Wired VS wireless?

A load of my friends swear by wireless keyboards/mouse, because they have no wires to clog up your desk.

I beg to differ. I think Wired shit is much better, offering a seemingly better response time with virtually no lag at all. Brilliant for gaming.

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    I prefer wired.

Although I've been using a wireless HP mouse for some netbook, I beg to differ on the lag. It's acts exactly the same, replies clicks, drags in real time.

There's nothing like coiling your mouse's wire on your pointer, or do I just do that? :confused:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Definitely wired. I had a wireless mouse that I kept dropping. Luckily it was quite durable. Plus wired mouses will never die on you during an intense session of whatever.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wired. Like you said, better response, and doesn't take batteries.
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wired because they're cheaper and apparently have better response times. Never used a wireless for any extended period of time so I can't really comment.

Also, batteries; when we get real wireless power then I'll be interested.
  • edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    I prefer wired.

Although I've been using a wireless HP mouse for some netbook, I beg to differ on the lag. It's acts exactly the same, replies clicks, drags in real time.

There's nothing like coiling your mouse's wire on your pointer, or do I just do that? :confused:

Sometimes when the batteries are dying or there's some kind of interference, there is considerable lag or no response at all. Kinda sucks when you're on a 57 kill streak or hacking the pentagon or something.

Also, I don't coil my mouse wire.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I have mixed feelings on this actually. I have used a wired keyboard/mouse combo for nearly a decade before moving to wireless. I will admit, wired definitely has the upside of no batteries and absolute no lag in comparisons to wireless. However the fact I can place my keyboard and mouse at a distance and almost anywhere on my desktop or even across the room, is a major bonus. The lag can be random to never noticeable. Usually I only notice it when the batteries are coming close to dying or my infrared base isn't lined up properly (fucking annoying). I don't even think they sell infrared versions anymore because of this reason with the whole line-of-sight thing. However the Bluetooth ones are much more expensive and I've heard some bad reports from the ones I was looking at. BT also is limited to about 12 meters (although can go more or less) which should be fine for where my desktop is placed.

Also a lot of BT ones come with a rechargeable station that you just place the mouse in instead of having to take out the batteries and remember when to charge them. Just put it in the station when you go to bed and you're good to go. The battery lasts for a good amount of time (at least all day) and doesn't take long to fully charge via USB port.

I'd say a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse is as far as I'd go when it comes back to wired again. The keyboard lag can piss me the fuck off when I am typing something and it's not recognizing characters I am typing because the batteries are low or the beam is a little off.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Sometimes when the batteries are dying or there's some kind of interference, there is considerable lag or no response at all. Kinda sucks when you're on a 57 kill streak or hacking the pentagon or something.

Also, I don't coil my mouse wire.

Forgot about that. Mine haven't died yet, so I didn't know about that.

You don't coil your mouse? F you then. :mad:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I would prefer wireless if I can get it but wires works for me. It's pretty awesome when you're dealing with legacy systems.
  • Tommy LundTommy Lund Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I am a wired man. Deathadder mouse and Sidewinder x4 keyboard.

I tried wireless back when it first came out and it just wasn`t for me. Always with the batteries and whatnot. :mad:
  • edited July 2010
    Tommy Lund wrote: »
    I am a wired man. Deathadder mouse and Sidewinder x4 keyboard.

I tried wireless back when it first came out and it just wasn`t for me. Always with the batteries and whatnot. :mad:

Yeahh, my friend has a wireless mouse/keyboard, and it really annoys me. Have to put it on charge a lot, and the keyboard always misses keystrokes.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wired, because I've never had a problem with two wires running straight to back of my desk. Also, fuck batteries.
  • edited July 2010
    That's also a good point - who the fuck cares about wires that go behind your desk anyway? They're out of sight god damn it.
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wired, same goes for networks... If radiowaves can do it wires can do it faster and more reliable.