This is bothering me

ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
My neighbor spoke to me this morning. I don't know why. I was in my backyard, doing yard work. She was standing on her deck, staring at me in a really obvious way. Fucking creepy. When I turned towards her, she called out, "Hey, good morning!" I didn't know what to do so I just nodded. Years ago, we had a bitter battle over their dog's barking. I called Animal Control on them several times and even posted a video of their dog's barking on Youtube with their full names, address and phone number. I would have also posted their social security numbers if I knew them.

I don't believe she was just being neighborly, because of the ill will over the fucking dog. I think this bitch wants something but I can't figure out what. I'm a really good neighbor. The only thing I can think of that she might have an issue with is the fact that I smoke. I started smoking again earlier this year but I really don't smoke that much. It's not like I sit out there all day.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    To be honest she just might be bored but as you mentioned you do have a history together. Some people love their dogs a bit too much, she might have a grudge against you and she is pissed enough that she wants to hurt you in some way. I am not saying she will go out and try to kill you but their is a chance that just might try something. Also, if she doesn't smoke at all, chances are she is pissed about your smoking habits. You can tell her to fuck off but again keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I suggest you keep an eye out for her, observe her but act as if nothing happened.

I am pretty sure you're more clever than her but do not underestimate her. In short, follow your instincts and be on your guard. If possible installing a camera around your place wouldn't be a bad idea.

Oh and we're working on the new website design, some feedback would be nice.
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited June 2012
    You should kill her dog with antifreeze
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Cloudcat wrote: »
    Woah, when did you pop up?
  • edited June 2012
    Leave it for now. If she does in fact want something, she'll make contact with you again soon, at which point it will be obvious. You should probably engage in conversation if it happens again, and see if you can get anything out of her as to what the hell she's after. Perhaps even hint towards the smoking? Neighbors should come to agreements - my neighbors don't mind me playing loud music during the daytime because we've come to agreements. Make friends with your neighbors, or in your case, see what she's after.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited June 2012

There is no way to put it in the yard. They are very alert. Plus, the dog isn't an issue anymore.
    trx100 wrote: »
    Leave it for now. If she does in fact want something, she'll make contact with you again soon, at which point it will be obvious. You should probably engage in conversation if it happens again, and see if you can get anything out of her as to what the hell she's after.

I think you're right. I do yard work every Monday morning (today I was just watering the plants) and I'm dreading it now because I don't want the confrontation. I'm a good neighbor and I mind my own business, I just want to be left alone when doing yard work. For some reason, this has really bothered me and I've been obsessing about it.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2012
    You never really know with women, they seem to really enjoy arguments. I knew a guy who would pick verbal fights with women for the sole purpose of sleeping with them, he had a more than natural success rate.

Maybe she feels it's not worth holding a grudge over. Maybe she wants to build a patio in her backyard that will block your sun and is trying to warm you up. who knows. Maybe she just saw a film about neighborly love.

Maybe she's going to bring in some roosters.

All in all, nothing a sharp shovel can't fix.
    edited June 2012

I love the way you think, btw. When I was at that party last night, there were yelping dogs in the yard next door to my friend's house. Because I had been drinking, I accidentally said what I was thinking, "Those dogs should drink from a bowl of antifreeze." Lol. :facepalm: The three people I was talking with looked so horrified. Lol.
    Dfg wrote: »

Cloudcat is my e-bff. He's obligated to reply to my threads, lol. JK... sort of.
    edited June 2012
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, these people watch me. This isn't me being a narcissist, thinking everything is about me. Like they really watch me. I've been getting quotes for some concrete work in my backyard & every single time I have an estimator come by, that fucking woman goes out on the deck & just stands there & listens. One day I was in my driveway unloading plants out of the back of the pickup (I'm into gardening) & that fucking woman sent her daughter around the block to see what I was doing. Like I was in the backyard carrying a bag of compost back there & I saw the daughter leave the yard. I went back to the truck in the driveway to get the plants & saw the daughter walking by. After I had brought my plants into the backyard, I saw the daughter enter their backyard. She literally only walked around the block. It was so fucking obvious they wanted to know what I was doing. I mean wtf. This is creepy.
  • edited June 2012
    Sounds like you should take some sort of revenge on your neighbors, making it look like someone else did it...
    edited June 2012

I've been lurking for a little while now. I'm only here for Shady :heart:

That and I'm banned from zoklet for like 6 months.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012

Oh okay, enjoy your stay.
    edited June 2012
    Leave it for now. If she does in fact want something, she'll make contact with you again soon, at which point it will be obvious. You should probably engage in conversation if it happens again, and see if you can get anything out of her as to what the hell she's after. Perhaps even hint towards the smoking? Neighbors should come to agreements - my neighbors don't mind me playing loud music during the daytime because we've come to agreements. Make friends with your neighbors, or in your case, see what she's after.

I forgot to mention- I didn't really know how to react being I was so shocked she was speaking to me. It was also early & I wasn't really awake yet. When she spoke to me, I was putting the hose back on the hanger. After I did that, I went into my garage & I started wondering what she wanted so I went back to the backyard but she wasn't in her yard anymore.
    Also, if she doesn't smoke at all, chances are she is pissed about your smoking habits.

The thing with the smoking is, I don't think it drifts into her yard. My yard is bigger than all of neighbors yards. Not bragging, just saying. Her house is in the row behind mine. Her yard only borders mine by like 4 feet. I am trying really hard to quit smoking but I would forget about that if I knew it bothered her. If that was the case, I would prop a chair right near our property lines & sit there & chainsmoke all fucking day long to spite her.
    Sounds like you should take some sort of revenge on your neighbors, making it look like someone else did it...

Yeah, they park one of their vehicles in the driveway. One night, I'm going to throw ninja rocks at the windows.

:heart:

Listen, I don't think they're going to unban you. They NEVER reverse permabans because it would make them look wishy washy, like they can't stick to their decisions. They don't like how poast throws it in their face how Fish said he was banned for life then they reversed the permaban. I think they told you, you would be unbanned so you would stop making alts to PM them about being unbanned. I bet they are hoping everyone will forget about you, I mean people aren't even bitching about your ban anymore, I'm like the only one who does. I bring it up every week because I'm loyal to you.

:heart:
    edited June 2012
    Unwyred told me in a PM that he changed my permaban to either a 60 day ban or a 6 month ban, I can't remember which. I dunno if after the time is up he has to go back and manually unban me, or if it's automatic. If he has to do it manually then yeah I doubt he'll ever really do it but I'm pretty sure it's already set. I guess I'll know in a few months. Either way I still have those alts.

Even back when the ban was fresh there was only a couple people who actually gave a shit, like you and jerome and Blunderful etc. Those other people definitely forgot me by now though so thanks for sticking up for me still :o
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited June 2012
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    Yeah, they park one of their vehicles in the driveway. One night, I'm going to throw ninja rocks at the windows.

The white bit on spark plugs work well.
  • edited June 2012
    Anything porcelain works really well, has no trouble smashing through glass and makes very little sound :thumbsup: There should be a guide on here somewhere on this very subject, I remember a thread about it anyway...
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    Perhaps shes watching you from a sexual nature. Ya'know? Looking to blow the old dust off that strapon hiding under her bed.
    edited June 2012
    So, I've basically been avoiding my backyard, lol. I did yard work on Monday & by the time the neighbor came out, I was finishing up in the back (did the backyard first when I usually do the front yard first) so I quickly left the backyard. I had been smoking on the front porch more but this morning I was smoking a cigarette out back when the neighbor entered her yard so I quickly walked around the front. Lol, I'm so pathetic avoiding my neighbor. :facepalm: I really, really hate confrontation. I mind my own business & just want to be left alone. I'm not much of a talker in general & loathe conversation.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Well, no one is forcing you into a confrontation. Just try to act natural, the more you run back and forth, the more she is going think something is wrong. Woman are really perceptive when it comes to slight changes!