whats our purpose?

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Do you ever look out at the world or the stars and get the feeling you are insignificant. I used to until it was revealed thqat yes alone we are insignificant but as a whole we are important. We are all a part of a well oiled universal machine. This machine continues forever its the Alpha and Omega God spoke of. In a sense we are god because god is life satan is death. If you open your mind he can speak to you too. what providence's purpose for all this is we can only learn small pieces of the truth from the various religions which all hold seeds of truth. Through meditation and knowledge those seeds of truth can grow into a tree of life. from earth our bodies came to earth they shall return but our soul has existed forever and will continue on a journey so dont feel insignificant as this short time we have on earth is neither the first nor last step in our journey through the cosmos.

Comments

• ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    Everything must have a purpose?

Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this.

- God
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Obbe wrote: »
    Everything must have a purpose?

Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this.

- God

Yes everything has a purpose a moth dosnt fly through a field without it being part of something larger. You have a purpose you just have to realize it life is not up to chance its all planned. fate and destiny are very real you just have to find your proper path and embrace it.
    edited August 2010
    “There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.”

Deepak Chopra said that and it basically sums up what im trying to say.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    a moth dosnt fly through a field without it being part of something larger.

That has nothing to do with purpose :).

Purposelessness is not a put down. The world, me, you, God, whatever you want to call this - it has no purpose. That's a very beautiful thing.
    edited August 2010
    That has nothing to do with purpose :).

Purposelessness is not a put down. The world, me, you, God, whatever you want to call this - it has no purpose. That's a very beautiful thing.

Maybey its a purpose we dont understand yet in our earthly lives. But I believe there is a greater truth and purpose we can only begin to relize.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    Maybey its a purpose we dont understand yet in our earthly lives. But I believe there is a greater truth and purpose we can only begin to relize.

What's the difference between an order too complex for us to comprehend, and chaos? Wouldn't they appear exactly the same to us?

Because they are. Yin and Yang, baby. You can impose purpose on whatever you want. That's why God has left it up to man.
    edited August 2010
    What's the difference between an order too complex for us to comprehend, and chaos? Wouldn't they appear exactly the same to us?

Because they are. Yin and Yang, baby. You can impose purpose on whatever you want. That's why God has left it up to man.

If an order is too complex for us to understand it may appear to be chaos but in reality is it not a great order in the end? Just because we cant grasp it does that necessarily make it chaos?
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    If an order is too complex for us to understand it may appear to be chaos but in reality is it not a great order in the end? Just because we cant grasp it does that necessarily make it chaos?

It's neither. It's both. It's a union. Yin and yang.

What is 'order', and 'chaos'? They are words created by man, in his attempt to describe the indescribable.
    edited August 2010
    It's neither. It's both. It's a union. Yin and yang.

What is 'order', and 'chaos'? They are words created by man, in his attempt to describe the indescribable.

We can never describe the indescribable were limited there however we can try. Its like I know the indescribably but cant find the words for it its like a feeling a state of mind I suppose.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    To dance.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    I reflect the love of this sphere because I am of this sphere. Zion; remember :D
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited August 2010
    To spread you ill gotten seed.
  • KamuyKamuy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    We are the byproduct of something else's purpose, therefore whatever purpose we have is ultimately not our own. You can either conform and capitalize on what is present or create/assume fanciful delusions to give yourself meaning.

The 'conform and capitalize' includes the motion of not asking questions about your purpose among other things.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes, life is a dance, life is play. What is the 'purpose' of dancing? Is it to arrive at a particular point on the dance floor? What is the 'purpose' of music? Is it to get to the end of the song?

No, no, no. It's just play.