The Colorado Shooting.

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited July 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Lets take movie reviews to a whole new level shall we? It will consist of 3 fully loaded firearms and a large crowd of people.

Colorado Movie Theater Shooting: 71 Victims The Largest Mass Shooting

Twelve people were killed and 59 were injured in Aurora, Colo., during a sold-out midnight premier of the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" when 24-year-old James Holmes allegedly unloaded four weapons' full of ammunition into the unsuspecting crowd.

The number of casualties makes the incident the largest mass shooting in U.S. history.

Holmes, an honors student and Ph.D candidate at a nearby college with a clean arrest record, allegedly entered the movie auditorium wearing a ballistics helmet, bullet-proof vest, bullet-proof leggings, gas mask and gloves. He detonated multiple smoke bombs, and then began firing at viewers in the sold-out auditorium, police said today.

Bullets from the spree tore through the theater and into adjoining theaters, where at least one other person was struck and injured. Ten members of "The Dark Knight Rises" audience were killed in theater, while two others died later at area hospitals. Numerous patrons were in critical condition at six local hospitals, the Aurora police said this afternoon.

Holmes was apprehended within minutes of the 12:39 a.m. shooting at his car behind the theater, where police found him in full riot gear and carrying three weapons, including a AR-15 assault rifle, which can hold upwards of 100 rounds, a Remington 12 gauge shot gun, and a .40 Glock handgun. A fourth handgun was found in the vehicle.

Agents from the federal bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms are tracing the weapons. ABC news confirmed that they were all purchased legally.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aurora-colo-batman-shooter-james-holmes-phd-student/story?id=16817842#.UAkhRuTMdJE

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    Wow, that is shocking. He must have really loved or hated Batman. But still, 12 people died because some idiot thought he should represent evil or something. I wonder what he was thinking. He did plan everything, I hope he gets hanged.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    I wonder what he was thinking.

My conspiracy theory is! This dude was mind control triggered via a phone call and key phrase by the big fat suits who have invested shit loads of coin into the making of this movie. This shooting will help promote it. Or the guy was done for pirating movies, got pwnd and this was his protest against the new piratiing laws.
    Personally! I like the second theory best.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    There was a thread on Reddit with a casualty who was shot in the chest (kinda wishing I at least bookmarked it now). Imagine being caught-out in the cinema though, thinking the smoke device was part of the film?
    Damn. Must have sucked being in there. I'm bad with condolences.
    edited July 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    There was a thread on Reddit with a casualty who was shot in the chest (kinda wishing I at least bookmarked it now). Imagine being caught-out in the cinema though, thinking the smoke device was part of the film?
    Damn. Must have sucked being in there. I'm bad with condolences.
    That would have been an interesting read bro. :cool:

Just in totsean news bulletin ....... Shooter gets more hits than this thread. lol!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    My conspiracy theory is! This dude was mind control triggered via a phone call and key phrase by the big fat suits who have invested shit loads of coin into the making of this movie. This shooting will help promote it. Or the guy was done for pirating movies, got pwnd and this was his protest against the new piratiing laws.
    Personally! I like the second theory best.

You don't know how close you are. But you are pointing the finger at Hollywood instead of D.C.
    edited July 2012
    I had a dream on the 17th about going to a Batman showing at a nightclub/cinema with Christian Bale and we escaped via hot air balloon when some shit went down.

This is starting to freak me out. I sent a message to a mate about the dream, too. I HAVE PROOF I TELL YA!
    edited July 2012
    You don't know how close you are. But you are pointing the finger at Hollywood instead of D.C.
    No,no! Not hollyweird. The movie industries financial corporate backers. DC are merely political pwns in a world of financial gain. They are simply asset gaurdians of the big fat suits. Then again! I'm starting to wonder if they are the movie industries financial injectors. Ever watched a movie like the 'Avengers' or 'Fantastic4' and thought to yourself. "This shitty assed movie reaks of propaganda" That my friend! I think is poliical intervention.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited July 2012
    Shit like this makes me glad I have my concealed carry license. I can't imagine being in the middle of some shit like that, heart goes out to those who were injured or killed.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited July 2012
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited July 2012
    Meh, he will get crammed into a box as well, the angle this time will be the lonely, depressed, nerd type. Then we will get to watch as "experts" analyze everything from the shows he watches to what color his shit is to see "what makes this madman tick". Of course then we will get to hear from every moron with an agenda, from the violent vidya games made him crazy to the gun control crowd. This is just what the media does, they put shit into these little neat boxes that touch on "issues" that they know will draw certain crowds, its why you see a particular network talking about the same kinda shit over and over. They just sell what their audience wants to hear. Mark my words CNN will play the gun control angle and that bitch Nancy Grace will be back on her high horse the evils of violence in media and we don't even have to go into the level of bullshit Fox will be spewing.

It's this kinda of shit that irritates me about these incidents, a legit tragedy gets turned into a media circus and a vehicle for every moron with an agenda.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    Arkansan wrote: »
    Meh, he will get crammed into a box as well, the angle this time will be the lonely, depressed, nerd type. Then we will get to watch as "experts" analyze everything from the shows he watches to what color his shit is to see "what makes this madman tick". Of course then we will get to hear from every moron with an agenda, from the violent vidya games made him crazy to the gun control crowd. This is just what the media does, they put shit into these little neat boxes that touch on "issues" that they know will draw certain crowds, its why you see a particular network talking about the same kinda shit over and over. They just sell what their audience wants to hear. Mark my words CNN will play the gun control angle and that bitch Nancy Grace will be back on her high horse the evils of violence in media and we don't even have to go into the level of bullshit Fox will be spewing.

It's this kinda of shit that irritates me about these incidents, a legit tragedy gets turned into a media circus and a vehicle for every moron with an agenda.

This happens every where, in Pakistan the News channel would go crazy about it. Hell, I still remember seeing the channels get flooded when that bitch died (not naming her) and for weeks we had to listen to people speculate about how she got killed and now recently it's getting worse. Too many channels and too much garbage. I have given up on TV. Don't really watch it anymore. Only Show Time shows with no Ads and eztv.it.
    406336_10151128756738854_1203459021_n.jpg
    So true it hurts. If I did this, I would have a bullet in my head right now. This my friend is what being racist is all about. It's like that dude that attacked an Indian and walked off to jail smiling. Stuff like this makes me check my back every time. I can't carry guns but I do carry my camera every where.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited July 2012
    I wanna add that one of the victims that died recently survived a mall shooting here in Toronto (Eaton Centre). She got Final Destinationed.
    edited July 2012
    406336_10151128756738854_1203459021_n.jpg

Haha...Ain't that shit the truth.
    It reminds me of that black dude in the US who ate parts of his GF. Comments were something like. "Fuck! That's the sorta shit white people do" & "See! We're not the only crazy race out there" :D
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2012
    There couldn't be a more compelling case for torrenting movies.
    edited July 2012
    Its amazing how something like a mass shooting brings out the best in totsean reasoning. :thumbsup:
    The media will twist this around by saying something like "He was inspired be a "pirated copy" of the new batman movie" :(

The suspect in the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater screening of the new Batman film early Friday had colored his hair red and told police he was "the Joker," according to a federal law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation.

I knew it! :o
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    I wanna add that one of the victims that died recently survived a mall shooting here in Toronto (Eaton Centre). She got Final Destinationed.

This is the first time I have ever seen someone use FD in this way. Good job Sir.
    edited July 2012

Perhaps the most useful lesson we could possibly learn from this to TBH.
    edited July 2012
    I guess it wasn't such a great birthday after all. :(

c4c9k.png
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I guess it wasn't such a great birthday after all. :(

c4c9k.png
    Tweeted him

Fuck, it gets really depressing when you're tweeting to a ghost.

https://foursquare.com/sully_2003/checkin/4fd651cce4b02d3b880843f8?s=JWv71-yICZbI8UMYWIMVX9upU8w&ref=tw
    https://foursquare.com/sully_2003
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    This is his Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/alex.sullivan.180
    Married to
    Cassandra Sullivan

Srsly!

Send her this message:
    My deepest condolences. I wish I could change time and fix things but like you and others I am powerless but I do hope you will find strength in this message and live on. Please be brave. Didn't knew Alex, but heard about his tweet and traced him to his account. If you need someone to talk to or you need any help just let me know.

Best Regards,
    Richard
    From Pakistan (Totseans Community)
    edited July 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    It'd get pretty wack if the ghost replied. :eek:
  • edited July 2012
    And somehow, my dad didn't know about any of this until last night when he was watching the news :facepalm: Seriously, the older generation need to use the internet more.
    edited July 2012
    We are beginning to unplug....
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited July 2012
    Do you think there will be any change in cinemas? Particularly in the US. Like metal detectors and more CCTV. I too young to remember but im sure Airport security was stepped right up after 9/11.

I really fucks me off you can walk onto a plane without being sniffed, x-rayed and scanned before you fly, all because of a few idiots.
  • edited July 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    Do you think there will be any change in cinemas? Particularly in the US. Like metal detectors and more CCTV. I too young to remember but im sure Airport security was stepped right up after 9/11.

I really fucks me off you can walk onto a plane without being sniffed, x-rayed and scanned before you fly, all because of a few idiots.

Metal detectors would cause too much hassle. People shouldn't have to take their belts off before watching a movie, airport-style security would ruin the experience and the atmosphere completely. It would be such a shame if they did start doing something like that.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited July 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    Metal detectors would cause too much hassle. People shouldn't have to take their belts off before watching a movie, airport-style security would ruin the experience and the atmosphere completely. It would be such a shame if they did start doing something like that.

Yeh sorry. I hope they dont do the air port style security too. It was just something I thought about today.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2012
    I doubt they'd do anything obtrusive like that. They are a private business and need to solicit your business after all. They might install gaurds.

It's not like an airport, where you have no choice.
    edited July 2012
    Arkansan, I have never heard more wiser words, and this will be my reasoning for torrenting movies now.

Fuck, there is a lot of sense in this thread. What pisses me off though, is not only the emotional cost this guy wrought on people, but (once again, another argument) the healthcare costs.

Hey, maybe Mitt Romney could just chip in. That's make him a bit more popular after fucking up over here. Can't imagine it would cost him much.
    edited July 2012
    edited July 2012
    Holy shit. No wonder the guy "showed no remorse" in Court if he didn't do it LOL. I can change my nose shape, but the ears, well that's a good point.

Edit: This. Seems pretty good, despite everyone calling Alex Jones a nutjob