Favourite Pizza?

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited August 2010 in Life
Mine is a classic thick crust with mozzarella cheese. Topped with red and green bell peppers, red onions, shrimp, and bacon. Blue cheese on the side. Depending on my mood, I'll vary it a bit. Maybe add some anchovies or get a stuffed crust or something.

Comments

• muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've only ever eaten cheese pizza as I'm vegetarian, and to be honest it wasnt that good. I think pizza is overpriced and overrated
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Mine is a classic thick crust with mozzarella cheese. Topped with red and green bell peppers, red onions, shrimp, and bacon. Blue cheese on the side. Depending on my mood, I'll vary it a bit. Maybe add some anchovies or get a stuffed crust or something.

That sounds good as shit. I usually go with a pepperoni and sausage ham bacon and extra cheese with mushrooms.
  • edited July 2010
    :O Pizza is awesome.

My favorite is anything deep pan, with a stuffed cheese crust. Throw a shit load of cheese on the base, with pepperoni, chicken, sausage, spicy beef and a little seasoning, and thats a good pizza in my books.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm very basic. Pepperoni is my passion that will never die. Sometimes I like to splurge and do the Chicago style stuffed meat lovers, but then have to double over on my workout for a couple of days. I think EVERY pizza maker should be required to also offer stuffed crust with mozzarella cheese. It's a bitch to have to go to shitty pizza places like Pizza Hut to get that fix given the rest of their pizza sucks balls.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited July 2010
    I like to make my own...

Tomato paste and basil paste for the base. Then, salami, mushrooms, capsicum, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, fetta and mozarella.
  • edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I'm very basic. Pepperoni is my passion that will never die. Sometimes I like to splurge and do the Chicago style stuffed meat lovers, but then have to double over on my workout for a couple of days. I think EVERY pizza maker should be required to also offer stuffed crust with mozzarella cheese. It's a bitch to have to go to shitty pizza places like Pizza Hut to get that fix given the rest of their pizza sucks balls.

Meat lovers with freshly picked and sautéed Agaricus. Also, make sure it's a good blend of cheese.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited August 2010
    Thin crust with tons of winy sauce. Miles of roasted green pepper, onions, and Italian sausage on top. Only mozzarella cheese. Soft crust, so that i can fold the non-crust pieces in half and eat them as the sauce drips out. Ingredients mostly under the cheese so that their tastes blend with the sauce... God I'm so hungry right now :sad::mad:
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    its got to be spicy. if its got a bunch of chili peppers on it, i dont care what else they put on it
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2010
    Gotta have extra cheese maaaan.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    In the ancient Egypt the custom was to celebrate the birthday of the Pharaoh by eating a flat bun seasoned with herbs, the Greek historian Herodotus reports several Babylonian recipes while in VII B.C. Archilocus, the poet-soldier, in some lines informs us to have on his spear's tip his "kneaded bun", the typical food of the soldier.

The classic Greece shows to have known a wide range of examples that can be considered "archetipal" versions of pizza: flat pies or buns of all kinds appear to be very popular and widespread foods all over the classic age.

We find numerous testimonies of greek writers regarding these different kinds of "pizza", the so called "maza" in ancient greek: testimonies that punctually we meet again in the Latin world and ancient Rome where, among other leavened or not versions of this bun, we find the "placenta" and the "offa", prepared with water and barley, the cereal which the alimentation of the Latins was based on.

Pizza, without giving credence to other fanciful hypotheses about its origins, presents itself as a typical food of the civilizations blossomed on Mediterranean Sea's basin. And in one of Mediterranean's Queens, Naples, pizza will find its fatherland and the starting point of its worldwide diffusion. This is my 300th post.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Kinda average guy pizza. Basically I go for the Pan crust all meat with green olives and extra sauce. All meat as in hamburger sausage pepperoni and then of course those scrumptious little bacon bits.
  • 47 47 4747 47 47 Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Almost any toppings + Ranch = awesome
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    ^
    Any form of pizza with ranch iz zi best.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited August 2010
    When I order from pizza places I usually go for the BBQ Meatlovers, thick crust. But when I make my own it usually consists of Mozzarella, Capsicum, Salami and some herbs. Nice and simple.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2010
    I love the BBQ chicken pizza from Streets of New york. YUM. I normally go for the meat lovers with garlic cheese crust and extra meat. /mouthgasm
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ragin' Cajun, from Freeman's Pizza. I think it has swine on it but I can't bring myself to care.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    When you guys say capsicum do you mean pure capsicum oil? Cause that shit is expensive and beyond fucking hot.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    Deep dish with a stuffed crust. Ham and pineapples and sausages with lots of cheese and garlic and either marinara or ancho ranch to dip in.
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited August 2010
    The ones you can make yourself are almost always a lot better than fast food ones. So homemade tomato sauce with basil, onion etc. cheddar cheese, red leicester cheese, olives, tuna, anchovies, peppers (bell peppers), jalapeno peppers, red onion, mozzarella on top, salt and pepper and oregano to season. Delicious.
  • edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    When you guys say capsicum do you mean pure capsicum oil? Cause that shit is expensive and beyond fucking hot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsicum

It's just how most of the world seems to call Peppers.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsicum

It's just how most of the world seems to call Peppers.

I never knew that. I guess it makes sense to use the latin name, but I didn't realize it was so common. Here it's either peppers or chilis. I've never heard anyone call them capsicum. Learn something new every day. Anyway that makes me feel better that people aren't using capsaicin oil on their pizza.