Story ideas?

edited July 2010 in Life
Hey totse,
So I'm trying to write a book, and I have a couple ideas, but I was wondering if any of y'all have any good story ideas/motifs or whatever.

Comments

• da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    What do you know a fair bit about in life? What do you think you'd be able to write 200pages+ about?

You're going to find it extremely difficult to write anything interesting about shit if you haven't experienced much in life.
  • edited July 2010
    lol wut?
    edited July 2010
    lol wut?

You're obviously not going to get very far if you can't even comprehend English. Cunt.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I suggest you walk around and do some soul-searching and try to watch documentaries and explore different areas. If I was writing a book [which I plan to in future] I would stick to my roots and then share my views about this world. It will be insightful and interesting at the same time.
  • edited July 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    You're obviously not going to get very far if you can't even comprehend English. Cunt.

YIKES! I'm sorry if my response, "lol wut", offended you, but your original statement I found cantankerous--even presumptuous-- and I felt that the only appropriate rejoining statement had to be "lol wut".
  • edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I suggest you walk around and do some soul-searching and try to watch documentaries and explore different areas. If I was writing a book [which I plan to in future] I would stick to my roots and then share my views about this world. It will be insightful and interesting at the same time.

A lovely thought, thank you! :)
    edited July 2010
    YIKES! I'm sorry if my response, "lol wut", offended you, but your original statement I found cantankerous--even presumptuous-- and I felt that the only appropriate rejoining statement had to be "lol wut".

Yeah, it was both, because you're obviously never going to write anything of value if you have to ask others on inspiration for the basic fucking plot. That's the easiest part.
  • edited July 2010
    ^Lololololol. My goodness.
    edited July 2010
    ^Lololololol. My goodness.

Wutwut faggot, show me something you've written then. Clueless cunt.
  • 0omnidirectional0omnidirectional New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    Hey totse,
    So I'm trying to write a book, and I have a couple ideas, but I was wondering if any of y'all have any good story ideas/motifs or whatever.

1. Get really high and put on some good music

2. Sit around for awhile and enjoy the high coming on

3. Make a list of words/phrases that come to your head

4. Look over the list and try to elucidate what you could have been trying to get at with that small phrase

5. Do this everyday
  • edited July 2010
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Buddy, just calm down. I asked for some ideas, I really don't care if you don't have any. If this thread is making you upset, just stop posting in it.
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    I used to lecture first year creative writing students and a little trick that always went down well was to think of 3 random items and work them into a chapter.
    It's good for getting ink on page without over thinking narrative. Just write and write and write and write, clever plot lines and arc links can be worked into your second draft.
  • edited July 2010
    Thank you weathers, and it's wonderful to see you again 0mni!!! (good idea too)
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    I usually get some pretty unique ideas of my own after a week of watching multiple movies or when I'm starting/finishing a novel. Inspiration is the main factor here. Combine some ideas, think of when you would have liked a movie/novel to have turned out differently, and incorporate fragmented pieces into your head before coming to a conclusion (which will constantly be changing anyway).
  • edited July 2010
    ^an excellent thought as well, Daily.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Well life experiences can really make a difference in deciding what to write about. But it really depends on what type of book your going to write. It makes a huge difference on what your writing about.
  • edited July 2010
    true say, true say