Fable III

jatorjator Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I remember reading about the original Fable long before it came out and feeling incredibly excited. In the end I was a little let down as they did not manage to incorporate a lot of the features I had been looking forward to.

I still probably played the game through a good 10 times. Watching your character morph based on your good/evil alignment was awesome.

Fable II came out and I had some real high hopes yet again. I played through it twice but was just so horribly let down again. This one I don't even feel was really worth buying.

The 3rd ones coming out at the end of the year and I really think they might get it right this time. The graphics look amazing and some of the combat I've seen looked like it could be a ton of fun.

Anyone else been following the series or looking forward to this game at all?

Comments

• dozerdozer Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    when fable one came out i instantly fell in love with it although it had its flaw. I loved watching my player morph based on what my actions were. When i found out fable II was being developed i followed its development religiously. But when it came out i was rather dissapointed. I felt that the story was too short and not nearly as good as the first story. Honestly i had no idea they were making a fable 3 although im not surprised. I will be watching as this game is made, i hope they get it right this time.

BTW this is my first ever post :P
  • 4206942069 Regular
    edited August 2010
    Lionhead kicks ass, I played black and white and black and white 2 all the time, Evil is where its at
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    So I never bothered to play Fable. Do you think this'll be a letdown too? Or would it be worth buying?
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    So I never bothered to play Fable. Do you think this'll be a letdown too? Or would it be worth buying?

I'm really hoping it will not be a let down. It's coming out on pc so I'll probably just end up downloading it.

If you never played the first fable I would suggest downloading it (they have it for pc) just to see what it's all about. The graphics are a bit outdated at this point but if you don't have a top of the line computer it could be a great game for you.

Make sure you get the lost chapters too. Adds a bit more to the end of the game, though, the ending is still a bit abrupt.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    It seems like this game is coming out remarkably sooner after the second installment than anyone expected. Are they really changing up the field that much to justify this? Games like Fable make me wish I had an xbox, tbh.
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    It seems like this game is coming out remarkably sooner after the second installment than anyone expected. Are they really changing up the field that much to justify this? Games like Fable make me wish I had an xbox, tbh.

I think there are going to be a lot of knew features though I'm not entirely sure whether they're using a knew engine or not.

This one's coming out on pc though so if you've got a decent gfx card you should be fine to play it.
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited August 2010
    With the last two Fables I followed all the previews and bought into the hype, both were disappointing but decent enough games. I'll probably try not to read anything about it this time and just take the game as it is.