So, that was rehab.

edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Didn't like it. Not one bit. I made great personal progress, delved deep into many things I had locked away. Funny thing is, a great many of the things I had always attributed to myself, and my choices, are actually due to post traumatic stress disorder, stemming from my mothers suicide attempts, and being bullied in high school. I learned that even though I was willing to accept responsibility for my actions, I am powerless against my history, and it will always haunt me. My addictive behavior was a result of self medicating for this....

What a load of shit. Group therapy, and all it's millions of words can eat a dead dogs ass.

I will be present here again, I think. I am not so sure I dig the teamspeak, but time will tell.

C/O
"no, I do not blame my mother for my hatred of women any more than you should blame your mother for being and ugly bitch"

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Welcome back.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Welcome mate, glad you made progress :) I look forward to your culinary prowess!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    Welcome back, we missed you.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    Welcome back, now make me a sammich.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Didn't like it. Not one bit. I made great personal progress, delved deep into many things I had locked away. Funny thing is, a great many of the things I had always attributed to myself, and my choices, are actually due to post traumatic stress disorder, stemming from my mothers suicide attempts, and being bullied in high school. I learned that even though I was willing to accept responsibility for my actions, I am powerless against my history, and it will always haunt me. My addictive behavior was a result of self medicating for this....

What a load of shit. Group therapy, and all it's millions of words can eat a dead dogs ass.

I will be present here again, I think. I am not so sure I dig the teamspeak, but time will tell.

C/O
    "no, I do not blame my mother for my hatred of women any more than you should blame your mother for being and ugly bitch"

I can relate to the PSTD, I am going through a bunch of shit myself right now and trying to get help from the Veterans Administration. They diagnosed me with PSTD in late November and have not really done shit since. Welcome back CO, I always liked you even though we didn't always see eye to eye or get along. Good luck with trying to get your life where you want it to be. After 20 or 30 years of running in the wrong direction it is not easy to turn the whole show in a different direction.
  • edited January 2012
    Welcome back, I was actually wondering where the fuck you got to! I was under the impression that you left when the drama kicked off. Glad to see you here again though :)
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Yeah I was also under that impression as Trx said. You have no idea how happy I am to see you back here as I always enjoyed reading your funny tales and the different signature after every post.
    If you don't mind me asking, and yes you can call me a retard for not knowing, but what were you self medicating with? If ever you want to have a chat to a younger perspective then I'm around. So glad you're back here and I hope for a long time coming.
    Welcome home, Son.
    <3:)
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited January 2012
    Good to see you man. I'm glad to see you back. Good timing as well as I've been learning to cook, so now you can help me!
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited January 2012
    Hi C/O!!! :D
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited January 2012
    How was the food in rehab?
    Welcome back.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited January 2012
    Welcome back c/o.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2012
    Please dont tell me you spent all of your grandfathers money on crack?

W/B, glad you think group therapy is a load of cock.
  • edited January 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    Welcome back, now make me a sammich.

That seems very familiar, I think you said exactly the same thing when I was offline for a while the last time. +3 for consistency.
    I can relate to the PSTD, I am going through a bunch of shit myself right now and trying to get help from the Veterans Administration. They diagnosed me with PSTD in late November and have not really done shit since. Welcome back CO, I always liked you even though we didn't always see eye to eye or get along. Good luck with trying to get your life where you want it to be. After 20 or 30 years of running in the wrong direction it is not easy to turn the whole show in a different direction.

To be honest, I have trouble accepting the diagnosis. I did have a somewhat fucked up childhood, but it is nothing compared to what some friends of mine had. I was never raped, beaten, or abused. My mom was messed up, and I am a little whacked too, but it is not a result of trauma, it is an expression of our basic nature combined with a disposition to drug abuse. I know it is a real thing, and if you are dealing with it , I offer my support.
    trx100 wrote: »
    Welcome back, I was actually wondering where the fuck you got to! I was under the impression that you left when the drama kicked off. Glad to see you here again though :)

Short story; I got a good job, I got good insurance, I had consultations with a professional, 3 month rehab was offered, I declined, I was told I could do the rehab and come back to the same job or I could take 2 weeks severance and fuck off. I took the rehab,
    RemadE wrote: »
    Yeah I was also under that impression as Trx said. You have no idea how happy I am to see you back here as I always enjoyed reading your funny tales and the different signature after every post.
    If you don't mind me asking, and yes you can call me a retard for not knowing, but what were you self medicating with? If ever you want to have a chat to a younger perspective then I'm around. So glad you're back here and I hope for a long time coming.
    Welcome home, Son.
    <3:)

Coke, and derivatives, booze, some excursions into other things. They put a lot of work into convincing me that things like benzo's and SSRI's were a better way to go than weed, but for immediate control of my moods, I still throw down with the green.
    angryonion wrote: »
    How was the food in rehab?
    Welcome back.

Not bad really, the place was pretty high end, healthy though. They restricted both sugar and portion size too. I was kind of surprised at how happy I was to be utterly unconcerned with food for a while, I just ate what was on the plate, and left. After a month I had a choice of a few different work options, and I decided on janitorial instead of kitchen, there is something very pleasant about whistling a Ramones song as you mop out a bathroom, and as it was one of the only times I got to be alone, I enjoyed it, as strange as that may sound.
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Please dont tell me you spent all of your grandfathers money on crack?
    W/B, glad you think group therapy is a load of cock.

Hah!, no, fuck I only ever used 20's and 40's, well within my means, but still a problem. I had been clean for 3 weeks before the ass clowns at the insurance company fucked me over by attempting to cancel my policy due to a 'pre existing condition'(habitual drug use), that I had not disclosed on my form, and set off the chain of events.
    Group therapy was interesting, and I can understand how it could be useful, but I honestly don't think it did me much good.

C/O
    "Clean, odd word, so many meanings"