Trouble Living Sober

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
I've been living sober for a few months now. 4 and 2 weeks actually. I'm fed up with it though. I still drink from time to time but very rarely because it just makes me angry about how it isn't enough. When I last did drugs it was really bad, thus I quit. I was shooting up and having a blast but fucking up my life. I need something again. There has got to be something that I can do that will be cheap and easy to come by and not fuck up my life. Don't tell me to start smoking pot because thats not enough. I'm talking about getting a good high on my off days that I can enjoy (i don't enjoy DXM anymore). I also want to be able to stay awake and remember shit so benzos are out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm going crazy.

Comments

• Name's TakenName's Taken Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Post more pics of your sister. That should occupy you for a while.

What bout some mild opes like codeine?
  • SolverTSolverT Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Are you trying to get high or just "maintain"
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2010
    Get high every once in a while without too high a risk of addiction. Opes were my problem before, they're my favorite. I'm not sure where I'd get codeine around here but I'll look into that.

What is Kratom?
  • SolverTSolverT Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Krantom is also a natural ope it's legal too so it's easy to get, pretty good shit also
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    Kratom feels similar to opiates without the risk of physical addiction. It's pretty cheap and you can order it online.
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tai Chi, Yoga, Muay Thai, MMA, boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, and regular working out.

Lost those escapist habits my friend.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    Meth. its more than "enough" and its not physically addictive like opiates
    edited July 2010
    Tai Chi, Yoga, Muay Thai, MMA, boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, and regular working out.

Lost those escapist habits my friend.

No.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah dude keep useing drugs maaaan.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    I dont consider smokeing weed not being sober.
    edited July 2010
    No.

Just try it. You have an open invitation to stop fucking up your body.

Colleges have plenty of free clubs and shit like that. YMCA too. Most such classes give free first time classes. So schedule a bunch of first time classes in a few places. Sounds like a nice week to me.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    nutmeg. ritual magick. trampolines. LSA. combine, enjoy.
  • trippytrippy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    why don't you try not doing drugs anymore, you dont really go from shooting up back to being satisfied with any other drug, or chipping. For me Id quit shooting up and any time I did anything else I would find myself so unsatisfied over time I'd end up back where I started. I went to rehab and now i do NA and AA and shit. I don't think everyone needs it by any means, but it sounds like your done man we trade are ability to use drugs successfully when we start usin a needle, you had your fun now you get to pay for it, you knew what you were getting into when you started shootin.
    edited July 2010
    why don't you try not doing drugs anymore

heresy
  • trippytrippy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    ^^^once upon a time that was my belief but heroin and meth are the two drugs that take you to a place where drugs really arent fun anymore. like I said I dont think drugs are evil or everyone should stop doing drugs but Ive never met anyone to this day who is able to manage an IV habit for an extended period of time. shit gets real desperate real fast
  • Spence_tronSpence_tron Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Botanicals are always an option, I've tried most all common ones available online. Some worthwhile, some not.

Kratom is probably one of the most recreational botanicals available. It has a stimulating opiate like high and is affordable if you buy plain bali leaf (most extracts are overpriced and impotent).

Kava is alright but a tad mild. Benzo/alcoholish sedation, mild euphoria/relaxation, cheap and practical if you buy quality root (I like kona kava farm).

Lotus extracts, fresh sinichuichi, wild dagga flowers, pharma kanna, betel, wormwood extracts, yerba mate, and ephedra all have purposes/uses in my eyes too.

And if you want to explore psychedelic botanicals, there's always morning glory/HBWR seeds, harmala/DMT containing plants, and salvia. But it sounds like you aren't interested in those kinds of things, although they can really put your shit into perspective.

Adaptogens/nootropics are also a positive lifestyle option IMO. Adaptogens like maca, jiagulan, rhodiola, and maral root definitely invigorate you and bring a positive outlook. nootropics like piracetam (and other racetams) combined with choline sources not only improve cognitive function, but they provide wealth of personality benefits. Racetams have a very complex effect on your body and mind, hard to describe, but I highly suggest them. Although they are not recreational, they certainly improve all intoxicated and sober experiences IMO.
  • sAINTsAINT Regular
    edited July 2010
    OP Look into Poppy Pods..they ARE powerful, jumbo sized ones atleast.
  • Spence_tronSpence_tron Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    sAINT wrote: »
    OP Look into Poppy Pods..they ARE powerful, jumbo sized ones atleast.

lol, I thought the point of this was for the OP to keep his life in line while indulging in some (less self-corrupting) drugs.

not saying pod tea/putty is hard shit or anything, but it sounds like opes would a slippery slope for the OP
  • Joe CamelJoe Camel Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    What's gonna happen is you're gonna "get high once in awhile" then start "getting high once in awhile" every day. And then boom, there you are back where you started. Do you really want that?

What you really need to do is figure out WHY you want to get high.
    edited August 2010
    lol, I thought the point of this was for the OP to keep his life in line while indulging in some (less self-corrupting) drugs.

not saying pod tea/putty is hard shit or anything, but it sounds like opes would a slippery slope for the OP

^ This.

Maybe thats true Joe but I wont know if I can handle being a weekender unless I try it once, wait a while (a month or so) then go again. If I can do that I think I can hang.

I'm going to try to get some Kratom and see how that works out. If what you, Morningside, say is true it should be just the score I'm looking for.
  • edited August 2010
    Buy lots of really good weed. The good shit can be expensive, but you'll still probably spend less money than you did when you were shooting up.
    edited August 2010
    ^ This.

Maybe thats true Joe but I wont know if I can handle being a weekender unless I try it once, wait a while (a month or so) then go again. If I can do that I think I can hang.

I'm going to try to get some Kratom and see how that works out. If what you, Morningside, say is true it should be just the score I'm looking for.

And then what brother? Think about your life. You have value and potential. Don't squander it. Not for me, for you.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone know where Kratom seeds could be ordered online? I can only seem to find extracts and herbal blends/incenses
  • edited August 2010
    Anyone know where Kratom seeds could be ordered online? I can only seem to find extracts and herbal blends/incenses

It better not be like Salvia where the seeds are goddamn difficult to come by.
  • MiluardoMiluardo Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Kratom feels similar to opiates without the risk of physical addiction. It's pretty cheap and you can order it online.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratom

I mean... the whole issue with opiates being addictive is that they act on well.. opioid receptors.. which generally end up desensitized.

anyway, kratom is physically addictive and not nearly as pleasant of an experience as most opiates/oids. Ideally you wouldn't abuse them.

You've got to stimulate the same feelings and receptors you got on the drugs without taking drugs. Or OTHER ones that you like more / as much.

What was your fav thing / things to do on opioids?

What do you miss most about the drugs? Is it feeling? Is it the way it allowed to perform tasks? The entertainment it gave to other activities?

I'm sure it's a lot of things but lets just cover some main ones. You should take the time yourself to fine tune, and tweek(haha.. not that way).

Just as a side note:

Your receptors blow now that you raped them, so you won't have as much fun in the opioid levels of life until they start to come back. Which, for young, healthy eating, physically active, and mentally stimulated people SHOULD happen. Who knows though? Someone other than me if someone does.

Eat like a champion. Rip fat veggies and fruit for mysterious chemicals and shit.
    Exercise to stimulate regrowth of neuronal connections.
    Mentally stimulate yourself, you will make connections.

OH!! and rawk the ventral tagemental area of your skull. That way you feel rewarded and shit just like on durrggzz.

On second thought I'm not sure that area is used for dopamine reward in opiates. I think it's coke. hmmm I should look that uhp.
    edited August 2010
    Eat like a champion. Rip fat veggies and fruit for mysterious chemicals and shit.
    Exercise to stimulate regrowth of neuronal connections.
    Mentally stimulate yourself, you will make connections.

striatal dopamine for the win

and also other stuff
    edited August 2010

I like youu :)

Dopamine decreased density of dopamine D2 receptors, and ascorbic acid inhibited the receptor downregulation in GH4ZR7 cells.

That's pretty fuckin' cool. So vit C may help counteract tolerance. at least in the GH4ZR7 cells. Which I've yet to figure out what they are haha.
    edited August 2010
    Miluardo wrote: »
    I like youu :)

Dopamine decreased density of dopamine D2 receptors, and ascorbic acid inhibited the receptor downregulation in GH4ZR7 cells.

That's pretty fuckin' cool. So vit C may help counteract tolerance. at least in the GH4ZR7 cells. Which I've yet to figure out what they are haha.

maybe you like me because I am rizzo? :o

JoePedo was posting quite a bit of stuff on vitamin c & dopamine metabolism, I was trying to refind it but ended up with some other stuffs...

...speaking of which, still haven't found it, but this study seems to shoot down his theory of megadosing C & getting mad dopam1n3
    edited August 2010
    maybe you like me because I am rizzo? :o

JoePedo was posting quite a bit of stuff on vitamin c & dopamine metabolism, I was trying to refind it but ended up with some other stuffs...

...speaking of which, still haven't found it, but this study seems to shoot down his theory of megadosing C & getting mad dopam1n3

haha if you weren't right in that first statement I'd call you a dick. Nice name btw.

Well megadosing might be the problem. Maybe adequate dosing would be different? I'll compare the studies later. Also, I didn't see when the doses were given, that might be a factor too.

For the record, a friend of mine chugs like a liter of OJ everyday and is one of the most dopamine driven individuals I know.