How to Make Plastic Explosives

PacoPaco me administrator
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
How to Make Plastic Explosives

WARNING:
By reading this article you are agreeing that I, Paco, Will have absolutly nothing to do with your stupidity. I am in no way responsible for what you do with what you are going to learn. This is for educational purposes only and should never be used to harm anyone or anything.
Thank You and Enjoy.

First of all, your going to need some supplies:
  • A heat source (hot plate, stove, etc.)
  • A hydrometer, or battery hydrometer
  • A large Pyrex, or enameled steel container (to weigh
  • chemicals)
  • Potassium chloride (can be found at health or nutrition stores, sold as a salt substitute.)

Now, Lets get started.

Take one gallon of bleach, place it in the container, and begin heating it. While this solution heats, weigh out 63 grams of potassium chloride and add this to the bleach being heated.

Constantly check the solution being heated with the hydrometer, and boil until you get a reading of 1.3. If using a battery hydrometer, boil until you read a FULL charge.

Take the solution and allow it to cool in a refrigerator until it is between room temperature and 0 degrees Celcius (32 degrees Fahrenheit). Filter out the crystals that have formed and save them. Boil this solution again and cool as before. Filter and save the crystals.

Take the crystals that have been saved, and mix them with distilled water in the following proportions: 56 grams per 100 milliliters distilled water. Heat this solution until it boils and allow to cool. Filter the solution and save the crystals that form upon cooling. This process of purification is called "fractional crystalization".

These crystals should be relatively pure potassium chlorate. Powder these to the consistency of face powder, and heat gently to drive off all moisture. Now, melt five parts Vaseline with five parts wax. Dissolve this in white gasoline (camp stove gasoline), and pour this liquid on 90 parts potassium chlorate (the powdered crystals from above) into a plastic bowl. Knead this liquid into the potassium chlorate until intimately mixed.

Allow all gasoline to evaporate. Finally, place this explosive into a cool, dry place. Avoid friction, sulfur, sulfides, and phosphorous compounds. This explosive is best molded to the desired shape and density of 1.3 grams in a cube and dipped in wax until water proof. These block type charges guarantee the highest detonation velocity.

Also, a blasting cap of at least a 3 grade must be used. The presence of the afore mentioned compounds (sulfur, sulfides, etc.) results in mixtures that are or can become highly sensitive and will possibly decompose explosively while in storage. You should never store homemade explosives, and you must use EXTREME caution at all times while performing the processes you have read here.

Remember:
Don't blow your fucking arm off.
Thanks for reading :D

More to Come.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for sharing this.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    good guide thanks for sharing.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited July 2010
    What are your sources?

potassium chlorate, vaseline, wax, white gasoline
    --All very easily obtainable chemicals, so why don't we hear more about this process being used?

I googled the ingrediants, and the first results are Jolly Roger and the Anarchist Cookbook--known spreaders of misinformation.
    Do you have any experience with using this guide you've posted? Sorry, Paco. I find your post sketchy at best.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    This thread embodies the soul of &T so very well.

Good thread.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Hah, really people? This is full of shit, it's from 'Teh kookbook'. Do not want, do not do. Would rather make AP with sulfuric acid.

Speaking of which, had some fun with AP recently. 1/4 pound was made for the 4th of July fun, got to show some friends why they should respect it. Hammer test. Just a pinch on the ground, hit it with a hammer, and both ears were ringing.

Somewhere between a teaspoon and a tablespoon in a capped fiberglass mortar tube blew off both endcaps (Each endcap was 1" deep Rockhard Water Putty), AND shredded one end of the tube in a spiral shape. Powerful stuff.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    Hah, really people? This is full of shit, it's from 'Teh kookbook'.

Actually no, I didn't get it from the cookbook... Why do you all assume that?
    edited July 2010
    Paco wrote: »
    Actually no, I didn't get it from the cookbook... Why do you all assume that?
    I clearly stated how I came to that assumption:
    I googled the ingrediants, and the first results are Jolly Roger and the Anarchist Cookbook

I also asked for your sources as to why you believe your recipe will create plastic explosives.
    I'm inclined to believe it won't, and the burden of proof is on you.
    There's no reliable sources on google I can find. This article is pretty much copy/paste from dangerously inaccurate publications (Anarchist Cookbook).
    edited July 2010
    I clearly stated how I came to that assumption:

I also asked for your sources as to why you believe your recipe will create plastic explosives.
    I'm inclined to believe it won't, and the burden of proof is on you.
    There's no reliable sources on google I can find. This article is pretty much copy/paste from dangerously inaccurate publications (Anarchist Cookbook).

I really didn't take it from the cookbook. I got it out of an ebook which i lost. Something about Creating Explosives from Kitchen Materials. If you don't want the article here, by all means just tell me so and I will delete it.
    edited July 2010
    I don't really care what you do with it, I'm just questioning. It doesn't sound legit, and I wanted to know where you got it and how you know it works.
    Have you tested it?
    edited July 2010
    This may (or may not) clear things up a little bit.
    This process is a valid (albeit dangerous) way to make potassium chlorate. The process can be summarized by the following reactions:

Step 1: When bleach (sodium hypochlorite) is heated, it decomposes into sodium chlorate and sodium chloride:

3NaOCl --(heat)----> NaClO3 + 2NaCl

Step 2: The potassium chloride displaces the sodium in the sodium chloride to form potassium chloride and sodium chloride:

NaClO3 + KCl
    > KClO3 + NaCl

The problem with this synthesis method is that an excessive amount of stable table salt is produced. Not only does this reduce the effective yield of desired product, it requires purification, which is extremely dangerous for chlorates. You can lower the amount of salt produced by not adding the potassium chloride. By doing this, you will be left with SODIUM chlorate. Sodium chlorate still works just as well as potassium chlorate. The process will still be extremely dangerous, but the risk is lessened.
    Pulled from:
    http://everything2.com/title/Making+plastic+explosives+from+bleach
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    This may (or may not) clear things up a little bit.

Pulled from:
    http://everything2.com/title/Making+plastic+explosives+from+bleach

Thanks, sorry for being a cock earlier. Could have sword I'd read this in the cookbook before.
    edited July 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    Thanks, sorry for being a cock earlier. Could have sword I'd read this in the cookbook before.

Maybe it is in there? I've never read it so i don't really know.
  • megamanmegaman Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Maybe it is in there? I've never read it so i don't really know.

i know it was just proven so we knows it works though when you light it how much do you set off at once since this stuff is pretty dangerous. I know it's a dumb question but it would ruin my day if my arm was blown off.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    This seems like it could blow my arm off if I attempted to make this.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    This seems like it could blow my arm off if I attempted to make this.

Build a robot first, then.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    Crazzyass wrote: »
    Build a robot first, then.

:D

Thanks op for the guide, good stuff. I am one step closer to world domination.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    that synth guide looks sketchy as hell

has anyone here actually tried it?
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    Cool I'm gonna try this tonight. However I'm going to try substituting the Potassium Chloride with Bicarbonate Soda and the Bleach with Vinegar. I figure it should still have the desired results. I'm no chemistry wizz, but I sure know a thing or two.
  • MetamorphinMetamorphin Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    Cool I'm gonna try this tonight. However I'm going to try substituting the Potassium Chloride with Bicarbonate Soda and the Bleach with Vinegar. I figure it should still have the desired results. I'm no chemistry wizz, but I sure know a thing or two.

Could you please elaborate on how the vinegar should replace the bleach?
    I thought the bleach is essential for creating potassium chlorate from the potassium chloride?
    Is the oxygen that is needed coming from the COOH-group of acetic acid?

Thanks
  • stormyweathersstormyweathers Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    ^ if your not trolling you need to kill yourself now!

either way this recipe reeks of bullshit.
    it would be much cheaper to simply buy your chlorate online.
    if not at least use pool salt, salt substitutes have many other ingredients that will affect your yield.

it would be much more effective to nitrate some hexamine (like $9 a pound).
    nurdrage has a pretty straight forward method for making nitric acid at home, and all the ingredients you need can be bought at lowes/ace hardware