Fun at work

AgathisAgathis Semo-Regulars
edited June 2014 in Man Cave
Hello i was wondering if you like your job or hate it? if you like it whats good about it? do you have a asshole of a boss or co-worker? Share your stories! :D

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2014
    My current job is mind-numbingly dull.

It's first level tech support, I'm currently getting a lot of hot design students trying to install windows software on macs. They all treat us like we're another species.

I hardly see my boss, he works on database stuff (those guys are usually insane btw) but he's nice and is always trying out oddball hair loss remedies.

My bosses boss likes to walk around and sing David Bowie hits very badly, he's totally incompetent and lives in fear over being discovered as a fraud.

My co-workers are all nice, but they have no idea how to deal with the people we're meant to be supporting. I came in early one day and overheard one explaining sendmail to a women who wanted help configuring her ipad to receive email.

As you can probably tell i "work" in the education sector. The worst part of my job is the fat past middle-age academics who come in to flirt with me (i attract these women for some reason).

The best part of my job is all the hobby time i get.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2014
    I finally found a position with a boss I like, houors I love, and working conditions that I choose on a daily basis. I am a disabled vet.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I fucking hate my job. I deal with the public who for the most part are arseholes. The management are greedy assholes who pay just above minimum wage yet expect the work output of someone on $20+ an hour. They replace people who leave with cunt school age children as they can legally pay them less. These children are mostly female in the 15-16 year old group who are lazy and rude which wouldn't be too bad if they offered up some ass every so often ;). My ex works in the same department as me, most of the females are cunts towards me as a result of this.

I look forward to finishing time even before I start work each day. Its a job that could drive most reasonable people into going on a killing spree on a daily basis. I feel like a part of me dies when I go into that place.

In short, don't work in a grocery store or retail in general and don't screw the crew.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2014
    Shit, I love my job, in fact my job is my life.

The guys I work with treat me like a brother (the good kind). The mate I work with understands me and my workflow we use mom jokes all the time, annoy the fuck out of each other but we both work hard as well.

Things I do;
    Make stuff
    Launch Stuff
    Teach Stuff

if the was a title it would be like this:
    Web Master
    Administrator
    Coach
    Marketing
    Writer
    Content Creator
    Manager
    Support Representative
    Relationship Consulor
    Social Networking Guru
    Affiliate Manager
    Video Editor
    Server Ops
    and much more.

Hence it's a lot difficult to give my job title.

In short, love the job, already dropped other local offers, hell I just got offered a job on the spot when I was attending a conference and when I answered to the question and ripped the panels a new asshole, the marketing dept guy offered me a job.

But I said no.

The job pays well, it's something I can build a future upon :D. Feel lucky just being with them.

Also, thanks to the job, I have this dedicated server which totseans is hosted on.

So, yeah I get to work on the Internet, I get be in Uni, I get to be independent and I get to use my fucking lovely system. Haswell-E here I come :D.

The only thing that sucks is Pakistan but I don't mind atm.