Well, well, well...

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I was rudely woken up at 11am on a Saturday morning by my Mum and Sister to be handed a letter.

Turns out that I will be graduating University, and I was 0.15% off getting into the top grade mark! FFFFFUUUUUU-

But still, that's pretty fucking funny...yeah you thought I was gonna say impressive.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2012
    well done.

Actually i was just counting how many credit points i need to complete to graduate...still a while. :(:(
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    Fucking Sweet!!!! Congratz dude. :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Congrats, now you're done with this shit, you can get on with life and become a harem king like myself.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Cheers lads :) totally not having an Archer breakfast...
    830px-archer_partying.png

And yup, well up for my own Harem ownership course now. See that little tanned kid?
    Yeah, welcome to the club, Dfg.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Bitch, I joined the club before you!
    edited June 2012
    I actually got an email saying they are looking at my marks because of my "attitude and attendance" which could really fuck me over.

I replied with "You do that, and instead of printing my name in the local paper as I refuse to go to the graduation ceremony, I'll publish a story about all the lecturers I supplied with blow and weed in my last year there who have fucked me over as well as those lecturers who lost my essays and have given me a shit grade because of it".

I spent most of today drinking and burning my anti depressant pills before passing out and waking up to my dog pissing on me.

University. As Mark Twain said, never let schooling interfere with your education.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2012
    You'll probably find that it's just one narrow-minded lecturer with a grudge. Don't worry too much he'll let it go after he's had his fun.
    edited June 2012
    Ah got my fingers crossed. I know I missed a lot of lectures after my Hospital trip in January as my gut has been twisted ever since (yeah, you can imagine the agony) plus where my University was, it is situated between a few hills. Still, I managed my best and got to the Library to do my work in order to catch up.

Turns out they have shifted the grade boundaries this year (as they have also changed the course costs and term/semester dates) so my mark is borderline 2:1/First and I would hate for it to go down a boundary just because of a 0.15% lack of grade. Also they now grade you on your attitude, attentiveness/attendance and overall personality (talk about overkill) and I have a feeling my Tutor didn't keep his mouth shut about buying drugs through me - as I got an email from my Counsellor as she spoke to my Social Worker whom I vaguely mentioned bribery in my faculty with "things I'd rather not discuss" during a day where I was feeling particularly bitter - so the 2 go together. All coming out of the woodwork now.
    Plus I wasn't allowed any extra help after my first final exam where I blacked out on the floor head-first for a while and had no medical help to make sure I was alright. In the end, if I do fuck up, it's my fault (drug addictions, recklessness, purposely being abrasive towards some individuals and the fact I joined as a joke made me realise the joke was on me)
    The only thing the University has to be blamed for is losing 3 of my assignments, openly discussing corrupt Lecturers and grading my work on their personal views (eg. Anti-Zionism was opposed as a Political view by a Lecturer so she marked me down for mentioning it in a 2-sentence part of a paragraph), so I had to play into their hands in order to get better grades - which should not be the way things work as there is no variation in any assignments - they're all the same shat-out pieces of prefabricated crud. No individuality etc, which is what they taught us to be like (especially, as they loved the word "Diversity"...more black students and cripples = more funding).

That said, I declined to go to Graduation as I don't want to see the dicks I met in my 3 years there, and not to have my name posted in the local paper for all those who don't like me (and the 2 who are out to kill me still) can see my details. Plus I'm sure a great story would be about how the younger Lecturers/Tutors are all mostly drug abusers. That would be a great accompaniment to the names/grades/messages in the paper.

We shall see. Way to blow my confidence, University. But it wasn't all in vain - I learnt a lot about life, people types, work and managing my life with medical stuff while living away from home. Plus I am now looking heavily into Chemistry and C++ as they are areas I managed to build up my strength in (more a word guy as opposed to numbers) so I want to be balanced. Plus after my stint of dealing drugs, my mental arithmetic skills have soared! ;)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    Fuck reading this makes me think twice before applying for the BMS program which will take four years and cost me a fortune.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited July 2012
    I hate teachers/tutors etc. they are all puffed up ego knowalls. Almost as bad as having a boss lol!

Good stuff Remade.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited July 2012
    Well done brotha, we have a qualified totsean :D
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, ThirdRock :) I have yet to receive any contact from said institution, however I was talking to a friend on the phone today and she is in a similar situation as me (what with "Lost" assignments and she got a letter to retake an exam, but also got her final score) - so I'm not the only one confused.

Seriously, you'd think academic institutes would at least master the basic level of operating, right? Lol.
  • edited July 2012
    Just got my results back and I've passed my first year :thumbsup: A few years down the line and I'll hopefully be posting a similar thread to this one, minus the lost assignments etc ;)
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    Just got my results back and I've passed my first year :thumbsup: A few years down the line and I'll hopefully be posting a similar thread to this one, minus the lost assignments etc ;)
    Let me be the first to congratulate you for the first year. :thumbsup:
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited July 2012
    Congrats!!!
    edited July 2012
    Nice work trx :) doesn't surprise me to be honest. You do seem to be enjoying your course (judging by the lack of bitching, like me) lol.
  • edited July 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Nice work trx :) doesn't surprise me to be honest. You do seem to be enjoying your course (judging by the lack of bitching, like me) lol.

Most of the bitching is done behind the scenes, usually in real life or over a Facebook group which is actually just a giant bitchfest :thumbsup: No point in me bitching here really! But I do enjoy my course :D
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited July 2012
    trx: Stealing the glory in threads since 2000.

WELL DONE REMADE, YOU ROCK WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    edited July 2012
    Haha, cheers ThirdRock :) this place does mean a lot to me and is my second-life. Genuinely, a big thanks :hai:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    Going to get the Admissions form for the BMS tomorrow. Time to EDUCATION UP!