I am starving.

How about you?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    Just woke up a while ago, drank fresh coconut, then just finished big mug of coffee, now going to warm up paleo food and then workout after 2 hours :)
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    Slightly bloated for BBQ and two days of leftovers. 

Currently looking for some podcast/youtube thing to keep my brain busy while i do my workout. 
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Fuck it, now I'm hungry ....!
  • DfgDfg Admin

Slightly bloated for BBQ and two days of leftovers. 

Currently looking for some podcast/youtube thing to keep my brain busy while i do my workout. 

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    heh. I prefer to listen to news/informative stuff actually!!! :D
  • Dfg, that Paleo diet any guff?

It's very popular now, around here and I think the biggest impact it has is making people cook at home to a greater degree, which in turn means they see what they're putting into a fresh meal, making the meals simpler and perhaps smaller, and learning to appreciate the individual ingredient's impact in the cooking. Makes you mindful of overcomplicated food packed with calorie bearing shit that doesn't really improve the meal much. Gives you the freedom to style towards

Beyond that, what weight do you put into it?

I eat 'healthily', which involves whole foods the majority of the time, but isn't strictly necessary (cyclic ketogenic diet, seen great results thus far in all areas 18 months in - most of the shredding seen in the first 6-7). 
    This means I do get to eat some fucked up shit when it's time to get on the beer, like local diner's killer cheeseburger and wings deal or pierogi or jalepeno poppers by the bucketload washed down with Stone & Wood or Brooklyn Brown Ale for game nights. Just tweaking my blue-cheese sauce for the buff'lo waaaangs 15 minutes ago as it happens, ahead of the footy (State of Origin). Shame the poppers go down so easily, when they're so fucking laborious to prep, but at least that recipe is nailed hard. 

The gist: Buy all the good ones of a fairly consistent size, halve them bearing in mind you need to keep half the stem intact for each part, deseed and stuff with a mix of cream cheese and very finely diced chorizo, top with a little shaved parmesan and if you can afford it lace pancetta around each, then top with cut-to-fit thing slice of colby on each and grill/broil until your fucking instincts and tastebuds tell you they're ready. Very easy 'recipe', but massively time consuming. Pity smaller hands can't do the work yet.

Cauliflower base pizza though, fuck me, that's the real business. The rest of the time it's eggs, nuts, mushrooms, berries, avocado salmon, steak, coconut oil, grass fed butter, cooked cruciferous vegetables and leafy greens, and decent smoke cured bacon, too. Got to love two runny eggs served sunny side up, each on a big flat field mushroom grilled in butter with some fatty smokey bacon on the side that at the last minute had a handful of baby rocket wilted through. I still miss the thick crusty bread, but not much.
  • DfgDfg Admin

Dfg, that Paleo diet any guff?

It's very popular now, around here and I think the biggest impact it has is making people cook at home to a greater degree, which in turn means they see what they're putting into a fresh meal, making the meals simpler and perhaps smaller, and learning to appreciate the individual ingredient's impact in the cooking. Makes you mindful of overcomplicated food packed with calorie bearing shit that doesn't really improve the meal much. Gives you the freedom to style towards

Beyond that, what weight do you put into it?

I eat 'healthily', which involves whole foods the majority of the time, but isn't strictly necessary (cyclic ketogenic diet, seen great results thus far in all areas 18 months in - most of the shredding seen in the first 6-7). 

This means I do get to eat some fucked up shit when it's time to get on the beer, like local diner's killer cheeseburger and wings deal or pierogi or jalepeno poppers by the bucketload washed down with Stone & Wood or Brooklyn Brown Ale for game nights. Just tweaking my blue-cheese sauce for the buff'lo waaaangs 15 minutes ago as it happens, ahead of the footy (State of Origin). Shame the poppers go down so easily, when they're so fucking laborious to prep, but at least that recipe is nailed hard. 

The gist: Buy all the good ones of a fairly consistent size, halve them bearing in mind you need to keep half the stem intact for each part, deseed and stuff with a mix of cream cheese and very finely diced chorizo, top with a little shaved parmesan and if you can afford it lace pancetta around each, then top with cut-to-fit thing slice of colby on each and grill/broil until your fucking instincts and tastebuds tell you they're ready. Very easy 'recipe', but massively time consuming. Pity smaller hands can't do the work yet.

Cauliflower base pizza though, fuck me, that's the real business. The rest of the time it's eggs, nuts, mushrooms, berries, avocado salmon, steak, coconut oil, grass fed butter, cooked cruciferous vegetables and leafy greens, and decent smoke cured bacon, too. Got to love two runny eggs served sunny side up, each on a big flat field mushroom grilled in butter with some fatty smokey bacon on the side that at the last minute had a handful of baby rocket wilted through. I still miss the thick crusty bread, but not much.
    Mate it's pretty simple, I just have a chef that cooks for me :D. But I can share her recipes and her excel sheets with you if you want. The ingredients are always simple and natural. it's the mixing up and getting your taste buds tuned that takes some getting used to it.

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    A liquid diet works for me. I find if I binge drink I lose my appetite for about 2 days then I'm healthy enough to eat more liquids. ..... It's GREAT!