if you could live in any time period....

Dumpster SlutDumpster Slut Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
when/where would you live?

id want to live in ancient rome ... (minus the gore, barbarians, disease, etc.)

Comments

• RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    In 2010.
  • UnwyredUnwyred Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd actually love to live sometime in the future when we've switched to a renewable energy source, the human genetic code has been completely understood and diseases are a thing of the past. Sometime when interplanetary colonization and faster than light travel is possible, when humanity has finally united and sorted out their differences and has made contact with intelligence elsewhere in the galaxy.

Imagine all the cool ass tech shit that EVERYONE would own. Shit would be bitchin'.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    The 90's all over again... or Ancient Egypt.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2010
    Vizier wrote: »
    The 90's all over again.

This. The 90's was good times.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    I would go ancient greece. That would have just been epic as all hell.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    Firstly I'd want a short several year stint in the late 60's to early 70's, for the psychedelic extravaganza. Other than that, either the distant future to check that shit out or Ancient Scandinavian times.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Before zok became an unholy nigger
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^
    No No I would go back to before Jeff hunter stopped the original Totse and somehow get him to not do it.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    ^
    No No I would go back to before Jeff hunter stopped the original Totse and somehow get him to not do it.

No NO and fuck NO

Zok has and alway be an unholy nigger :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    I know zok is an unholy nigger. Thats way im saying i would go back to original Totse when time was good and stop the end of Totse somehow. And this way Zoklet would have never been a factor in this whole thing.
  • edited July 2010
    I want to live in the 90s again, that was probably one of the best times of my life. Everything was awesome. Music and shit was like, perfect. AHHHHHHHHHH TAKE ME BACK
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    The 90's, I would invest all my money in Google/Apple/Microsoft, Prevent 9-11, warn people about Katrina, and overall just be the fucking man. :cool:
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ancient Egypt, or the Mayan/Aztec period in South America.

Ideally though I wanna go 1,000 years in the future.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ancient Greece, f'real, or Predynastic Egypt.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    When LSD was legal.

Also if you ived out of the US and in an area where you can grow pot, so if you start in the late or early 60s you can get the first coffee shops going, then win the cannabis cup. NOw that you have a good name for yourself become the first to start selling weed seeds around the world. Procced to smoke some weeds.

Oh and keep a huge stash of LSD or just always be around "the family" and always have it plus Ketamine......oh I want some K

THE END!
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited July 2010
    Either 5 years in the future or the early to mid 60's. I have always thought that Victorian English era may be fun if you were rich enough to live a life of rampart drug use at the time heroin was given to infants, but I think the general attitude of that era would be generally unpleasent.
  • edited July 2010
    meta wrote: »
    The 90's, I would invest all my money in Google/Apple/Microsoft, Prevent 9-11, warn people about Katrina, and overall just be the fucking man. :cool:

Everyone would think you're some kind of future seeing genie guy, you'd probably get jailed or something haha
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010

First I'd buy a shitton of science, history, math textbooks.

And bring them with me.

I'd be a fucking God.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Everyone would think you're some kind of future seeing genie guy, you'd probably get jailed or something haha

Please, everyone would be too riled up about O.J. Simpson and Rodney King to be worried about me.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    1936. Except I'd rewrite history and do everything in my power to help the japs and hitler. :3
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Vizier wrote: »
    The 90's all over again... or Ancient Egypt.
    This. The 90's was good times.

I agree. The 90's were still the computer nerds prime time before technology and computers became main stream and a cool "fad" like it is now with crap like Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, and stumbleupon.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    I want to live in the future in a dystopia with spaceships. I've always wanted to be the captain of my own spaceship and be part of a rebellion. I'm sure that it won't be as glamorous as I picture it, but If I get my spaceship, that's good enough for me. Nothing big, just something along the size of the Firefly. Plus I want a cool bulletproof leather jacket.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Unwyred wrote: »
    I'd actually love to live sometime in the future when we've switched to a renewable energy source, the human genetic code has been completely understood and diseases are a thing of the past. Sometime when interplanetary colonization and faster than light travel is possible, when humanity has finally united and sorted out their differences and has made contact with intelligence elsewhere in the galaxy.

Imagine all the cool ass tech shit that EVERYONE would own. Shit would be bitchin'.

This. Or WWII Era.

Always wish I could go back to WWI or WWII and be a pilot. Back when it took real skill to shoot the other bastard down, nothing computer-controlled like these days.

Though, I also imagine some badass dogfighting in space, so the future is good too.
  • vnorbertovnorberto Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    19th century japan
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited July 2010
    In Rome, during the Pax Romana.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited July 2010
    i wood wanna live in the dinisor time so i can c marijuanasorises kids :o:o:o:o:o:o