FUCK YEAH Button

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I say we have a FUCK YEAH:thumbsup: button instead of a gay thanks and or rep system. All in favor say Aye.

Comments

• TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited August 2010
    FUCK no.

Its still essentially the same thing as the thanks system, a popularity contests that encourages posters to make "lulz worthy" posts instead of posts that stand on their own eloquence, reason, and style.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    Whatever it is it's better than rep.
    edited August 2010
    Whatever it is it's better than rep.

What do you mean by rep?
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    What do you mean by rep?

Rep allows you to +1 a person and -1 a person! Higher rep means more "elite" members. Major e-dick swinging.
    rep_screenshot.jpg

I like thanks or FUCK YEAH:thumbsup:'s because i use them to thank people who make me laugh.
    edited August 2010
    Ah damn. Thanks for the clarification.

Fuck no to that too.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    I say yes. But don't keep count of peoples amount of them. Just show *Member*, *member* and *member* say FUCK YEA! to this post. under each post.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    No if were not gonna have a thanks or rep system why would a fuck yeah be better? Initially I was ok with a rep system but Ive realized content should be why you post not an e penis. people will recognize if your a good poster thats all thats necessary imo.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited August 2010
    I think it's a grand idea.
  • edited August 2010
    Perhaps it could be a private thing, but there will be a thread about everyone's e-pen0r and cock comparison charts. Let's go for the classic rep if anything imo.

I say FUCK NO :thumbsdown:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    For the record it's "Nay" not "neigh." I was going to click No, but when I saw it was spelled incorrectly I decided I couldn't in good conscience click that option.
  • edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    For the record it's "Nay" not "neigh."

horse.jpg
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Stick to the roots people. Use Social Bookmarking Tools to submit that thread or post to various sites. Also, we're a close-knit community and if you post regularly you can easily spot who contributes what.

So, Rep system, buttons etc all failed.

I will however find a way to add a bookmarking button that just bookmarks your favourite posts [without counters and all the blink] It will be a hack but I am sure we can find it somewhere.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I'm gonna say no as well. Its pretty pointless, don't you think? Just stick with conversation - you don't need a button to tell if its a good thread or not.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited August 2010
    FUCK no.

Beat me to it.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    fuck yeah seaking
    edited August 2010
    :mad:

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=1304

Guys, I can't say that a thanks system is a help to the community. It sounds nice and satisfying, sure, but it detracts from our intentions from people trying to make quality posts in a community atmosphere. Its a rank that determines only how lulzy your posts were, not how good they were, thus sowing meaningless and trite divisions between posters for no reason other than a number. It kills our posts to have the desire to increase that number and, frankly, it kills our sense of humor too.
  • edited August 2010
    Although "fuck yeah" sounds alot cooler than thanks I would rather not see anything similar to thanks/rep/e-penis here.
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited August 2010
    Although "fuck yeah" sounds alot cooler than thanks I would rather not see anything similar to thanks/rep/e-penis here.

Exactly, its what made the changeover from UBB shit.

Repjerkin.gif
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    I think it could work if there was no counter.

What about something like the thread rating but for posts?

rating_1.gif
    rating_2.gif
    rating_3.gif
    rating_4.gif
    rating_5.gif
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    ^^That's actually not a bad idea at all. And probably not too difficult to implement.
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited August 2010
    Gay knock off, No thanks. :thumbsdown:
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    We could have a E-Penor system.

+1 = Boner
    -1=Flaccid