The Martian

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
Heads up when a good rip is put up, k?

During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney (Matt Damon) is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. Millions of miles away, NASA and a team of international scientists work tirelessly to bring “the Martian” home, while his crewmates concurrently plot a daring, if not impossible rescue mission. As these stories of incredible bravery unfold, the world comes together to root for Watney’s safe return. Based on a best-selling novel, and helmed by master director Ridley Scott, THE MARTIAN features a star studded cast that includes Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig, Kate Mara, Michael Peña, Jeff Daniels, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Donald Glover.

In Theaters - October 2, 2015

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    I keep meaning to read the book but never seem to do it. The Author (Andy Weir) was a developer - he worked on Warcraft two.
  • Read the book, loved it. I hope, the movie doesn't suck.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Dfg said:

Read the book, loved it. I hope, the movie doesn't suck.

The trailer looks promising, but then again we can't really rely on trailers because they normally show the best parts. Oh ya & I don't mind Damon as an actor, I think he's pretty cool.
    I wanna see watch it, I wanna watch it NOAW!
  • Dfg said:

Read the book, loved it. I hope, the movie doesn't suck.

The trailer looks promising, but then again we can't really rely on trailers because they normally show the best parts. Oh ya & I don't mind Damon as an actor, I think he's pretty cool.
    I wanna see watch it, I wanna watch it NOAW!
    Well, in this case the book is very simple so, yea, but Matt Damon is a good actor. Cuz he is Jason Bourne
  • I've read the book, and am quite looking forward to the movie. In fact, I don't think I've been this excited about a movie in a long time.
  • It is on my long list of "to read". I have over 100 books on that list currently. Right now for me it's The Man in Highcastle. I have been meaning to read The Martian for a little while now though. I will make it my next.
  • Prometheus wrote: »
    I've read the book, and am quite looking forward to the movie. In fact, I don't think I've been this excited about a movie in a long time.

Bro, that book was the balls. Loved it, I listened to the audio book so it was an intense experience. Hyped for the movie. IMAX ALL THE WAY.
    edited September 2015
    Dfg wrote: »
    Prometheus wrote: »
    I've read the book, and am quite looking forward to the movie. In fact, I don't think I've been this excited about a movie in a long time.

Bro, that book was the balls. Loved it, I listened to the audio book so it was an intense experience. Hyped for the movie. IMAX ALL THE WAY.
    Ahh... So I guess you like balls a lot then, huh?
  • bornkiller wrote: »
    Dfg wrote: »
    Prometheus wrote: »

Ahh... So I guess you like balls a lot then, huh?

In small quantities, yes.

• Ars Technica did a story about it, looks like they managed to leave in everything that made it great, and adapt the stuff that wouldn't work well on screen. I'm looking forward to the proper review which should be out later this week.

http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2015/09/the-martian-brings-science-largely-unchanged-from-book-to-screen/?mbid=social_cp_facebook_wir
  • 30 Sept, waiting for that day :D