Good books for a plane ride?

DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
I'm looking for book that are around 4-5 hours long. I'm halfway done with Catcher and the rye but I need something else. I was thinking of buying a clockwork orange or fight club the book. Whats a good quick meaningful read?

Comments

• brandonbrandon Regular
    edited July 2010
    ur 5 miles above the earth traveling at like 400 mph y do u need a book 2 keep you from being bored?????? :o:o:o:o
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Because I take the aisle seat.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    I heard the Mile High Club is accepting new members. Inquire inside.

Anyways, check out The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon if you haven't read it, which a lot of people have :p

Or else take a look at Soucouyant by David Chariandy. Had to read it for an English class last year, and it was quite enjoyable. Quick summary: Black people in Canada have conflicts
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    On The Road by Jack Kerouac's a good travelling book.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    Books r 4 geeks
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Philips. I wouldn't necessarily call it meaningful, but it is one of the most original books I've ever read, which will probably leave you cracking up in your aisle seat. :cool:
  • Oink The PigOink The Pig Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    have a look

hatchet by gary paulsen

Miracle in the Andes by nando parrado

Fatal Voyage by kety reichs
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2010
    I've always taken a bunch of short stories to read on long journeys. A lot easier to read.
  • corduroycorduroy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I've always taken a bunch of short stories to read on long journeys. A lot easier to read.

Seconded, I would recommend a Lovecraft anthology. I'm reading one right now and it just makes me mad I didn't pick it up sooner in my life.