Blunts fucked up my lungs

MegaKushMegaKush Regular
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
So ive smoked like 5 blunts over the past 3 days, not even all to myself. my lungs have been totally wrecked since i smoked the last 2 and i cant take fat hits anymore. I am never smoking a blunt again. I smoked one rolled with one of those wet wraps, i think all blunt wraps are damaging to your lungs though. its like they are not meant to be smoked or something. fucking horrible on the lungs. It hurts when i cough but i have to cough to get all the shit out of my lungs.

Has anyone else had this experience with blunts? When will it go away?

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    You're breathing in paper and lots of smoke, what did you think would happen?
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    MegaKush wrote: »
    So ive smoked like 5 blunts over the past 3 days, not even all to myself. my lungs have been totally wrecked since i smoked the last 2 and i cant take fat hits anymore. I am never smoking a blunt again. I smoked one rolled with one of those wet wraps, i think all blunt wraps are damaging to your lungs though. its like they are not meant to be smoked or something. fucking horrible on the lungs. It hurts when i cough but i have to cough to get all the shit out of my lungs.

It depends on the blunt wrap. Cured tobaccos such as most Royal Blunts are often smoother and have a good taste thanks to the flavorings. Eastwood's Green Leaf Blunts make regular wraps look good in comparison. Worst wrap I've ever had.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2010

I really don't think it's the blunts.. I've smoked 5 blunts on plenty of good days and have never felt like my lungs were getting fucked up. Perhaps you just have a little bit of lung congestion.

If it was my problem I would probably just take a day or two off from smoking ANYTHING. I would also go with Anal Probe's suggestion.. make sure you roll in a nice smooth blunt
    Eastwood's Green Leaf Blunts make regular wraps look good in comparison. Worst wrap I've ever had.

Agreed. Green Leafs taste like shit.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Blunts seem like smokeing twigs, especially with bammer, those dank blunts can be nice when you got a bit of bud backed up.
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    Back when I used to smoke a ton of blunts I'd wake up and have trouble breathing all the time.

I still do every so often. Years of smoking = damaged lungs. :(
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    My lungs feel kinda fucked today. I know your pain!
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmm.. matter of fact mine are hurting too.

Or maybe I'm just high? :confused:
  • edited August 2010
    duuude wrote: »
    Hmm.. matter of fact mine are hurting too.

Or maybe I'm just high? :confused:

They do make my lungs hurt but after a day or two, it subsides.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    I mostly smoke bongs, mostly. Sometimes I will smoke a pipe, and sometimes I will roll up a joint of pure weed. But mostly, I like the bong.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    Obbe wrote: »
    I mostly smoke bongs, mostly. Sometimes I will smoke a pipe, and sometimes I will roll up a joint of pure weed. But mostly, I like the bong.

nothin beats the billy
  • edited August 2010
    If you were using store-bought wraps, your lungs hurt because of the shitty ingredients that they used to make it.

If you were using cigars, your lungs hurt because you're not supposed to inhale lots of cigar smoke.

Either way.
    edited August 2010
    If you were using store-bought wraps, your lungs hurt because of the shitty ingredients that they used to make it.

If you were using cigars, your lungs hurt because you're not supposed to inhale any cigar smoke.

Either way.

Fixed. I smoke cigars (i.e. puff on them) every so often. That smoke shouldn't ever be inhaled.
  • edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    That smoke shouldn't ever be inhaled.

That never stopped me. When I'd buy a Swisher Sweet, I would smoke it like I would a cig (until the end/roach/whatever; then I just puffed it) and liked the heavy nicotine buzz.

EDIT: Post 1,000 Yay!
  • edited August 2010
    Fixed. I smoke cigars (i.e. puff on them) every so often. That smoke shouldn't ever be inhaled.

I only say some because I know that people often use cigars to make blunts, meaning they'd inevitably inhale some cigar smoke. I sort of meant that they should try to keep the cigar:weed ratio low.

I remember the first blunt I smoked, before I had ever had tobacco in my life. I got such a buzz from the nicotine and shit. It overpowered the weed for the first few minutes. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2010
    I only say some because I know that people often use cigars to make blunts, meaning they'd inevitably inhale some cigar smoke. I sort of meant that they should try to keep the cigar:weed ratio low.

I remember the first blunt I smoked, before I had ever had tobacco in my life. I got such a buzz from the nicotine and shit. It overpowered the weed for the first few minutes. :thumbsup:

Yeah you're right about the buzz. If a noob smokes a full bodied cigar s/he'll get a pretty nice buzz. The amount of nicotine in a single cigar can equal or exceed that of a full pack of cigarettes.
    edited August 2010
    That never stopped me. When I'd buy a Swisher Sweet, I would smoke it like I would a cig (until the end/roach/whatever; then I just puffed it) and liked the heavy nicotine buzz.

EDIT: Post 1,000 Yay!

I was more referring to real, handmade cigars.

cs5va.jpg
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited August 2010
    stres wrote: »
    nothin beats the billy

I would slap somebody if they ever called my bong a billy.

Also, blunts are shitty
  • edited August 2010
    I was more referring to real, handmade cigars.

cs5va.jpg

I is too poor to afford hand-rolled cigars, lol. I've been wanting to pick up some for quite a while now. All my money seems to find its way elsewhere.
    edited August 2010
    I is too poor to afford hand-rolled cigars, lol. I've been wanting to pick up some for quite a while now. All my money seems to find its way elsewhere.

www.cigarsinternational.com You can get 10 pack sampler of some good ones for $20. Sometimes they offer free shipping.
  • theinvadertheinvader Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Blunts are for niggers who waste weed and have never heard of a bong.
    Bongs are king, imo. Fun to smoke, but if you really need portability I go with a tasty jay. I've never gotten any higher smoking blunts over a couple joints; but i like tobacco as it makes munchies seemingly evaporate for me.

Why waste a a cigar; they are fucking nice when you are dry and you have a few in your stash box. I have a cherry blackstone cigarillo in my stash now and i'm saving it for a rainy day.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited August 2010
    joints are gay. They burn like a match when they are lit, and they side-burn (burn unevenly) if you don't hit it exactly the right way. I guess if you have a ton of weed to spare joints are ok.

Pipe/bong is king. Vaporizers conserve but they are too much hassle most of the time
    edited August 2010
    joints are gay. They burn like a match when they are lit, and they side-burn (burn unevenly) if you don't hit it exactly the right way. I guess if you have a ton of weed to spare joints are ok.

Pipe/bong is king. Vaporizers conserve but they are too much hassle most of the time

Way to fail at rolling joints:facepalm:
  • Time Out! Sasquatch.Time Out! Sasquatch. Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »
    Way to fail at rolling joints:facepalm:

Joints requiring more skill to roll well across different qualitys of pot. Every serious marijuana user should know how to roll a decent joint and blunt.

Blunts may be easier to learn how to roll semidecently, but they require just as much skill to roll expertly, and every cigar brand and type of cigar is different.

Fuck wraps.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2010

So what you are saying is you don't know how to roll a joint properly.
  • edited August 2010
    Joints requiring more skill to roll well across different qualitys of pot. Every serious marijuana user should know how to roll a decent joint and blunt.

Blunts may be easier to learn how to roll semidecently, but they require just as much skill to roll expertly, and every cigar brand and type of cigar is different.

Fuck wraps.

This. Zig-Zag wraps (the two-for-one deals), for instance, tear more easily than more expensive wraps.

Also, my joints ALWAYS burn evenly and fairly slowly unless I just roll a turd. The key for compressed bammer is to make sure there are NO unbroken chunks and before rolling, I always fluff it up to create air pockets. Endo most importantly requires that there is adequate air flow. Sometimes higher quality bud can burn unevenly due to the resin content so airflow is the most important to maintain. This happens once every blue moon or so.
  • edited August 2010

Pretty much.

I personally don't even like wasting the little puff of smoke coming off of my bowl when I hit it. I silently weep every time (though the taste of a d00b is supreme) I see those clouds of smoke come of a Cannabis cigarette.
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited August 2010
    are you mixing tobacco with the weed? the leaf shouldnt do much
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited August 2010

Yeah because im sure you just roll these perfect joints that don't run at all and never sideburn

faggot
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2010
    Yeah because im sure you just roll these perfect joints that don't run at all and never sideburn

faggot

If you clean the weed properly (like in a grinder) and know how to roll it really is not that big of a deal. I have been hand rolling my own cigarettes since Ft. Stewart, GA in 1980 so yeah, faggot, my joints don't run. When you get off the porch with the puppies and think you are ready to run with the big dogs look my up kid.
    edited August 2010

faggot

Haha, it doesn't take nearly a perfect joint to not run. Even my sub-par joints don't run these days. Back when I was 15, sure, but now that I know how to roll, I haven't smoked a joint (of mine) and had it run in years.

lrn2roll
    edited August 2010
    I have a buddy who does that, aha. He'll go to put a slight cone on it and 100% of the time, without fail, he ends up with a massive, Rasta cone. Which is shitty. All you need on your joint is a slight, slight cone, anything more is dumb.
    edited August 2010
    Origami doesn't get you high though.

Hmmm, maybe we should start a new field of origami?
    edited August 2010
    Me and my buddy back in the day had a plan to roll a joint in the shape of every letter of the alphabet.

We had more fun imagining it than actually trying it, shit's hard.
  • edited August 2010
    Erorr wrote: »
    My problem with rolling is always the ends. I go to cone and make myself a tight as hell roach area with a gaping vagina for the top of a cone.

I have my on and off days. Last year I was a machine from so much practice but lately I never really roll up or buy rolling tobacco so I roll with that old school " pssst i got this " mentality and make subpar yet pretty nice rolls. Usually there great just sometimes lumpy or alittle tight.

Who cares either way, No one gets this heated over origami

I've had gaping ends before. If when rolling it up the ends get loose, I roll it back down, please more material in the ends, even out the contents, and roll it half way like normal. Then I make sure when getting it from 2/3 of the way up to the gum, I make sure my thumbs roll outwards to the edges. This gets rid of those little pockets in the paper which make it slip and not roll securely. I was taught by a veteran with 35 years experience :D
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    DO NOT SMOKE BLUNTWRAPS. I am pretty fuckin sure they are filled with extra toxic shit and additives to make them what they are. They taste like shit, roll like shit, and will give you seizures.

Smoke dutch masters blunts - take the outer wrapping of tobacco leaves off
    If you are about to smoke like 5 swishers take the outer wrapping of tobaccoy leafy shit off other i leave it on
    If you are a pro then smoke an all natural tobacoo leaf, its not cigar-like at all, its fucking DELICIOUS, and very hard to roll.

DUDE DONT SAY YOU ARE NEVER SMOKING BLUNTS AGAIN ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY