The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo [2009]

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
gilwithdragontatto.jpg

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132620/

A journalist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing -- or dead -- for forty years by a young female hacker.

Based on a book that I didn't read. I have it on my hard disk and I will watch it later. Looks great btw.

Comments

• wolfiewolfie Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    It's a brilliant film, probably the most important foreign film of the year- everyone should see it, especially before Hollywood ruins it with the 2012 remake. :rolleyes:

Pacing is great, acting is stellar and the moral themes are nuanced and subtle but present throughout. Much more than your average mystery/thriller.

One thing dfg and others who plan to watch it online- make sure the aspect ratio is 2.35:1, because I've heard a lot of streams out there- including netflix, altered it slightly resulting in cutting off the subtitles at the bottom. A problem if you don't speak Swedish.
  • jaconjacon Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I read the book and it was fucking awesome, I was going to download it like a month ago but I read the subtitles were messed up, not they did not appear, the english was REALLY fucked up.
    But I'm going to download it now, I almost forgot about this movie.
  • FemaraFemara Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    Fantastic movie! Although the rape scene is absolutely barbaric and will make you cringe. I got my hands on the second and third movies that are only out in Europe and they are just as good. I'll have to read the books sometime.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
  • jaconjacon Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I watched the movie, gotta say I was got pretty disappointed. I think that if you haven't read the books, the movie will be awesome, if you have... well, they will be ok.

Oh, and Femara, if the rape scene in the movie made you cringe, wait till you read the book.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    That was a pretty good movie. Not amazing, but overall fairly interesting. I've almost finished the second one, and the third awaits.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Update: Just finished watching it. Although the movie is long but it does pack a punch. The story was captivating and I loved the drama in between. Lis our Professional Hacker was pretty decent in the role. Overall, it's a great movie and if you have a taste for crime, thriller type movies, give this one a go.

If you're a sick fuck, you will love this movie as well. Some of the scenes reminded me of Dexter.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I just got the book and will start reading it once I'm done with The Wars of Gods and Men. Hollywood is coming out with its own rendition of this movie. Leave it up to them to cash in wherever they can.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Watched the movie, It didn't live up to all the hype :- ( I'm pretty sure though the book will be awesome though. I could compare my disappointment with Harry Potter, the book was great but the movie :rolleyes: Oh, and the rape scene wasn't all that barbaric, wussies :- P You want barbaric ? watch 3 guys 1 hammer, after watching that I became desensitized and lost my last shred of humanity :- (
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    AM33N wrote: »
    Watched the movie, It didn't live up to all the hype :- ( I'm pretty sure though the book will be awesome though. I could compare my disappointment with Harry Potter, the book was great but the movie :rolleyes: Oh, and the rape scene wasn't all that barbaric, wussies :- P You want barbaric ? watch 3 guys 1 hammer, after watching that I became desensitized and lost my last shred of humanity :- (

Rape scene was fun and erotic. I got hard watching it mysef :D