Apple....

SpinsterSpinster Regular
Fuck off internet adds. No I will not click to win an apple product...........

a) I'm not stupid

b) I HATE apple

I don't understand this fad. people say "I love apple because the got apps" wooo, whooped dee doo.

I would rather my cheap little cell phone with buttons than some huge brick.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    I have an iPod because of the warranty, but that's as far as I go with Apple. Plus I hate their earphones - Bose FTW.
    Seriously, I don't get the fads with the "apps" either. Yes I have an Android phone but it's hacked beyond recognition to suit me. Not to make a statement as I let it dangle out of my pocket.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    I like my phone, between the two of us I am the smart one. But seriously Apple was cool with the Mac until the Mac stopped using the Motorola CPU platform and switched to Intel. Since then they have been nothing more than overpriced PC's running a proprietary distro of BSD.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2012
    I have an ipod Touch which is a really good product. I can't think of another dedicated mp3 player (non-phone) that resesmbes the ipod.

A lot of web-devs and coders use MBPs. The idea behind it is that it's a hassle free "unix OS". Looking at the state of the Linux Desktop sometimes, it's hard to argue with that.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited February 2012
    lol im the only one without one, I must be jealous lol

Im also I bit of a simpleton and i like my electronic to be basic, not have to bugger around with iTunes.

I was watching the news and the factory that make apple products (and various other) has suicide nets outside the building because the working conditions are so poor :/
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2012
    The biggest criticism i have with Apple is the way they refuse to open up the itunes store for developers. there's a $500.00 fee right now and it's all vetted by them.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    ^^ I have had the Samsung P3 dedicated MP3 player for several years now and it is fantastic. There are many MP3 players which are better than the Apple, and although they dont have apps I feel that the reason why you would buy an MP3 player is for the sound alone which means that basically most of the Ipod's competitors are better. Any Cowon MP3 players gives amazing sound, and other companies like Samsung, Sony, and Philips are not only brilliant but also much cheaper. The only Apple product I would buy is the Iphone.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    I would not buy an Apple product period. None of them solve my needs.
    edited February 2012
    Lol Samsung stuff is manufactured by the same guys as Apple.

BUT, that means apple quality without the crap.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited April 2012
    I had an Iphone as a company phone for a couple of months before I demanded to be switched back to a Blackberry
    Just to say that Itunes brought out an anger issue that I am not proud of as i had to buy a new laptop (threw the almost new one out of my window) and fix a couple holes that I had punched into a wall . I am sorry but I like my BB Torch and the thing came with 8 gigs of internal memory and the MP3 player is decent enough
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited April 2012
    I like my phone, between the two of us I am the smart one. But seriously Apple was cool with the Mac until the Mac stopped using the Motorola CPU platform and switched to Intel. Since then they have been nothing more than overpriced PC's running a proprietary distro of BSD.

Same here, I own and have owned several 68000 series Macs, a couple PowerPC Macs, and a couple of Apple II series systems. I do have an iPod as well, but I will probably never own an Intel Mac, and I definitely wouldn't buy one. The changeover to Intel chips as well as the overpriced "updates" for the OS pretty much put me off.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited April 2012
    apple is only a money symbol ill stick with my phone it does every thing a ipone/ipod touch does besides all the add ons like the hd radio reciever which i dont need because i have tune in radio which gets me almost every radio station in the us and some over seas plus i have 20 gb on my phone itill i get a 32gb card which is all i need
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2012
    Their lappys remind me of the old Russian made Lada. Good strong body, cunt to work on with bullshit parts. And for me personally! Ugly to look at.
    edited May 2012
    just bought a new head unit for my car, it has iPod connectivity. Still not buying an iPod lol
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    just bought a new head unit for my car, it has iPod connectivity. Still not buying an iPod lol
    Is that a jack point? You can plug your notebook into it. Did that come with a USB port as well?
    edited May 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Is that a jack point? You can plug your notebook into it. Did that come with a USB port as well?

Nah I mean like iPod connectivity like it can plug into the HU via usb and talk to the bloody thing haha