thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
That's what it says on the side of my chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

What the fuck am I eating???

And why can't I stop? :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    I want some dammit. That sounds really good.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sometimes the chocolate I eat tastes like poo. I'm guessing they just want to stress the fact that those chocolate chips do indeed taste like chocolate.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sounds gross. Real chocolate ftw.
  • thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Sounds gross. Real chocolate ftw.

It tasted exactly like dark chocolate, which is awesome. But I looked at the ingredients and its not chocolate at all. I won't be buying this brand again!!
    edited July 2010
    If it doesn't have cacao and pretends to be chocolate, I won't eat it. I buy expensive imported chocolate. Good German, Swiss, French and Belgian chocolates. Sharfenberger and xoxo are some of the decent American chocolates.
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    If it doesn't have cacao and pretends to be chocolate, I won't eat it. I buy expensive imported chocolate. Good German, Swiss, French and Belgian chocolates. Sharfenberger and xoxo are some of the decent American chocolates.

Never heard of either of those :confused:

I just know I like chocolate and white chocolate (I know, not real chocolate)
    edited July 2010
    Scharffen Berger is good American chocolate. Their dark variety is nice. My favorite bar from xoxo uses imported Belgian chocolate with Michigan cherries and California almonds. One time I gave a bar of that kind of xoxo to a girl I was sleeping with for Valentine's day, but didn't tell her where I bought it :) She really wanted to know.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Chocolate is much better with peanut butter and or pretzels and any other candy. And yeah fake chocolate? I didnt even know that was a possibility in ice cream. Shit throw that stuff away.
    edited July 2010
    I like eating chocolate on its own. If I'm paying $10-20/lb or so, I want to enjoy it.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok but thats different. i dont spend my money on chocolate so I dont have like nice chocolate and cheap chocolate really isnt worth it unless its mixed with something.
    edited July 2010
    Mmmmmm reeses cups
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    That is the exact candy I was referring to. It is the best fucking taste combobulation in the world.
    edited July 2010
    Those are good, even though the chocolate is like wax :) I sound so snobby. I need to rethink my life.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    No not snobby just very passionate about some things like chocolate for instance.
    edited July 2010
    The problem is I'm passionate about technology, different types of metal, knife sharpening techniques, wine/rum/whiskey/beer, games, literature, language, grammar, and tons of other things. I spend so many hours reading up on technical specs on tons of shit. It's really sad and makes it hard to connect with people. This has nothing to do with chocolate though. I do like fine chocolates.
    edited July 2010
    I don't mind a snob :P I envy them actually for knowing so much

As long as they're not obnoxious and they know that my house=you better find SOMETHING you like to eat or I will pester you forever
    edited July 2010
    If you cooked for me I wouldn't complain about the lack of spices or skill in the preparation of the dish. I like to use a lot of imported spices like lemongrass, herbs de provence, Spanish sea salt, Jamaican peppercorns, Indian cayenne, etc. I don't know why I turned into such a detail-oriented person. I wasn't this way even a few years ago. Most of the time I don't let people know that I know all these things. Sometimes they find out how I'm smart and then say shit like "stop living in your head" or "quit telling me about shit I don't care about." Total lack of manners.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    There is nothing wrong with knowing a ton of shit. If they have a problem with it, it means that they are all fucks. For real man.
    edited July 2010
    I know, but it's incredibly annoying to find out that even people in grad school who are supposedly intelligent are the same stupid motherfuckers I dealt with in high school. It kind of ruins one's perception on things. Being detail oriented and caring about things like chocolate enough to learn about them seems to separate me from most people I meet.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    It may separate you but its not bad. So dont fret it mang.