Notice to all that make Totse operate

PopePope Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Zok told me that totse closed to lack of money from advertisers and legal costs

I think he was bullshitting me

but I like this place, so if there ever is a time where this place is having trouble, let us know, and I would be glad to try to help out, as I am sure at least someone else would too

Comments

• rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    This thread could have been PM'd.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2010
    I think &T closed because of that and something to do with Jeff Hunter having a cunt up is ass. Kinda like wires without the banning. I dunno for sure, I'm going on hearsay.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    He just had enough of it. The new generation killed what totse was. It wasn't anything close to the same site he started. I see why he closed Totse down.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm calling BS. The temple closed due to Jeff not wanting to kepp up with its upkeep. He didn't have time. He made money from that site.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    It didn't close because of lack of funding. Legal costs is another matter and yes Jeff did have to hire attorny's to fight off some groups and organizations which has been public knowledge. I'm sure he had a day job since he ran, and owned the server. It's actually pretty cheap to get a damn good server rented monthly (around $100 or so). You don't need anything fancy unless you are running a massive site.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    All in all, fuck Zok and fuck his afro.
  • Dumpster SlutDumpster Slut Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Daily wrote: »

+1
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010

And after fucking his afro, poopoo on his stupid face.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm calling BS. The temple closed due to Jeff not wanting to kepp up with its upkeep. He didn't have time. He made money from that site.

He made fuck all from advertising.

Totse closed because the new generation, most of the people here, destroyed what totse was.

I was lucky, I joined at the end of the OG, I had a year or 2 on Totse, before it was over ran by the new generation noobs.

Most people here claim to be bringing back the totse spirit, fuck, you don't even know what the totse spirit is. You know what the NG totse is, the totse you all helped destroy. Why the fuck would you want to remake that.

The people here who claim to be from 03/04/05, they blatantly weren't. Maybe one or 2 sure, but nearly everyone here are the NG, and the reason Jeff shut totse down in the first place.

If he saw this site he'd facepalm hard.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^^shut up.
  • parachristian teenagerparachristian teenager Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    To be fair, the Feb '06 tsunoobie did produce a few notable posters. TheOphidianDildo, for instance.

Speaking of schizophrenics, where is kathaksung?
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^^shut up.

This fag is a prime example of everything totse wasn't but will claim it is.
    edited July 2010
    reject wrote: »
    This fag is a prime example of everything totse wasn't but will claim it is.

Bitch and Moan
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not bitching or moaning, I'm stating the obvious.

There is no stating the obvious forum.

Sorry if I bring home truths of you all beings fags and the reason totse died, but it's true.
    edited July 2010
    I'm not bitching or moaning, I'm stating the obvious.

There is no stating the obvious forum.

Sorry if I bring home truths of you all beings fags and the reason totse died, but it's true.
    &T | reject
    Total Posts: 18,888

Totse. Serious business.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    He made fuck all from advertising.

Totse closed because the new generation, most of the people here, destroyed what totse was.

I was lucky, I joined at the end of the OG, I had a year or 2 on Totse, before it was over ran by the new generation noobs.

Most people here claim to be bringing back the totse spirit, fuck, you don't even know what the totse spirit is. You know what the NG totse is, the totse you all helped destroy. Why the fuck would you want to remake that.

The people here who claim to be from 03/04/05, they blatantly weren't. Maybe one or 2 sure, but nearly everyone here are the NG, and the reason Jeff shut totse down in the first place.

If he saw this site he'd facepalm hard.

I know what you're saying. The truth hurts. I've been going to the website since about the year 2000 or before because I faintly remember the new millennium scare. I registered around 2001-2002 mostly as spam accounts (well they turned into that) to join in on the page floods. My serious account started in 2003 as this name but I only posted in the Winter every year for some reason mostly because I couldn't stand the damn place any longer than a month and winter was my break period with nothing to do.

Some good things did come about in 2007 but IMO anyone from 2008 to the end didn't know what Totse was unless they actually lurked for awhile. You had to spend at least 2 years on the site+forums IMO to get the general understanding of the place and its greatness.

270236584c4e1c1add0b4.jpg
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    I lurked in 2005 and joined in 2006 (under a different name).

wat do i win
    edited July 2010
    I lurked in 2005 and joined in 2006 (under a different name).

wat do i win

1234016653_1265894418.jpg
    edited July 2010
    For the record, I was lurking totse since like, 2002? somewhere around then. I was young enough to think text files were awesome...
  • PopePope Regular
    edited July 2010
    I used a phone jack and my commodore 64 to log on to totse for the first time just after jeff set it up

what do i win?
    edited July 2010
    Pope wrote: »
    I used a phone jack and my commodore 64 to log on to totse for the first time just after jeff set it up

what do i win?

restecp
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I know what you're saying. The truth hurts. I've been going to the website since about the year 2000 or before because I faintly remember the new millennium scare. I registered around 2001-2002 mostly as spam accounts (well they turned into that) to join in on the page floods. My serious account started in 2003 as this name but I only posted in the Winter every year for some reason mostly because I couldn't stand the damn place any longer than a month and winter was my break period with nothing to do.

Some good things did come about in 2007 but IMO anyone from 2008 to the end didn't know what Totse was unless they actually lurked for awhile. You had to spend at least 2 years on the site+forums IMO to get the general understanding of the place and its greatness.

270236584c4e1c1add0b4.jpg

From 2006 totse went downhill. I don't know if I'd prefer to never have known what Totse was, rather than see what has become of it.

That image is so true. It's a shame people no longer stick to it.
    edited July 2010
    From 2006 totse went downhill. I don't know if I'd prefer to never have known what Totse was, rather than see what has become of it.

It's depressing and falls into about the exact same year from my observation I thought it was going downhill. I mean, it was still fun to visit there, every once in a while though. I usually stopped by to see what was happening or if anything caught my attention. The only thing I liked was the massiveness of the userbase where at any time of the day you can get on and get involved in deep conversations. That's how I spent many of my nights wasting away in debates/arguements and even flame wars which were logical flame wars and not just this "Fuck you bitch" replies. People actually wanted to destroy a persons intellect and call them a bitch.

It's a shame because that picture highlights what it once was :-\. Oh and Jeff stopped because he was done after 20 years not becasue of something mysterious people. I'm sure the fact it was causing him more stress and day to day attention to maintain the site was also a big toll on him mentally. It's hard running a site that people actually expect every time they hit GO on the browser and try to give a fuck after years about keeping it up when you just want to relax and go outside and have some fun.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010

Stop pretending you're such a vet. Every few months there would be a thread on how "totse used to be so much better" and how the "noobs were killing it" even from when I was lurking (03).

:facepalm:
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    It's depressing and falls into about the exact same year from my observation I thought it was going downhill. I mean, it was still fun to visit there, every once in a while though. I usually stopped by to see what was happening or if anything caught my attention. The only thing I liked was the massiveness of the userbase where at any time of the day you can get on and get involved in deep conversations. That's how I spent many of my nights wasting away in debates/arguements and even flame wars which were logical flame wars and not just this "Fuck you bitch" replies. People actually wanted to destroy a persons intellect and call them a bitch.

It's a shame because that picture highlights what it once was :-\.

It's still kinda fun to visit here and Zoklet, if it wasn't I wouldn't, it's just depressing to see all the little tweenies here claiming to rep the totse way when really they only knew totse when it was in it's death throes, when it was warped from what it really was.

And yea, I miss the classic flame wars, where it was based on intelligence not "lololololol ur a dumass lolol". When people would actually accept the other person is right rather than carrying on arguing just cos they're a dickhead.

In a way Zoklet is better than this place, just because it doesn't have all the noobs claiming to be bringing Totse back just because it looks like it. The ideals and userbase of this site are so opposite to what Totse was.

If this place is as great as everyone claims, why do most who post here still post on Zoklet?