My house got robbed.

angryonionangryonion Just some guy
edited July 2013 in Spurious Generalities
So last week on Tuesday I come home from work and my house is trashed,my safe is broken into and the cat is missing.
Note this thread is not in bitch and moan because I'm not really bitchen,I just want to share a story and maybe let others learn from my mistakes.
So lesson #1 do not let yourself get comfortable keeping lots of cash on hand in a FIRESAFE these things are not meant to keep out bad people.
DSC_0197-Copy_zps54d920ad.jpg
Lesson #2 if you have a dead end street at the back of your property get some sort of security camera.
Lesson#3 don't ever think your town is safe ever.
The person that hit my place got two other houses on the same day in the same area.He took only jewelery and cash.In my case he also took my passport and my wife's passport,along with that he took my bank book and all my other banking info.I spent lots of time online changing shit,canceled the passports and bought lifelock.
What more can I do to protect myself?"any input would be welcome".
The cat came back and it was a good thing to because my wife was loosing her shit over it,she didn't care we just lost over $4500 bucks and paperwork.
She was so upset because the night before we had to put down our other cat that we had for 19 years and she could not stand the thought of loosing our other cat.
Now I have camera's front and back that hopefully will be accessible on the internet if I can remember my routers password.
Another thing I might add is that the guy who ripped me off could have stole much more he left a laptop,a brand new Nikon digital slr,and fuck ton of other shit.It could have been much worse.
I learned a few things and I will never get cought with my pants down again.

Comments

• ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited July 2013
    I found out a long time ago that a dowel rod wedged into the windows track makes a lot harder to get into without breaking the window out.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2013
    I wish someone would steal some of my cats. I have 5 of the fuckers. The longer I keep them the cluckier I get.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2013
    Cats are cool but I really want a couple of dogs,I love dogs they are the best.The only reason I do not have any is that they require time.
    Right now I work close to 11 hours a day 6 days a week.
    Dogs need a person around and right now the way things are I cant do it.It would not be right for the fury fuckers.
    edited July 2013
    I have a dog as well as those 5 furry little fuckers. They sleep all over her! It's not natural. :(
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2013
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I wish someone would steal some of my cats. I have 5 of the fuckers. The longer I keep them the cluckier I get.

I have six cats and two dogs. Can make finding a rental a challenge as most landlords don't want tenants with pets. I was lucky with the place i'm in as they wern't too worried.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited July 2013
    I know how finding a rental is with pets, I have four cats and a pit/lab mix. Most cities in my area have anti pit ordinances on top of the shear number of animals. Also my dog is great friends with my cats, of they are raised around them they seem to get on just fine.
    edited July 2013
    I know how that shit is gaiz. Luckily I have a friend who is coastal and offered me a place today (WooHoo) and dog incuded. .... cat's are not unfortunately. :(