and if Remade has DKR/James on facebook he can see a comment I posted on James' note saying "I've kept my promise" (about posting this on here). Furthermore, if anyone has access to totse.com archives they can see my posts in S&A and BB.

Moderators or Administrators can also see that my IP is coming from London, UK (Or Norfolk, UK right now) and James' was Cape Town, SA. Also, James wasn't the type to post such an arrogant message singing his praises!

Now that's cleared up...
    edited December 2011
    If you say so James. It is just funny how you used the exact same phrases that DKR used in TeamSpeak yesterday.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, this was my first thought too.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    ^This is DKR^

It may be an easy one to think, but I have 2 types of proof that it isn't.

Firstly, our correspondence (DKR and I) and the Facebook profiles can be seen below:
    Modzilla.png

modzilla%20fb.png

Modzilla is a friend on James' (DKR's) Facebook I was talking to earlier today as he was notified of this thread and all of DKR's online activities as they were friends. I also checked out Modzilla's Facebook profile and had a nose around out of curiosity. As a result, Modzilla was shown this thread and joined as a result, which was today.
    It's odd trying to explain, and without giving out Personal Info it's difficult to untangle the two, but I can confirm via IP addresses (the both live in different countries and they match) and writing styles/language which differ. Modzilla sent me a PM explaining the situation which brought my attention here.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited December 2011
    Man, this is a really weird feeling... I wish I could have made it to TS before it was too late...

Goodnight Sweet Prince, may you rest in peace.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Remade, I'll still be happy to pop on TS tomorrow so you can all hear the accent if it makes it any better guys.

Someone from his school has posted on his FB enquiring about him after the status, saying people had been asking about him. :thumbsdown: It's looking more and more real by the minute.
    edited December 2011
    Post an obit or GTFO.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited December 2011
    Way to delete your FB page. :thumbsup:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2011
    I have had several members of my extended family do this thing. I have always rationalised it as knowing them, I knew it is something they always wanted to achieve and that it was the only solution for them. I know you can still get a lobotomy in the UK if you are terminally suicidal (one of the only reasons you can still get one I think), but for my people who have ended their lives, I have been sad they have gone, but much happier they are not carrying the pain with them anymore.

I really do not and maybe will ever know if DKR had this real pain, or if he became fixated on the end as a solution or if it was some mega troll. What ever, if he did it, let us not judge him or shit on him with spurious thoughts until we know. We will know in the next couple of days.

All I ask until we know is that we do not shit on him and no one is to contact his family. If he has done it, they are confused, hurting and dont know why. They do not need some one calling up and asking to speak to him. They definatly do not need anyone calling them up and saying they knew he would do it, or knew anything of it or anything that could make them hurt more.

Let us take comfort in the fact that he was a totsean, and if their is another place for us to go, he would have been welcomed there by other totseans. I do not have the inclination to travel the world (travelling to the us would be difficult for me anyway) and meet you guys, but in the end (and I mean the very end), we may all meet on rabitweeds land in TX for a drink and a smoke.

Until then, try to take comfort in the fact he wanted something, and he seems to have got. Your views on suicide are secondary to his wishes.

DKR, we should have drank brandy under the tree together. Maybe one day we will. Until such time, explore everything that you can.
    edited December 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    I really do not and maybe will ever know if DKR had this real pain, or if he became fixated on the end as a solution or if it was some mega troll. What ever, if he did it, let us not judge him or shit on him with spurious thoughts until we know. We will know in the next couple of days.
    I guess you're right bro. We shouldn't be judgmental at this stage.Totse has had it's share of suicides. Do you remember the one who shot himself in the head while sitting in his car? He was a pretty awesome MF. He use to frequent GHs and SG quite a lot. Was a totsean for a long time.

Anyways! Someone put a commemoration vid up for him on youtube. It had some of his &T posts and pics etc with the Beatles song "A day in the life" The one with the lyrics "He blew his mind out in a car" The family were a little shocked & thought it was of bad taste. They even posted negative comments on it, but after an explanation by some of the totseans they started to realize it was a farewell and not a troll. &T style!
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2011
    I know who you mean. For all those that can be remembered, we all shall remember. Those that were totseans, we shall remember them, if we loved them, hated them or did not know, as long as they were one of use, they are, and forever will be a bro.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm assuming Modzilla = Moddy, but I haven't spoke with him on messenger and can't confirm. If so, it's not Dark Kaiser. He's been around longer than a lot of people in this thread off and on, was involved in the old night ops scene and (still?) urban exploration. It wouldn't surprise me if they type the same because they spoke all the time. Dark Kaiser even went off to the UK for some period of time where Moddy (Modzilla now, I guess) lives but I don't know the specifics.

Did you guys ever meet up? DK said something about wanting to before he left back to South Africa but didn't get the chance to. I don't know if that meant he didn't see you at ALL the entire time he was there or he just wanted to hang out one last time before leaving.
    edited December 2011
    Anyone could make an account from some long lost totsean and use proxies etc to make it look like they were from where ever they want. Show me an obit from his hometown (I know where that is) or GTFO.
    edited December 2011
    Just saying what I know for what it's worth, to be perfectly honest I couldn't care less what you or anyone else in the thread believes. If DKR is really dead, you'll get what you want.
    edited December 2011
    I don't want an obit I am just not buying any if this until I see one is all. I have been around to long to bite unless I know.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited December 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I guess you're right bro. We shouldn't be judgmental at this stage.Totse has had it's share of suicides. Do you remember the one who shot himself in the head while sitting in his car? He was a pretty awesome MF. He use to frequent GHs and SG quite a lot. Was a totsean for a long time.

Anyways! Someone put a commemoration vid up for him on youtube. It had some of his &T posts and pics etc with the Beatles song "A day in the life" The one with the lyrics "He blew his mind out in a car" The family were a little shocked & thought it was of bad taste. They even posted negative comments on it, but after an explanation by some of the totseans they started to realize it was a farewell and not a troll. &T style!
    Ya, Yitterman was cool sad to see him go.
    I really hope DKR is just trolling though.
  • blink182blink182 Acolyte
    edited December 2011
    Being a troll with no credibility on this forum, I'd like to say that I'm leaning towards BS on this. I do think that this guy is probably suicidal and depressed, thus the idea, but with these types of people they often want attention and sympathy more than anything else. I know from personal experience, as I often fantasize about the reactions of other if I were to kill myself. I think a lot of people do. The facebook account(s) involved are shaky at best. I have a hard time believing that NO ONE, other than this so called "Modzilla" and one other guy have commented on his death (on his facebook page). Speaking of the other guy, he seems too contrived to be real. The grammar and spelling were made intentionally abysmal in order to erase any suspicion that he was controlling the account, however in my mind the opposite effect occurred (this is assuming of course that this is whole thing a troll). Maybe South Africa is a major shithole, I don't know, but no adult man should write in such an improper fashion. This Modzilla guy brings up the fact that they haven't talked in such a long time or whatever, which is a convenient excuse. As TDR said, it's easy to pull out some old Totsean who's long gone and claim to be him. Going back to James' Facebook account, there is almost nothing on it. Why? Someone should go through his friends list and ask these people about him and the whole situation.
    edited December 2011
    That is what I am saying, there are things that do not add up.
    edited December 2011
    angryonion wrote: »
    Ya, Yitterman was cool sad to see him go.I really hope DKR is just trolling though.
    That's it!!! Yitter! He was a furry lookin critter with a knife & awesome dude. :(
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited December 2011
    Was ytter_man the guy who posted pics of the ridiculously large/detailed train set he constructed in his garage? I remember the name but I didn't know he'd popped his clogs. That's fucking sad :sad:

E: Fuck, I've just seen the obituary posted on zoklet for ytter_man, looks like the lad went out in some sort of style. It may seem a tad cynical but I'm going to put off posting a gushing eulogy for DKR until I see some sort of concrete proof of his demise.
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking through his friends list. None of them have any activity on their pages. Tad odd don't you think?
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited December 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    I've been looking through his friends list. None of them have any activity on their pages. Tad odd don't you think?

Unless your their friend or their privacy is set to public, you wont see any. all you can see is who they are now friends with.
    edited December 2011
    I can see walls on most of them but all the activity is x is now friends with y. I admit I don't know much about FB but I do know if I look at any random I see more activity than with this bunch of friends.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    richard, its true. ive known his mom for years now, and we just found out now. RIP James. :(

Sounds like there may be some truth to the story after all.
    edited December 2011
    Meloncholy wrote: »
    Was ytter_man the guy who posted pics of the ridiculously large/detailed train set he constructed in his garage? I remember the name but I didn't know he'd popped his clogs. That's fucking sad :sad:

E: Fuck, I've just seen the obituary posted on zoklet for ytter_man, looks like the lad went out in some sort of style.
    He sure liked trains & he went out with a bang. :( I think the family may have got the youtube vid taken down. :mad:
    Meloncholy wrote: »
    It may seem a tad cynical but I'm going to put off posting a gushing eulogy for DKR until I see some sort of concrete proof of his demise.
    I'll wait a couple of days for evidence before I give an official RIPeace out ma nigga.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited December 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    I can see walls on most of them but all the activity is x is now friends with y. I admit I don't know much about FB but I do know if I look at any random I see more activity than with this bunch of friends.

thats exactly what I did, I went on some friends of my friends pages and it had the same crap, x is now friends with y, x has changed their profile picture and x likes z. you just can see their pictures or status.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately it looks like DKR went through with it. I wasn't expecting him to change his mind, but it's still painful to realize that such an interesting and intelligent veteran Totse member is forever gone. R.I.P. James.

DKR.jpg
    edited December 2011
    I originally clicked reply with the intention of telling you all to get over it and wait for official news then other than pointing fingers at me and trying to untangle a plot that only exists in your head, alas I can understand everyones desire to know the whole truth, I really can. With that in mind I apologise if any of my posts have come off confrontational or offensive.

As has been pointed out already, slowly posts are being made on his fb confirming it. Obviously this isn't absolute evidence, but for the timing and circumsances it's all we currently have.

All I ask is that we respect the situation and treat it delicately whilst the facts come out. Other than the discussions I had with James prior to this, I know as much as you. Depending on contents of the TS chat, you guys may even know more.

I'll be in at about 7GMT and have no classes tomorrow, will anybody be on teamspeak? I still think this will be the quickest way to confirm I'm who I say I am; I have a lovely saaarf landan accent!

Psy; thanks for posting that.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    ^ Fuck that coward.

Honestly, I hope this was all a troll but it was his choice and we're Totseans. It's his right to decide what he wanted, we didn't stand idle, we tried out best, but his mind was made up, in the end we provided him with a feeling of belonging to something. I just hope I had more time to talk with him. After the news is confirmed I will add the day on our Calender and we will have a DKR rememberance day. He was one of us, and we're sad that we lost him. RIP mate.
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited December 2011
    He really did it. There's like 6 different people saying their condolences on facebook. I last spoke to him the night before he did it when he said his goodbyes. As far as I know these were his last words unless he spoke to someone else after me.

[2011.12.11. 22:15:02] myname: well we had a good run havent we
    [2011.12.11. 22:15:51] jhbarfield: indeed. youve certainly had an impact on me these last years and i probably wouldnt have become quite so much of a pretty kewl guy otherwise
    [2011.12.11. 22:17:04] myname: if it turns out that there IS actually some sort of life after death
    what would you feel? relief?
    [2011.12.11. 22:17:47] jhbarfield: depends what it was, but as i said in my thread im not sure i WANT there to be one. it might be something i wouldnt like
    [2011.12.11. 22:22:47] jhbarfield: you?
    [2011.12.11. 22:23:34] myname: what would i feel?
    [2011.12.11. 22:23:37] myname: depends
    [2011.12.11. 22:24:05] myname: having an afterlife like a dream you cant wake up from..hell yeah
    [2011.12.11. 22:25:07] jhbarfield: hmm... even that im not sure of. eternal nonexistance is what i'm HOPING for, but if not that would be good too
    [2011.12.11. 22:25:30] myname: if its any comfort, that is by far the most likely
    [2011.12.11. 22:25:41] jhbarfield: yes
    [2011.12.11. 22:29:46] jhbarfield: well, i guess this is it
    [2011.12.11. 22:30:25] myname: what
    its just 22:30
    [2011.12.11. 22:30:38] jhbarfield: ah, well for me it is
    [2011.12.11. 22:30:42] jhbarfield: forgot about that
    [2011.12.11. 22:30:44] myname: oh
    [2011.12.11. 22:30:47] myname: well
    [2011.12.11. 22:30:58] myname: goodbye james
    [2011.12.11. 22:31:43] jhbarfield: goodbye, mate. have a good life, keep being a kewl guy and try not to forget me
    [2011.12.11. 22:31:48] myname: i wont
    [2011.12.11. 22:31:59] jhbarfield: peace, buddy
    edited December 2011
    Sure, there was tons of encouragement in this thread. Fuck that dude. Those who don't know who will inevitably pour into this thread now should review my first post in this thread. The guy talked about suicide quite a bit and often not on forums and definitely not in an attention seeking way. He already had a failed attempt. Safe to say that unless you were physically there you weren't going to be stopping him if he really wanted to go through with it. I really think he short-changed himself of some wonderful opportunities but it's his life to do what he pleases with, not mine.

With some luck, there will be some understanding and not a shit storm that pisses all over the fact that he posted this HERE, not there or t2. Shitty posts like that is exactly why, too.

I don't have a way to confirm he's gone and may never be able to, but having spoke with him on and off since 2004 I have no reason to believe he was blowing smoke. Foolish as it may be, and you all can draw your own conclusions because I have nothing for you for evidence, that's what I'm going with. Damn shame he's gone.
    edited December 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Taggart is a faggot.
    Seriously, you could blame anyone, but blame those who you know you can easily.
    Removed Image to save space

You're fucking weak, Taggart. Fucking weak. It's not as though you sat on teamspeak talking to him like other members here.

I don't even know why I'm writing this. The screenshot speaks enough.

Sat idly by.. It's not like we could contact his mother and tell her.. Oh wait! Isn't it ironic that the only person to bitch about us sitting "idly by" is the person who has somehow managed to communicate with the one person likely to have been able to stop him from doing it? This is someones fucking life, not a forum war or any petty internet stuff at all - but the life of a young man.

He's delayed the one action that may have possibly avoided this whole situation until it's too late. What the fuck? Had he stuck by his own words, acted responsibly and communicated before the act - this could've been fixed. But no, in an effort of seemingly scoring points against another forum, he's dragged a family who are currently grieving for a son that they've lost within the past couple of days and given them a "this didn't have to happen you know..." line that is only likely to cause torment. This is inexcusable.

I knew full damn well about the last attempt too - and I'll hold my hands up in the air about that. But I did everything that I could that time, including a long distance phone call and a voicemail in an attempt at getting through. This time I tried to find out which hospitals he had previously attended but had no logs etc, I had no phone numbers or anything. Seemingly if I had the means to contact the mother I would have.

Psy couldn't have said it any better.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    I am very sad about the whole state of the affairs. I wish it turned out a better way, that we had reasoned him into not doing it on Teamspeak but it was not to be although we damn well tried :( Thanks Modzilla for providing info and confirmation, I feel sorry for the family and I hope that they can eventually recover from this terrible tragedy. And on Christmas too....
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    Well, at least I can listen to his voice on TS recorded session and cry for a while :). Damn..
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited December 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Well, at least I can listen to his voice on TS recorded session and cry for a while :). Damn..

Is there any way for me to get that recording? I have known him for 5 years and we only talked in voice like 2 times. Once when he called me from south africa to central europe for lulz. Good times.
    edited December 2011
    There are several people who were recorded in that session. If they all post their consent in this thread I will release the recording as a link in this thread.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited December 2011
    ^ I'm cool with that.
    edited December 2011
    edited December 2011
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21226760/DKR_TS_Recording.rar

But still no obituary.... I think we got trolled boys.