Totse.info growth rate

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
This is from the 12th. 6 days ago:
LSA King wrote: »
I think this says it all...

Totse.info on top - open for less than 2 months.

Totse2 on bottom - open almost as long as Zoklet.

132214154c3cbb07726a1.jpg

We're going places.

Today:

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users: 35 (25 members and 10 guests)
View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 76, 07-12-2010 at 10:53 PM.
fanglekai, 1337, BaconPie, Big baby jesus, Brock Samson, Dr. Awkward, Erorr, evil_monkey, FingerBlaster, Hellish, HTS-Noob, hungng, jarkof, mashlehash, MegaKush, meta, Morningside, poast-bortem!, Professor Oak+, Psynthetic, TheGreenDoctor, Vermicide, weathers, wood

Community Statistics
Threads: 1,724, Posts: 19,675, Members: 536, Active Members: 502
Welcome to our newest member, Vito

Compare the 12th with today:
Threads: 1,090, Posts: 10,356, Members: 437, Active Members: 399
Threads: 1,724, Posts: 19,675, Members: 536, Active Members: 502

We've added 634 threads, 9319 posts, 99 members, and 103 Active Members in 6 days. Keep it up!

Comments

• HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    Thats not that many unfortunately.
    edited July 2010

Isn't that ANY search for totse? Like I said though, I'm tagging totse.info all over town once I get some spray paint.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Operation FYW will help bring in more traffic. Obviously the numbers are low, but gaining that many members in 6 days with the fucked up register button and all the other issues isn't bad. Right now Zoklet has 63 members online. We have 34.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    Isn't that ANY search for totse? Like I said though, I'm tagging totse.info all over town once I get some spray paint.

Yes it is but I had hoped to see a rise over the last month or few weeks at least.
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Operation FYW will help bring in more traffic. Obviously the numbers are low, but gaining that many members in 6 days with the fucked up register button and all the other issues isn't bad. Right now Zoklet has 63 members online. We have 34.

We seem to always have 34....
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Cos we have a dedicated base of users who have no lives, and are thus on 24/7.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, the wordpress move will begin shortly, and after that, all links will be based off the same file. Thus, any changed take a minute.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Thats not that many unfortunately.

If we could continue to grow at 100 a week, which is slow and steady and wont leave us with a bunch of bullshit bots, and users that isn't bad at all. The key is maintaining the "Active Users" vs Total Registered over time as &Z's quickly dropped and their DB failure proved to show the true stats of 2,200 to the more realistic 1,600.

Thanks for point it the stats out fanglekai. It's hard to believe that was a week ago when I posted that.
    edited July 2010
    If we could continue to grow at 100 a week, which is slow and steady and wont leave us with a bunch of bullshit bots, and users that isn't bad at all. The key is maintaining the "Active Users" vs Total Registered over time as &Z's quickly dropped and their DB failure proved to show the true stats of 2,200 to the more realistic 1,600.

Thanks for point it the stats out fanglekai. It's hard to believe that was a week ago when I posted that.

Didn't totse.com have like 14,000 active members?
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010

Well according to the Archives it was like 7,000+ but I am sure before the switch to Vbull it was way more than that. I still think it was. I keep forgetting to start a thread about whether or not all threads/posts/stats were lost in the transition from UBB to Vbull because those do not look correct from what I remembered.
    edited July 2010

I remember it was some ridiculous number, but it was also up and running for what, 20 years or something?
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    Well according to the Archives it was like 7,000+ but I am sure before the switch to Vbull it was way more than that. I still think it was. I keep forgetting to start a thread about whether or not all threads/posts/stats were lost in the transition from UBB to Vbull because those do not look correct from what I remembered.

I know the totse.com archives have threads from way before the switch to VBulletin. I definitely remember looking up UBB threads in the archives like, right after I joined.

Maybe I'm just fucking high right now.
    edited August 2010
    I wanted to bump this for comparison.

7-12-10: Threads: 1,090, Posts: 10,356, Members: 437, Active Members: 399

7-18-10: Threads: 1,724, Posts: 19,675, Members: 536, Active Members: 502

8-8-10: Threads: 3,402, Posts: 43,921, Members: 685, Active Members: 589

Seems like a slow but steady growth rate. Everyone needs to retweet Dfg's tweets so we can get more exposure and new members.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    The growth will pickup in few days :). It got a bit delayed in the last two days. EVERYONE, contribute like mad.
    edited August 2010
    We doubled our threads and post count in a few weeks. Added 150 new members. Not bad, but we can do better!
    edited August 2010
    I think someone is fucking with the statistics, because it seems a LOT slower......

Also: Someone needs to fix this shit where after a couple hours the threads appear old and un replied too.
  • edited August 2010
    Of course things are going to be slower after the initial surge of new members. It's usually how things work - a place starts up, everyone tells everyone they can until they run out of people to tell.

Right now we have a fairly steady growth rate, and it will continue to rise as long as we get exposure. Its going well, people :)
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited August 2010
    So what about the web hosting though ? Once there's more traffic there's more problems. We need to plan in advance people !

maybe its wishful thinking, but I don't give a fuck :mad:

seriously though, I thought Altushost sucked. What do ? :confused:
  • edited August 2010
    They suck pretty bad in my opinion too, but I dunno. I have no idea what's happening there.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Well, I disabled some features and it seems everything is working. Blame Hot Topics and Wordpress. Don't worry it will be fixed ASAP.
  • edited August 2010
    So, is Altushost good to go for the moment then? Or will we need to upgrade when more members come along?
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited August 2010
    Cool beans.

they will not be missed :mad:
    edited September 2010

9-14-10: Threads: 4,898, Posts: 63,393, Members: 801, Active Members: 760
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    41 people are huge faggots :angry:
  • edited September 2010
    We're going nice and steadily. That "active" number is going to decrease, and we'll gradually get closer "members" and "active members" figures, for a better estimation of how many people actually post here. At least, I think that's how it works.
  • edited September 2010
    mrbenfield wrote: »
    i dont remember whose idea it was, but i saw it on here a few days ago. i write totse.info on all of my paper money.

I think that might have been my idea. I can't remember, but I certainly made a thread on it a while back.

Anyway, its great to see you doing this too :D Every note I've used since I signed up here, I've written on :D
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    I missed that thread apparently but that is a great idea. Money see's so many hands and eyes! I'm in.
  • edited September 2010
    I missed that thread apparently but that is a great idea. Money see's so many hands and eyes! I'm in.

http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=1783&highlight=Writing+money

Here's the thread. Wasn't my idea after all, it was Jack :D
    edited December 2010

9-14-10: Threads: 4,898, Posts: 63,393, Members: 801, Active Members: 760

12-13-10: Threads: 7,861, Posts: 100,643, Members: 1,649, Active Members: 1,037
    Wut u think?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like exponential growth to me :D
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Yep, we fucking rock, this will eventually be even better than the old totse, we have the power, we have the technology. Death to those who oppose us.
    edited December 2010
    7x the threads, 10x the posts and 4x the members in just a few months. Let's keep it up.
  • edited December 2010
    Yep, we're doing well :D Now we just need to keep up the pace, and don't stop delivering.

We need more content, and for the rest of the site to get fixed and fall into place.