Well, Today I Learned I Can Recover Things from USB

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    I've never really tried repairing something as intricate as a flash drive. I guess it's because the soldered joints are tiny. After looking at this I'd be willing to give it a shot, hell I've got lots of fucked flash drives lying around.+1
  • I had to do something similar to that once with one of my external hard drives what plugged in via usb. The port came loose and I had to solder it back into place in order for the connection to work. Nervous work for me because it was my first time so I was gentle.
  • I had to do something similar to that once with one of my external hard drives what plugged in via usb. The port came loose and I had to solder it back into place in order for the connection to work. Nervous work for me because it was my first time so I was gentle.

First time, thehehe. Yeah I need to learn to do that shit myself man.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2015
    Those little SMDs and IC pins are the worst. You're meant to sort of paint the pins and slide them in place. Pain in the ass, as they're meant to be done by machine. Good job.
  • Yipes. I once cracked one pin on a flash drive, and got it going long enough to pull the data off of it. And it was a pain in the ass. What you did is incredible.