"Purple Stuff" superliminal pro-relaxation drink

edited August 2011 in Life
purple-stuff.jpg

So what the fuck am I drinking here? I bought this because I always heard about it but never seen it around here until now. Ingredients include Valerian Root which is the shit in catnip that's a legal high.

I'm almost willing to bet this shit sucks.

Comments

• MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Purple "drank" or purple "stuff" is supposed to be promethazine and codeine mixed with 7-up. I dont know what the fuck that is, but I can guarantee it sucks.
  • edited July 2010
    Purple "drank" or purple "stuff" is supposed to be promethazine and codeine mixed with 7-up. I dont know what the fuck that is, but I can guarantee it sucks.

Yeah, this has nothing on the real shit. I liked my ghetto drink of vodka, Four Lokos, and liquid hydrocodone better than prometh/codeine though. That was my "Pink KO Drank".
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, this has nothing on the real shit. I liked my ghetto drink of vodka, Four Lokos, and liquid hydrocodone better than prometh/codeine though. That was my "Pink KO Drank".

Ive never had the prometh/codeine drink, but liquid hydrocodone, a few beers and a bowl go a long way.
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    There's simliar stuff here called "Drank" or something. They put shit in there that's supposed to make you sleepy.
    I like to drink 3 or 4 and then try to drive.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    They're full of high fructose corn syrup, which would negate any valerian root effects because it's probably in there in trace amounts. Placebo for the win.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited July 2010
    why is there a hat on the S
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    why is there a hat on the S

This. Also why does it say "Lean with it" on the can?
    edited July 2010
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited July 2010
    meta wrote: »
    This. Also why does it say "Lean with it" on the can?

cuz this shit fuks u up
    edited July 2010
    Because you're supposed to swang (drive slowly while swerving from left to right) when you're high on dat sizzurp.
    edited July 2010
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2010
    Has anyone tried Valerian root legit? Erowid says it fucks you up.
    edited July 2010
    It makes you fall asleep.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »

"E-E-E-E-E-E-E-Evil Empire!.......N-N-N-New York's down south supplier" :cool:
  • edited July 2010
    Erorr wrote: »

This is the only Evil Empire I care about

Fixed. Also I'm never wasting $3.29 on a can of this shit again. It didn't do a goddamn thing, not even the faintest buzz of any sort.
    edited July 2010
    If you want to get buzzed drink some energy drink stuff like Lost energy. That shit is insane if you aren't used to caffeine and tons of sugar.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited July 2010
    If you want to get buzzed drink some beer/liquor.

Quoted for accuracy. Shit I wish I had some beer/liquor. Can't find my g-d debit card though. Almost out of cigs too. Been a shitty couple of days. :facepalm:
    edited July 2010
    Well yeah, beer/liquor are better. But this purple drank shit is basically like an energy drink rather than an alcoholic beverage.
    edited July 2010
    Well yeah, beer/liquor are better. But this purple drank shit is basically like an energy drink rather than an alcoholic beverage.

I will never understand this energy drink fad...
    edited July 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    I will never understand this energy drink fad...

I got a free can of Lost energy drink probably over 6 months ago. It's still in my fridge. I really don't like them because they make me feel jittery and anxious. It's too much caffeine/sugar/stimulant shit. On campus you'll see TONS of people drinking red bull, Lost, monster, rock star, etc. It's really sad. People should lern2sleep.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuck sugar, Rolf consumes very little sugar in the diet of Rolf, but mixes large doses of guarana powder with almost everything, Rolf has not noticed any difference, as Rolf is already an insomniac who struggles to get four hours of sleep per night.
    edited July 2010
    Stop taking guarana powder if you want to sleep?
    edited August 2010
    I got a free can of Lost energy drink probably over 6 months ago. It's still in my fridge. I really don't like them because they make me feel jittery and anxious. It's too much caffeine/sugar/stimulant shit. On campus you'll see TONS of people drinking red bull, Lost, monster, rock star, etc. It's really sad. People should lern2sleep.

I went to Ozzfest in 06 while on leave, and they were handing out free monster energy drinks. But it was 105 out, probably another 10-15 degrees in the crowds/pits. So I was thirsty as shit, and I had to pay 6 dollars for water or lemonaid. No way in hell I was drinking that monster crap. Being dehydrated and sugary nasty energy drink sounded like a bad combo, free or not.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    I've tried the Purple Stuff with the all-purple can. It's gross. It had a weird diet-soda-ish aftertaste, despite being filled with real sugar. It sort of tasted like Sierra Mist. Was $1.79.

Synopsis: Tastes gross. Overpriced. Doesn't do as advertised.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Valerian root legit? Erowid says it fucks you up.

I used to purchase "fresh" Valerian root in Vegas and make tea from it. It is very relaxing and makes you drowsy. The compounds in it are the inspiration for the synthetic replicate the pill pushers call Valium.
  • edited August 2011
    There seem to be a lot of "relaxation" drinks around these days, I have read the labels on a bunch and the active ingredients are usually L-theanine and GABA, both are neurotransmitters, and both are related to amino acids in structure. Most also contained sugar, which seems silly, and one contained caffeine. I don't think that anyone who actively uses any drugs would feel much of an effect. Valerian is good stuff, when I had to get off the weed for a drug test it really helped, kind of like methadone for potheads, it doesn't get you high, but it gets you by. I don't think you would find it in a drink because when dried it smells like dog poo and strong cheese, cats love it. I think buying some GABA, some Kava, L-theanine, and Valerian from a health food store, then concocting your own liquid downer would be a better way to go.

C/O
    "better living through.... whatever"