What sound system are you using?

Who's rocking one of those monster ass sound systems which could cause an earthquake? I bet there's someone here with one...

Personally, I've got a 5.1 Altec Lansing surround system. Speakers up in each corner of my room, sub under the desk.

Comments

• D7D7 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm using this atm
    speakeralteclansingatp3.jpg
    member.php?u=528
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    Shit yea!
    sony-mdr-e10ip-blue-ipod-iphone-earphones.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Oh yah. Im also using Skullcandy Ink'd earphones with my iPod. Amazing sound quality!

sc_inkd.jpg
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    2.1 logitech z2300. i bet it could give your 5.1 system a run for its money. im always being impressed with the sound quality
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Razer_Carcharias_headphone_01%5B1%5D.jpg

My carcharias.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Logitech x-540

logitech-x-540-l23-7250-mai.jpg
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Logitech X-530

LOG-X530.jpg
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Logitech X-530

LOG-X530.jpg

Owned.

I'm +1 on you.

:cool:
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2010
    It used to be a 200 Watt Electrophonic 4 channel AM/FM 8 track player. You could hear that sucker 1/8 of a mile away when it was cranked up. Now its between a 10 watt Marshall practice amp and a pair of dynex headphones.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    reject wrote: »
    Owned.

I'm +1 on you.

:cool:

lol yeah but I don't like the very blocky design of the new version even though it is a little more powerful. I think my next upgrade I'm going to toss the 5.1 system and go back to a 2.1 with those $99 Bose speakers. Those things are fucking win and smash this system with ease.
  • Wires dead babyWires dead baby Acolyte
    edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    I want some studio speakers. Yknow, those big fuckers that sit on your desk. Sound quality is amazing.
  • Tommy LundTommy Lund Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I have a Sony surroundsound system in the living room, a pair of cheap Logitech pc speakers and one of those headphones Dysgraphia has.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    JVC receiver hooked up to 2 Sony 10" speakers in a custom box, and a Kenwood receiver going through a Pioneer equalizer to a 12" SPL Woofer.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    23wvedi.jpg

and

oatbgi.jpg

I've always wanted some of those.
  • Tommy LundTommy Lund Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Ohh, and I have Koss headphones, just like every other human being out there.
  • Wires dead babyWires dead baby Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    I've always wanted some of those.

Its an investment, not only do you have to buy the speakers which are expensive enough, but you have to buy an audio interface w/ 1/4 inch inputs. Unless you have a bunch of money to throw around or you have a home studio there really isn't much point.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Its an investment, not only do you have to buy the speakers which are expensive enough, but you have to buy an audio interface w/ 1/4 inch inputs. Unless you have a bunch of money to throw around or you have a home studio there really isn't much point.

Yea I know, I'm an audiophile. Can't really afford this hobby though. Got more stereo stuff than I can use now. Got 4 full systems in my house. 1 more that's not hooked up to anything. And enough stuff to make 3 or 4 more.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    1/8" audio to component cable going from my sound card to my nig-rigged stereo system in my room. I need a legit 5.1 system. :mad:

My sound system does the job though, got a sub under my bed, and speakers on each wall next to my desk :cool:
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    It used to be a 200 Watt Electrophonic 4 channel AM/FM 8 track player. You could hear that sucker 1/8 of a mile away when it was cranked up. Now its between a 10 watt Marshall practice amp and a pair of dynex headphones.

Good to see im not the only one who has an 8 track. I have a craig 8 track going to a crate 150 watt bass amp.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2010
    muffins wrote: »
    Good to see im not the only one who has an 8 track. I have a craig 8 track going to a crate 150 watt bass amp.

Nice!! I wish I still had my Electrophonic.
    Unfortunately the transformer went in it. Now I have a 50 watt Realistic unit. It doesn't go nearly as loud, or sound as good, but at least it plays my records and my 8 tracks. It has no line in either which is a big minus. One day I'll get a good player again.