Conditions for Getting Hired

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2012 in Spurious Generalities
This is a comment taken from this article: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/teachers-aide-fired-for-refusing-to-hand-over-facebook-password/11246

Thank you for your resume for the position of Chief of Decency Police (CDP). We are very interested in offering you this position contingent upon the following:

1. Please send us your underwear, soiled and new. All CDPs must wear plain underwear ("tightie whities"), and any underwear with lace tops, sayings or color will disqualify you from consideration.

2. The names, phone numbers and addresses of your first and last two boyfriends, and any and all current and former spouses. All CDP candidates must undergo strict background checks and we want to assure you were married when you engaged in any sexual relations.

3. In addition to number 2, please provide a complete three year history of your menstrual cycle prior to giving birth to any children. We want to assure that sexual intercourse is for procreation only. If you do not have any children and are married, please note frequency and times of sexual intercourse on the calendar so we may infer the use of contraceptives.

Finally, since the CDP will spend all their time worrying about other people, we need a complete history of your internet use along with the requisite passwords to any and all sites such as Facebook, Yahoo or Gmail. We also will need to know if you have a Hotmail account, since the term is salacious and would clearly indicate tendencies toward sexual deviation.

Thank you for your interest the job of CDP, we look forward to receiving this information (especially the soiled undies). Don't worry, we'll be watching you.

Sincerely,

Walton J. Fugbugger

I wouldn't be surprised if the border control asks access to your online accounts before letting you in.

Comments

• Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited April 2012
    Did you see that article a couple weeks ago about scum bag employers in the states demanding facebook passwords so they could check out what the potential hires are doing. I hope Facebook sues the dirtbag employers. Seriously what the fuck does our Facebook/Twitter behaviour have to do with anything.
    If a persons qualified then hire them already and as for the border patrol I wouldn't doubt the us border guards would think to ask for that info
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited April 2012
    Social media has just become another tool for mass surveillance. Honestly I would lose my shit if they asked for my facebook password at an interview, its fucking unethical. However part of this is our fault people have gotten into this idiotic habit of posting everything they do on facebook and the like and adding anyone who sends them a friend request, I swear I see the affects of social media on my younger brothers (about 5 years difference) they have no concept of privacy and neither do most of their peers or kids younger than them, they just post whatever ignorant shit they want then get upset when it bites them on the ass.