Senior year.

NamasteNamaste Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So yeah, today me and some girls got together to make senior t-shirts to wear to school on Fridays this year. It was interesting. They're coming a long, but they're not totally finished yet. But they look nice so far. :D

But yeah, I'm super psyched about being a senior this year. It should be interesting. Hopefully, I'll actually be going to school the whole year instead of on homebound.

So I thought I'd ask y'all to tell me about your senior years.
Assuming you've had one.
So... how awesome was your senior year?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    My senior year was pretty great. School was pretty chill, skipped whenever I wanted, and almost no homework to worry about. As the year went on and certain courses finished early, I got more and more spare blocks plus with a car, I got more and more time to have fun. Nobody gave a shit anymore, especially after the majority of us got accepted into university. Eventually I graduated as one of the top of the class, and I think out of all tops, I put in the least effort to get there.

But if I could to do it again, I wouldn't. High school is stupid.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Are you that annoying fat chick at school that everybody secretly and/or openly hates?

Also I think you're a troll. Take a photo of you holding a sign saying something relating to us and I'll disregard it.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mine was pretty good, like ^^ said, having spares and being able to drive was the shit. Nearly got me laid a few times (that was more impressive to say back in high school).

The highlight was for sure the very last day of classes. The principals for some reason decided to suspend about 80% of my grade because we had 5+ detentions each (everybody just stopped caring and got detentions left and right without going to them) and that since there were less than five days left in the year, we were getting suspended. So we got almost our entire grade, along with a pile of kids from other grades, to just peace from the school and we all went and had a massive party on the beach all day.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    Are you that annoying fat chick at school that everybody secretly and/or openly hates?

Also I think you're a troll. Take a photo of you holding a sign saying something relating to us and I'll disregard it.

No, because honestly, no one really ever knows I'm there. I've sat in class with people for a whole year, even like right near them, and then at the end of the year I'll say something to them and they'll be like "who the eff are you?". So yeah. I'm basically just invisible. Which is fine by me.

And a troll how? And I can later, I suppose but like... why?:confused:
    edited July 2010
    Anyway my senior year sucked/was non existant. I got expelled at the start and so they just used my grades from the previous year. Never went to graduation and spent the entire time on totse.

Oh, so maybe it wasn't that bad. :cool:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    I read the thread title and not the username. When I saw who the OP was, I realized I had wasted my time clicking.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going into my junior year and am kinda stoked. Senior year will be so chill for me because I won't have any real classes.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going into my junior year and am kinda stoked. Senior year will be so chill for me because I won't have any real classes.

Yeah, I'm excited because I'm basically just taking classes I want to take.
    edited July 2010
    haha for me it will be

pe
    art
    art
    art
    weightlifting
    english 4
    basic math
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    haha for me it will be

pe
    art
    art
    art
    weightlifting
    english 4
    basic math

I'm taking like Bio 2 and dual enroll english, and some business classes my friends said were fun. and like home ec and nutrition. things like that. most of my classes are just semester classes though, so that's why I seem to have so many. And then my last period of the day for the whole year will be yearbook, which is tons of fun, because we mostly just do whatever the hell we want. So this year should be pretty sweet for me.
    edited July 2010
    The General - what?! You're going into your junior year? You looked like an adult in your videos.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, you are still in high school? Now you have GOT] to take some jailbait nudes and post them. Humor us :D. Do one great thing before you become a full fledged woman!
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Oh man, you are still in high school? Now you have GOT] to take some jailbait nudes and post them. Humor us :D. Do one great thing before you become a full fledged woman!

I might. XD Idk. I'll have to think about it... or get really fucked up. lol.
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    The General - what?! You're going into your junior year? You looked like an adult in your videos.

didn't shave+Bad ass attitude=me haha
    LSA King wrote: »

W@nN@ sCr@p F0olz??!?!@##@?!?
    edited July 2010
    haha for me it will be

pe
    art
    art
    art
    weightlifting
    english 4
    basic math

Are you planning on going to college? Looking at your schedule it seems like you aren't. Or are you planning on going to art school?
    edited July 2010
    My senior schedule was like this:

AP English
    AP Calc
    Government (Honors and counted for college credit)
    AP Physics
    Debate (Honors)
    Spanish 4 (Honors)
    and some bullshit religion classes. Fuck you, catholic school. The great thing was I had 18 credits going into college. I was already done with more than a semester. Apparently my high school offers more college credit opportunities now. Oh well. I had a lot of basic requirements done when I started college. Made it easier to do 12 credit semesters here and there. My senior year of college was two semesters of 12 credits each. That was awesome.
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Are you planning on going to college? Looking at your schedule it seems like you aren't. Or are you planning on going to art school?

no I am I'm just taking all my senior courses online next year during the summer so I don't have to do anything during my senior year haha.
  • edited July 2010
    Namaste wrote: »
    So yeah, today me and some girls got together to make senior t-shirts to wear to school on Fridays this year. It was interesting. They're coming a long, but they're not totally finished yet. But they look nice so far. :D

But yeah, I'm super psyched about being a senior this year. It should be interesting. Hopefully, I'll actually be going to school the whole year instead of on homebound.

So I thought I'd ask y'all to tell me about your senior years.
    Assuming you've had one.
    So... how awesome was your senior year?

Mine sucked. My friends kept always hitting me up for pot, I was (and still am) poor, and near the end bomb threats were called on a regular basis. I basically didn't give a fuck. I skipped lunch, some classes, and smoked pot in the woods. Public education and I never have had a good relationship.I wish I could have found some drugs, but let me assure you the population was composed primarily of idiots.
    edited July 2010

and some bullshit religion classes. Fuck you, catholic school.

Awesome, I went to a catholic school that was afraid of gurlz. Religion class was always bs. In grade 12, it was an introductory philosophy course, but all we really did was watch The Matrix and discuss it. Needless to say nobody cared to discuss anything :D
  • edited July 2010
    senior year was the worst year of my life. i had worked on a farm the summer before going into my senior year, and i developed an obsession about food which led to an eating disorder and a mental break from reality. I lost a lot of weight and isolated myself from all of my friends. After that, I fell into a really bad rut of depression and self-loathing and suicidal ideation. Then it was over. I'm going to college in 2 weeks. Shit's 100000 times better now than it was then.

For most other kids, though, senior year is a blast. So I hope you'll have fun, and not go crazy.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    senior year was the worst year of my life. i had worked on a farm the summer before going into my senior year, and i developed an obsession about food which led to an eating disorder and a mental break from reality. I lost a lot of weight and isolated myself from all of my friends. After that, I fell into a really bad rut of depression and self-loathing and suicidal ideation. Then it was over. I'm going to college in 2 weeks. Shit's 100000 times better now than it was then.

For most other kids, though, senior year is a blast. So I hope you'll have fun, and not go crazy.

Aw, I'm sorry.

Yeah, I sort of went insane freshman year and have spent the past two years trying to get to a better place, so I'm hoping that I can make it though senior year without freaking out, but I honestly am not even sure if I can do it or not. >.< I suppose we'll see.
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Awesome, I went to a catholic school that was afraid of gurlz. Religion class was always bs. In grade 12, it was an introductory philosophy course, but all we really did was watch The Matrix and discuss it. Needless to say nobody cared to discuss anything :D

My religion classes were so much worse. We had to do something like 30 or 50 volunteer hours for one of them, and then I had to take Apologetics. Fucking ridiculous. The guy was a nutcase. He basically made us use quantum mechanics, cosmology, evolutionary biology, paleontology and a whole bunch of other shit to "prove" catholicism. It was psychotic. We had to read this book called The Evidential Power of Beauty. Wanna guess what it was about? I'll tell you: Since we can see things and appreciate them as beautiful, they were intelligently designed and so were we and thus God exists. Every day was :facepalm: and the class was hard. I didn't want to learn about string theory or how evolution proves God exists in a religion class. We also had to learn about higher criticism of the Bible and why evangelicals, muslims, buddhists, and everyone else are wrong. We had to memorize shit about the Yahwistic, Elohistic, Deuteronomic and some other "periods" in the history of the Bible's authorship. Insane I say. And all of it completely useless.
    edited July 2010
    My religion classes were so much worse. We had to do something like 30 or 50 volunteer hours for one of them, and then I had to take Apologetics. Fucking ridiculous. The guy was a nutcase. He basically made us use quantum mechanics, cosmology, evolutionary biology, paleontology and a whole bunch of other shit to "prove" catholicism. It was psychotic. We had to read this book called The Evidential Power of Beauty. Wanna guess what it was about? I'll tell you: Since we can see things and appreciate them as beautiful, they were intelligently designed and so were we and thus God exists. Every day was :facepalm: and the class was hard. I didn't want to learn about string theory or how evolution proves God exists in a religion class. We also had to learn about higher criticism of the Bible and why evangelicals, muslims, buddhists, and everyone else are wrong. We had to memorize shit about the Yahwistic, Elohistic, Deuteronomic and some other "periods" in the history of the Bible's authorship. Insane I say. And all of it completely useless.

Wow, sounds horrible. Religion really is a waste of time. I used to believe in the Catholic stuff, but religion class made me turn towards agnosticism. Can you say irony? :p

We had to do service hours as well. 8 hours per term (3 terms) in 8 and 9. Then 30 hours per year in 10 and 11. Then in 12, they were just "Screw it, if you tell us that you did something, we'll accept it. No minimum hours, no documentation required. Honour system."

Sorta makes me glad a lot of our teachers were incompetent :p
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Wow, sounds horrible. Religion really is a waste of time. I used to believe in the Catholic stuff, but religion class made me turn towards agnosticism. Can you say irony? :p

We had to do service hours as well. 8 hours per term (3 terms) in 8 and 9. Then 30 hours per year in 10 and 11. Then in 12, they were just "Screw it, if you tell us that you did something, we'll accept it for. No minimum hours, no documentation required. Honour system."

Sorta makes me glad a lot of our teachers were incompetent :p

Looking back, I had a lot of good teachers and a few pretty shitty ones in high school.

Religion class made me agnostic too. I got so sick of only hearing one point of view. I used to read MGCBTSOOYG a lot in high school, and I have to say it really helped me be ok with agnosticism. Anymore I just tell people I'm not religious. If I say I'm an atheist/agnostic most people will get pissy. Saying I'm not religious seems more vague and somehow less threatening.

Service hours sucked. I had to work at this homeless shelter thing and do manual labor. They made us construct shelves. It was like wtf man? Oh, and then at this other place we had to fucking paint a room. I kept thinking why don't they just hire mexicans to do this and then pay them? Oh right, cause they have a high school slave labor pool to tap into.
  • edited July 2010
    Senior year of high school was definately the best year of high school, and it was a fucking joke. I had 1 class of actual work (English), a bunch of electives that were jokes (woodshop, "psychology" which was watching movies), and 2 study halls that I never went to. All kinds of fun shit going on back then too. Girls, drugs, parties, the thrill of finally being done with that shit hole nigger school and the town too.

Freshman year of college was funner but I got in way more trouble with the cops.
    edited July 2010
    Apparently I'm the only person who had a serious education that year. No one else?
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited July 2010
    my senior year schedule went like this.

weightlifting level 5
    weightlifting level 6
    weightlifting level 7
    sat at desk in library
    lunch
    spanish 4...lol
    english 4
    some other shit i forgot
  • woodwood Regular
    edited July 2010
    How the fuck is weightlifting a subject?

Anyways I took drama, music (dropped out of music), IT, calculus, and legal studies.

It was still a fucking joke, spent half the year sleep deprived from banging chicks the night before.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    My senior year was pretty legit. I fucked around in almost every class, didn't care about shit, skipped whenever, and smoked some weed :)

Basically my senior year and the whole school system was a complete joke to me, felt pretty good. I was really glad to be out of the system when it was over though. College is so much better. :cool: