Upgrading to win10

I guess curiosity killed the cat but I decided to "upgrade" to the botnet.

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked am I?

Comments

• I mean it starts with 10 and then goes down to 5 and remains there, until a new update comes along. The previous one made it drop from 8 to 5. So, it's all good.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    yeah 5-6. It's OK especially with the summer update. But it's meh.
  • I'm actually feeling kind of comfy with it but that's probably because win8 was such an abomination. I haven't messed with much but I still feel like I'm being talked to like a kid. I mean I was using 3.1x once upon a time Bill. But nah I'm not really that computer literate but I like how they returned to sanity.

So how do I remove the botnet? Is the botnet good? Will it fight the communists isis terrorists while I sleep? I mean what exactly is it doing? Sending ddos attacks to Russian MySpace?
  • edited January 2016
    Gen_Why wrote: »
    I'm actually feeling kind of comfy with it but that's probably because win8 was such an abomination. I haven't messed with much but I still feel like I'm being talked to like a kid. I mean I was using 3.1x once upon a time Bill. But nah I'm not really that computer literate but I like how they returned to sanity.

So how do I remove the botnet? Is the botnet good? Will it fight the communists isis terrorists while I sleep? I mean what exactly is it doing? Sending ddos attacks to Russian MySpace?

It's sending telemetry to micrococks servers. Sharing your WIFI password without your consent and assorted bullshit. i'd suggest checking this github repo out, it has some tools that will stop windows from fucking your privacy up fam.

https://github.com/WindowsLies/BlockWindows
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Gen_Why wrote: »
    I guess curiosity killed the cat but I decided to "upgrade" to the botnet.

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked am I?

• Windows 10 is so great why not hit the upgrade button?
    wekonnoot wrote: »
    Windows 10 is so great why not hit the upgrade button?

Rofl
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    Shit fucked up my audio drivers so back to windows 7 I went
    I've come across the sound loss thing with customers windows 10 upgrades. When 10 updates/upgrades it doesn't like unassigned drivers, so good old windows 10 ignores them. I can't remember how I got them going because I've done a couple. I think I either went into device manager and scanned for hardware changes or some shit like that or I downloaded the sound drivers again. I dunna remember.
  • I had mouse click issues, if you have the same issue, increase the double click rate to highest.
  • when you failed to upgrade to Windows 10, there may be some reasons.
    see this tips:
    https://www.iseepassword.com/windows-wont-find-updates.html
  • edited August 2017
    Dingpaul wrote: »
    when you failed to upgrade to Windows 10, maybe you need a way to reset password on Windwos 10.
    see this tips: https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-forgotten-windows-10-login-password.html

The upgrade program seems to be very difficult , it is hard to succeed, if failure, the original system will be disrupted , and save phone data on the computer will be deleted , the most terrible , you unable to account your computer with login password , you need to reset password for Windows 10