Them Shrooms?

FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
This is my first time doing shrooms. I just want to ask you if these be edible.
pict0012gz.jpg

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited August 2010
    All shrooms are edible man.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    EVERYTHING is edible but sometimes you die.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited August 2010
    This is my first time doing shrooms. I just want to ask you if these be edible.
    pict0012gz.jpg

Man whatever you do do not trust someone on a BBS to tell you if it's okay to eat a mushroom or not. Not that someone here would lie to you but you do not want to make that decision by information posted by someone. Take into account what they have to say if you wish.

But you need to find out on your own. Who did you get them from? Where did they get them. Did you pick them yourself? Do you know what to pick?

Just by looking at those, unless they are really old I don't see any blueing on them. But some don't. Post the spore print if you can.
  • edited August 2010
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Man whatever you do do not trust someone on a BBS to tell you if it's okay to eat a mushroom or not. Not that someone here would lie to you but you do not want to make that decision by information posted by someone. Take into account what they have to say if you wish.

I might.
    edited August 2010
    I might.

LOL dude that highlighted sentence you quoted me on was dripping with sarcasam.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmm they don't look shroomy to me. But you need to take a spore print of all of them separately to see the colours they produce. Also try bruising one and notice of there is any blueing. Also try to remember the exact environment you picked them from. Were they grouped together or separated? You need to be 100% sure of the species before you even think of eating them. Also post a thread on Shroomery like people have suggested.
  • edited August 2010
    my motto is look before you eat
    edited August 2010
    my motto is look before you eat

Are you following me?

j/k, but are you going to be a bltc regular?
  • edited August 2010
    Are you following me?

j/k, but are you going to be a bltc regular?

i just pop in once in a while to make snarky comments and try to get people to do salvia.
  • edited August 2010
    LOL dude that highlighted sentence you quoted me on was dripping with sarcasam.

Good thing your tone of voice made that readily apparent.

Wait..
  • stormyweathersstormyweathers Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    i just pop in once in a while to make snarky comments and try to get people to do salvia.

you make it sound like a bad thing
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited August 2010
    I ate them all before I got 1 reply on here. Felt good man
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited August 2010
    They look like the genus Panaeolus. Not sure about the sub species. Get the variables we chatted about in IRC.
  • edited August 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    They look like the genus Panaeolus. Not sure about the species. Get the variables we chatted about in IRC.

This. This or Panaeolina foenesecii Stems do look kind of thick so it could be P. cintulus, but the best way to tell is a spore print. Jet black, we got yo' back. Tints of purple and brown and turn it down (use this rule with Panaeolus only). To let you know there is NO known toxic Panaeolus or Panaeolina species but I'd always get from get a gander from a TI just in case.

I bet you they said P. foenesecii. Was the habitat dung or soil?

Use Subbedhunter's Complete Guide to P. cinctulus
  • edited August 2010
    You should probably ask the kind folks over at the shroomery forum (http://www.shroomery.org/). Someone over there would definitely know. Or you could read a mushroom identification e-book.

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE. TAKE THIS.

Also NEVER THINK YOU HAVE A MUSHROOM PINNED DOWN TO A SPECIES UNLESS YOU HAVE MICROSCOPIC DATA OR IT IS EASY TO IDENTIFY MACROSCOPICALLY

Go purchase The Audubon Society's Filed Guide to North American Mushrooms to take with you on the field as it is superior to the guide I linked to. Having at least one reference makes it easier to get an idea of what you're dealing with in the field.

Also, if you do decide to purchase mushrooms from a dealer, question them on the spot as to where and how they got them. If they do not look like dried Psilocybe cubensis, DO NOT PURCHASE/EAT. It is extremely rare to find a Psilocybe on the black market other than cubes unless you know the well experienced hunter personally. Most keep that kind shit for their own collections ;)
  • edited August 2010
    I ate them all before I got 1 reply on here. Felt good man

Seriously albeit these were MOST LIKELY not deadly, you have SHOWN a behavior that RISKED YOUR LIFE. NEVER EVER EVER EVER eat an unidentified mushroom,

lest you might eat one of these ....

galerin.jpg

THIS is the face of the most agonizing death humans can encounter.

It takes over a week for these to cause liver failure. These are KNOWN to contain the same amatoxins as Amanita phalloides, Amanita occreata, and other members of Amanita, sect. Phalloides.

Might I add that these look IDENTICAL to some Psilocybe species macroscopically? In fact, they are in the same family and are even SISTER CLADES. The only difference is a rusty brown spore print and the lack of bruising (some have been alleged to bruise black though).