Passive high?

edited July 2010 in Man Cave
This may sound retarded, but I've always wondered - when walking behind someone smoking the herb, it absolutely stinks to high heaven. This made me wonder, is it actually possible to get high from just walking behind that person?

Comments

• Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    That's a contact high. Why don't you try chillin' in a hotbox and then tell us if it works well.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    I always presumed most if not all of the THC is already absorbed into the lungs by the time you exhale. I didn't think a passive high was possible
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited July 2010
    That's a contact high. Why don't you try chillin' in a hotbox and then tell us if it works well.

this. I doubt walking behind someone smoking is going to get you very high though.. it's about damn quantity
  • edited July 2010
    Is it possible to get high off of someone else's marijuana in an open area?

Sure, under ideal conditions (Maybe you're at a concert and there's lots of smoking going on), but it isn't likely. There usually just won't be enough of the active chemicals in the air to get you high. Researchers have shown that with certain drugs (Cocaine, in this specific example), drug users shown images of others using their drug of choice showed increased brain activity in pleasure centers and had raised endorphin levels and shit.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited July 2010
    Is it possible to get high off of someone else's marijuana in an open area?

Sure, under ideal conditions (Maybe you're at a concert and there's lots of smoking going on), but it isn't likely. There usually just won't be enough of the active chemicals in the air to get you high. Researchers have shown that with certain drugs (Cocaine, in this specific example), drug users shown images of others using their drug of choice showed increased brain activity in pleasure centers and had raised endorphin levels and shit.

That's called a trigger at rehab. :D
  • KowKow Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I always presumed most if not all of the THC is already absorbed into the lungs by the time you exhale. I didn't think a passive high was possible

Quite the opposite, actually. You can get at least two "hits" off one breathful of smoke. That's the concept behind holding your breath for as long as possible. You exhale into an airtight object such as a bag or balloon and inhale again, optionally taking a breather in between.