So uh... What's the scientific reason for blacks and asians?

Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Why do they look like that?

Yeah, I'm just being blunt; this is totse after all.

I was thinking about it, and like... man evolved from ape, right? And then, randomly, we evolved into three different groups? Whites, blacks, and Asians? Oh, and then you have the Mexicans and Italians and stuff, I guess. :o

It just seems weird. I want answers.

Also, I'm just imagining how weird it would be to never know what a black person is, and then seeing one for the first time. lol.

Comments

• FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    The amount of sun they bathed in so many years ago.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    You forgot Hispanics. They fucking have their own continent you retard. :facepalm:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm asian so I'll tell you about the evolutionary adaptations of asians.

Eyes: They're shaped like that so we can perceive the world in a more intelligent fashion.

Hairy Genitals: Allows for camouflage in the thick Chinese forests.

Small penises: Allows us to fly more easily as we don't have as much weight to carry.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »

Small penises: Allows us to fly more easily as we don't have as much weight to carry.

Seems like you would have just evolved to fly better and not to offend the opposite sex.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Im not sure about Asians but black people are the descendants of Cain. When Cain killed Abel he marked him and his descendants with black skin.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »

I was thinking about it, and like... man evolved from ape, right? And then, randomly, we evolved into three different groups? Whites, blacks, and Asians? Oh, and then you have the Mexicans and Italians and stuff, I guess. :o

Also, I'm just imagining how weird it would be to never know what a black person is, and then seeing one for the first time. lol.

Sun exposure and concentration of specific genetic traits through breeding in isolation over the course of a few million years.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010

Dysgraphia wrote: »
    You forgot Hispanics. They fucking have their own continent you retard. :facepalm:
    Um, no he didn't, retard.
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Sun exposure and concentration of specific genetic traits through breeding in isolation over the course of a few million years.

This
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't think we will find a scientific explanation because society doesn't want to know. I don't believe in a "God" magically placing us here, nor do I fully believe that we evolved from fishes or apes or frogs or dinosaurs, or any other nonsense. However, I do believe we do evolve, but where is always the great question and the one that doesn't even need an answer to. Who did dinosaurs evolve from? Is it NOT possible that thousands of different micro-biological organisms evolved at different periods and from the start we were the basic of our species? Fish related matter evolved into sharks, etc. Chimps evolved into greater beasts. Lizards into Dinosaurs. Caveman to man in suits.

I think science is looking in the wrong direction when it comes to EVERYTHING evolving from one particular organism. Sure there is possibly one that all others branched off to, but you can't just follow one trace as that could have led to the monkey while the path to mans history lied in another which we blindly turn away from seeing because we are focused i nthis direction.

Perhaps I am making sense or maybe I'm not, but what I'm trying ot say is there are biological similarities of blacks to whites to asians to indians, but there are some strange difference science has also found in the genes. There are some disease and what have you that are only found in asian, white and black cultures that aren't even on the radar for other cultures or "races". We are all different, we are NOT all the same, we shouldn't embrace diversity if we were all the same like we do. The media blitz double standard teaches color blind and diversity at the same time which to logical human being would be completely hypocritical and impossible to embrace. We are being taught to self-suicide and it's a lose-lose. That's how the Jews win by turning our conscious against itself and our human instinct into a crime.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes, darker skin color was often favored where sun was more intense (and that also had a vague correlation with the amount of body hair on the skin). An exception was with the natives of the north, who ate foods high in Vitamin D and thus did not need the light skin color. I've heard that the eyes of Asians are due to time in the steppes, where sand would get in the eyes, and thus a different shape of the exterior of the eye would have been favored so less sand would get in.
  • edited August 2010
    Your original question should have been about WHITE people and asians, because caucasians were a genetic mutation upon blacks--after all, the first forms of human life started in Africa. For a reasonable period of time, man lived in about the center of Africa, until, for an unknown reason, started to migrate north, into the Middle East, along the Indian coast, and finally into East Asia. Along the way various groups of people set up camps in these areas, and, according to Darwin's principle of evolution, they adapted to their environments and breeded out the original black man. So, in answer to your question, Europeans, Asians, and everyone else in between evolved from Africans because of environmental factors.
    edited August 2010
    Your original question should have been about WHITE people and asians, because caucasians were a genetic mutation upon blacks--after all, the first forms of human life started in Africa. For a reasonable period of time, man lived in about the center of Africa, until, for an unknown reason, started to migrate north, into the Middle East, along the Indian coast, and finally into East Asia. Along the way various groups of people set up camps in these areas, and, according to Darwin's principle of evolution, they adapted to their environments and breeded out the original black man. So, in answer to your question, Europeans, Asians, and everyone else in between evolved from Africans because of environmental factors.

IMO the idea that we came from africa and blacks were the first is bullshit. Look at Adam and Eve what does Adam mean? To blush. The first humans were white. The negros are just descendants of cain who was marked. I believe we were created in gods image and i doubt he looks like a black guy. The myth that blacks were the first are afro centric lies. Also remember that northern Africa like Egypt was all white until they mixed with negros.
    edited August 2010

First, you're assuming that humans originated in Africa. It's a valid theory, but you say it like it is the one and only theory. Your second assumption is that all Africans are black as black can be. There are many black people with lighter shades and perhaps the first humans weren't even black. Black skin could've been an adaptation to the sun.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    Um, no he didn't, retard.

Um yeah.

Because Hispanics = Mexicans right?

Retard.
    edited August 2010

Mexicans came from when the Spanish raped, married, and intermixed with the various indigenous ethnic groups in the region we call Mexico.
  • edited August 2010
    First, you're assuming that humans originated in Africa. It's a valid theory, but you say it like it is the one and only theory.

may I direct your attention to this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_single_origin_hypothesis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_admixture_in_Europe
    http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/
    Your second assumption is that all Africans are black as black can be. There are many black people with lighter shades and perhaps the first humans weren't even black. Black skin could've been an adaptation to the sun.

You are probably correct in saying that the first humans weren't black. This is because humans are highly evolved hairless chimpanzees. It's pretty much accepted in the scientific community that this occurred in Africa. To protect them from the rays of the sun, humans developed darker skin. But there's no point talking about this over a forum without backing it up without evidence, so here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/18/science/18skul.html?_r=1

Also, I'm not even going to respond to the religious guy who posted before you. :facepalm:

And to Blunderful, it's believed that Asians have an epicanthic fold (the feature that gives them "squinty" eyes) to block out the glare of the sun that reflected off of snow. Going back to Darwin, and the human migration pattern, early human communities were totally isolated from one another, and isolation from other species (which prevents interbreeding)=faster evolutionary adaptation to their environment.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »

ORLY? What continent would that be?
  • edited August 2010
    ORLY? What continent would that be?

Obviously the eighth and most important continent of Hispaniola. Didn't you learn anything in geography class?

But seriously. I think he meant South America.
    edited August 2010

I now direct your attention to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiregional_origin_of_modern_humans

It isn't as agreed upon as the Out of Africa theory, but both of them are still just theories. But this discussion isn't about where humans originated, but skin color, so we come to this:
    You are probably correct in saying that the first humans weren't black. This is because humans are highly evolved hairless chimpanzees. It's pretty much accepted in the scientific community that this occurred in Africa. To protect them from the rays of the sun, humans developed darker skin. But there's no point talking about this over a forum without backing it up without evidence, so here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/18/science/18skul.html?_r=1

Your argument was that white people changed colour as they adapted from black people. You just contradicted yourself.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2010
    Obviously the eighth and most important continent of Hispaniola. Didn't you learn anything in geography class?

But seriously. I think he meant South America.

They are not indigenous to South America. The natives are not Hispanic.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010

Motherfucking this.

Also, an excellent theory for the development of the white gene is that our ancestors from Africa inter-bred with other species of human they came across, including neanderthals which had pallid skin and red hair and lived in the colder climates of Europe.

EDIT: Also,

'IMO the idea that we came from africa and blacks were the first is bullshit. Look at Adam and Eve what does Adam mean? To blush. The first humans were white. The negros are just descendants of cain who was marked. I believe we were created in gods image and i doubt he looks like a black guy. The myth that blacks were the first are afro centric lies. Also remember that northern Africa like Egypt was all white until they mixed with negros. '

ROFL

EDIT 2: Also this: Genetic comparisons provide evidence that all living human populations can be traced along maternal lines of descent to a woman who lived in Africa about 200,000 years ago.

Eve was black yo.

http://www.jqjacobs.net/anthro/paleo/genome.html
  • edited August 2010
    I now direct your attention to this:

Your argument was that white people changed colour as they adapted from black people. You just contradicted yourself.

My first post was poorly written. By Blunderful's use of the term "white," I jumped to the conclusion that he meant Caucasian. I made an assumption, and that was stupid of me.

Were the first humans "white?" It depends on how you define "white"--race is as much (if not more) of a social/cultural construction than a biological one. What I believe is this:

Humans evolved from chimpanzees and shed their hair. The first humans were whatever color skin the chimpanzees of those times were (it may have been "white," it may have been a darker tan--although you or I might still classify that as being "white," too. Like I said before, race is also socially constructed. People consider everything from pale ginger skin to tan Guido skin "white," and apes might have been any one of those colors. So do I believe the very first humans were "white?" I guess my answer would be yes.) Their skin then became darker over time--"black."

It wasn't until after humans had already developed dark skin that they began migrating out of Africa (and I do recognize the multi-region theory, I just believe that there's a greater amount of evidence to support the Out of Africa theory (and I also realize that they are both theories, but so is the theory of evolution and the theory of relativity, and many people have no problem believing in those). As people migrated, their physiological traits adapted to their environments. So, as a general rule, the further away from the equator they got, the lighter their skin became, so as to absorb more vitamins.

I hope that's a little clearer.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Humans evolved from chimpanzees and shed their hair. The first humans were whatever color skin the chimpanzees of those times were (it may have been "white," it may have been a darker tan--although you or I might still classify that as being "white," too. Like I said before, race is also socially constructed. People consider everything from pale ginger skin to tan Guido skin "white," and apes might have been any one of those colors. So do I believe the very first humans were "white?" I guess my answer would be yes.) Their skin then became darker over time--"black."

Yes, but these were NOT homo sapiens.
  • edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    Yes, but these were NOT homo sapiens.

A-ha! You are correct! 100 points! The first humans were probably black.
    :p

I knew what I was talking about all along:D
    edited August 2010
    My first post was poorly written. By Blunderful's use of the term "white," I jumped to the conclusion that he meant Caucasian. I made an assumption, and that was stupid of me.

Were the first humans "white?" It depends on how you define "white"--race is as much (if not more) of a social/cultural construction than a biological one. What I believe is this:

It wasn't until after humans had already developed dark skin that they began migrating out of Africa (and I do recognize the multi-region theory, I just believe that there's a greater amount of evidence to support the Out of Africa theory (and I also realize that they are both theories, but so is the theory of evolution and the theory of relativity, and many people have no problem believing in those). As people migrated, their physiological traits adapted to their environments. So, as a general rule, the further away from the equator they got, the lighter their skin became, so as to absorb more vitamins.

I hope that's a little clearer.

We did not come from apes. if we did why are there still apes:o Seriously though I recognize the similarity between apes and humans but that dosnt mean we came from them.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    Well someone has to pick the cotton/work in the sweatshop.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    We did not come from apes. if we did why are there still apes:o Seriously though I recognize the similarity between apes and humans but that dosnt mean we came from them.

I think its safe to assume that a small group of apes were the first to evolve, and it all stemmed from there. Its not like all of a sudden every ape in the world was like, shit yeah, lets stand up and build houses!

As such, some were left behind.

Beats the hell out of your Adam and Eve theory. Which has no scientific merit whatsoever.
    edited August 2010

We share a common ancestor. Why are there so many kinds of birds? Omg they're all different but really alike!
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited August 2010
    I think its safe to assume that a small group of apes were the first to evolve, and it all stemmed from there. Its not like all of a sudden every ape in the world was like, shit yeah, lets stand up and build houses!

As such, some were left behind.

Beats the hell out of your Adam and Eve theory. Which has no scientific merit whatsoever.

We're not evolved from apes but we do have the same descendants.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    We're not evolved from apes but we do have the same descendants.

So what did we evolve from then?
    edited August 2010

We didnt evolve we were created.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    We didnt evolve we were created.

:facepalm:

Evolution is scientifically proven. Creation is a crock of shit cooked up by the same people that gave you the bible...And so you believe the world is only 10000 years old as well, yes?
    edited August 2010

Evolution is scientifically proven. Creation is a crock of shit cooked up by the same people that gave you the bible...And so you believe the world is only 10000 years old as well, yes?

No i know how old the earth is. You assume our concept of years and time today is the same today as in the bibles. If its proven why is it THE THEORY of evolution sure it happens to an extent but we didnt come from apes. 10000 years could be a billion in god time we dont know.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited August 2010
    the world's 10000 years old???!! :o whoa thats a lot, i thought it was only like 100
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    No i know how old the earth is. You assume our concept of years and time today is the same today as in the bibles. If its proven why is it THE THEORY of evolution sure it happens to an extent but we didnt come from apes.

What are you trying to say? You just said we were created, then admitted evolution happens to an extent. You creationists utterly fail at a logical argument.

Proof of evolution is all around you. Look at people even, we have become taller, smarter, more beautiful all within the last few hundred years. That alone is evidence we are evolving.

Here, I even did a search on the net for you...Albeit this is off Wikianswers.

I think the best proof (at least, the easiest to understand) is the developement of a new species of butterfly in Hawaii. When foreign settlers wanted to colonize Hawaii, they brought banana's to grow as a cash crop. Banana's are not native to Hawaii and yet today, there is a new species of butterfly that looks almost exactly like a native species, except it can only eat bananas. Upon further examination, this species of butterfly has a different shaped mouth and digestive system that literally only allows a banana diet. So it is only reasonable to conclude that it evolved because after all, bananas are not native to Hawaii. This example has taken place within human observation, and even though they are still both butterflies, they are a separate species (in that they cannot reproduce with each other). That is one of the best examples to prove evolution and I hope this was helpful.

Creationism is also a theory. So don't pull that crap on me. Evolution has a hell of a lot more science and evidence behind it than some ultimate being deciding to just spring us into life one day.

And while homo sapiens did not directly evolve from apes, the humanoid races (homo erectus etc) before that almost certainly did. Do you deny these earlier types of human existed? Because for that there is overwhelming amounts of evidence. Fossils anybody? Or did your prankster god put those here just to test your faith?
    edited August 2010
    What are you trying to say? You just said we were created, then admitted evolution happens to an extent. You creationists utterly fail at a logical argument.

Proof of evolution is all around you. Look at people even, we have become taller, smarter, more beautiful all within the last few hundred years. That alone is evidence we are evolving.

I think the best proof (at least, the easiest to understand) is the developement of a new species of butterfly in Hawaii. When foreign settlers wanted to colonize Hawaii, they brought banana's to grow as a cash crop. Banana's are not native to Hawaii and yet today, there is a new species of butterfly that looks almost exactly like a native species, except it can only eat bananas. Upon further examination, this species of butterfly has a different shaped mouth and digestive system that literally only allows a banana diet. So it is only reasonable to conclude that it evolved because after all, bananas are not native to Hawaii. This example has taken place within human observation, and even though they are still both butterflies, they are a separate species (in that they cannot reproduce with each other). That is one of the best examples to prove evolution and I hope this was helpful.

Creationism is also a theory. So don't pull that crap on me. Evolution has a hell of a lot more science and evidence behind it than some ultimate being deciding to just spring us into life one day.

And while homo sapiens did not directly evolve from apes, the humanoid races (homo erectus etc) before that almost certainly did. Do you deny these earlier types of human existed? Because for that there is overwhelming amounts of evidence. Fossils anybody? Or did your prankster god put those here just to test your faith?

:facepalm: Just because it happens to an extent doesn't mean Im saying we came from country's. Providence created ape and man. I dont deny Neanderthals existed but they were a different species. There is a creater are you saying we all just got here by accident? To me that makes less sense than a creator.
    edited August 2010

:facepalm: Just because it happens to an extent doesn't mean Im saying we came from country's. Providence created ape and man. I dont deny Neanderthals existed but they were a different species. There is a creater are you saying we all just got here by accident? To me that makes less sense than a creator. Also what of our souls did souls emerge from mere beasts? I dont think so.
    edited August 2010
    Where's the evidence we've gotten more beautiful within the last few hundred years? Sounds interesting.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    :facepalm: Just because it happens to an extent doesn't mean Im saying we came from country's. Providence created ape and man. I dont deny Neanderthals existed but they were a different species. There is a creater are you saying we all just got here by accident? To me that makes less sense than a creator. Also what of our souls did souls emerge from mere beasts? I dont think so.

Yes they were a different species, same way homo erectus etc were. Recent evidence suggest homo sapiens inter-bred with the other species such as neanderthals etc, this is what allowed the white skin mutation to develop...Go read the first page again.

Yes, I'm saying we arrived here out of pure circumstance within an infinite universe. When you think about it, its not surprising at all, considering how ridiculously huge, chaotic and unpredictable the universe is. Eventually the right circumstance for life would come into existence, it was inevitable.

And souls? Who is to say animals don't have souls? Who is to say souls even exist at all and we aren't just a bunch of chemical reactions firing off simultaneously? You can't prove any of these things, its just more metaphysical, religious crap. All we are is conscious of our surroundings and ourselves. We are more EVOLVED than those other creatures.
    edited August 2010
    ANIMALS HAVE SOULS! I go to church, I'm a Christian!
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010

rofl!
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited August 2010
    Stick an Asian or Black person in a desert with a white person and the white person will probably die first.
    Likewise, role reversal @ north or south pole.
    edited August 2010
    Suicide from having to be with an asian and black?
    edited August 2010
    Nightside wrote: »
    Stick an Asian or Black person in a desert with a white person and the white person will probably die first.

Notice Eskimos are more Asian-looking.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nightside wrote: »

Even this points directly toward natural selection.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    10000 years could be a billion in god time we dont know.

God didn't write the bible.
  • edited August 2010

:thumbsup: if joking

if serious....:angry:
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited August 2010
    Denying evolution is :facepalm:
    edited August 2010

God didn't write the bible.

No but the men who wrote it, white men by the way were directly inspired by God. The lord spoke to them. he speaks to everyone maybey if youd open your heart he'd speak to you too.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    No but the men who wrote it, white men by the way were directly inspired by God. The lord spoke to them. he speaks to everyone maybey if youd open your heart he'd speak to you too.

Ouch, I just got trolled by a mod...Either that, or hes just incredibly stupid.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited August 2010

From wiki
    We evolve from Australopithecus