How the FUCK do I get JWH resin/residue out of my pipe?

HippieTrippieHippieTrippie Regular
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
So about 3 or 4 weeks ago I bought a one gram bag of some off-brand spice and a 3 gram bag of K2 Standard. I smoked all of it out of my glass bubbler.

After about a gram of the K2, this sticky orange residue was collecting around the bottom of the water chamber. It was spread out and covered whole sections of glass (i.e. not like clumps of ash/weed) and when I smoke anything out of it now and since then some of the residue will come up with the smoke and stick to my lips, and its nasty as hell.

The thing is, I've cleaned this pipe 2 times with 91% alcohol and salt. Ran water through it countless times and such, and its still fucking there.

How do I make it go away?

Comments

• KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited July 2010
  • HippieTrippieHippieTrippie Regular
    edited July 2010
    KundaLini wrote: »
    Boil?

I did.
  • edited July 2010
    Perhaps you need a new piece.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Since alcohol didn't work and neither did boiling it. Perhaps you should get some metal wire and do work.
    edited July 2010
    Thats quite hard to do, its along the inside of the bottom of this bubbler, so theres not exactly a good way to get a wire in there to scrape it.
  • BlackOpsNinjaBlackOpsNinja Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I'd toss it. Get a new piece, quit buyin that jwh crap.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited July 2010
    Let this be a lesson to you. Think of what it's doing to your lungs when you inhale the smoke. I guess it serves your right though, you did smoke JWH after all.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Boil the Alc before you put it in, the heat will extract it and Alc will dissolve it.

Its like magic.
  • theinvadertheinvader Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    lol
    boiling
    alcohol

boom
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    theinvader wrote: »
    lol
    boiling
    alcohol

boom

What chu tallkin bout?
  • KowKow Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    FrY wrote: »
    What chu tallkin bout?

He thinks that alcohol is incredibly volatile :rolleyes:
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Thermodynwaaaa?
  • edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    Since alcohol didn't work and neither did boiling it. Perhaps you should get some metal wire and do work.

Perhaps combining the two to an extent? Maybe heating it while in a solvent might get that shit off. Try acetone perhaps.

On the Solubility of JWH compounds

He mentions the yellow contaminant residue.
    bluelight wrote:
    Cleaning JWH-018/073:

Commercial JWH compounds with the napthoyl moiety often come contaminated with an unidentified yellowish contaminant.
    I am not sure what this contaminant is, but based on the odor, and knowing that adding the napthoyl moiety is the last step in the preparation of JWH-### compounds, it stands to reason that it is some naphthalene derivative - it can't be a good thing to get into our body.

I asked about this in an earlier thread ( http://bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=477478 ) most were pessimistic on the possibility of removing the yellow crud with accessible techniques. Today i stumbled upon a procedure for cleaning up JWH-073 (should work for JWH-01, after observing that the 5mg of JWH-073 that i attempted to dissolve in 2.5ml of ethanol was clean white, when before it was a sickly yellow.
  • edited July 2010
    Did OP toss the piece or what? I wanna know cause I don't want that shit in my pipe.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited July 2010
    This thread begs the question: is smoking these herbal blend things worse on our lungs than smoking weed?

I would bet on it.
    edited July 2010
    Did OP toss the piece or what? I wanna know cause I don't want that shit in my pipe.

Fuck no, I'm not tossing a perfectly good piece. I'll try boiling it and cleaning it again. I might just smoke it out.
  • stormyweathersstormyweathers Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    piranha solution oughta do the trick
  • edited July 2010
    piranha solution oughta do the trick

LOLLOLOLOLL This.
  • fractalsfractals Regular
    edited August 2010
    Perhaps combining the two to an extent? Maybe heating it while in a solvent might get that shit off. Try acetone perhaps.

No, please don't boil acetone, or even try to heat it without good ventilation. Acetone vapors can ignite with a heat source (like a spark from household electronics) at temperatures as low as -17dC. Alcohol should be okay, if you have a fan or something going. It would probably be okay without a fan, but it never hurts to be safe.

I'd recommend room temperature acetone or a NaOH solution.
  • edited August 2010
    fractals wrote: »
    No, please don't boil acetone, or even try to heat it without good ventilation. Acetone vapors can ignite with a heat source (like a spark from household electronics) at temperatures as low as -17dC. Alcohol should be okay, if you have a fan or something going. It would probably be okay without a fan, but it never hurts to be safe.

I'd recommend room temperature acetone or a NaOH solution.

Thank you for the information and I am glad I did not directly suggest combining heat with the latter.

There was a guide on grasscity that I remember saying took 3 ml or so of acetone and mixed it with vinegar in a solution of water to clean a pipe out. I'll see if I can find it.