Assumptions.

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
This fits the style of Bitch and Moan, but I wanted some discussion about it, as I'm sure it's happened to many people before.

When people make assumptions, thinking that they know best, or know something in general, which is often completely wrong - all because of assumptions.

The other day, I walked into a music festival and had my bag checked for "suspicious materials". Fair enough, they wanted to check my bag. After all, I look like a suicide bomber. Anyway, the woman looked at me funny after checking my bag, and said "you DO realize, that if you actually DO have something on you and you get caught, you WILL be thrown out, right?"

She totally assumed that I was going to be smuggling shit in, which was actually kind of offensive to me, and it's not the first time something like that has happened either.

Comments

• KowKow Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    The other day, I walked into a music festival and had my bag checked for "suspicious materials". Fair enough, they wanted to check my bag. After all, I look like a suicide bomber. Anyway, the woman looked at me funny after checking my bag, and said "you DO realize, that if you actually DO have something on you and you get caught, you WILL be thrown out, right?"

Here I thought you were just frisking me 'cause you liked me.

I find it worse that people assume you DO know things that you don't.
  • edited August 2010
    Kow wrote: »
    Here I thought you were just frisking me 'cause you liked me.

I find it worse that people assume you DO know things that you don't.

I agree with that too. Especially when someone's like "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO *insert action here*", assuming you had a clue about it.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I agree with that too. Especially when someone's like "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO *insert action here*", assuming you had a clue about it.

9 times out of 10, you should have known. :o:o:o:o
  • edited August 2010
    The good thing is that you can learn from things like that, and know for the future. Then you can be that person yelling at another noob who comes along and makes the same mistake.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    I love people that think I can read their mind. Really, it's a magnificent train of thought. I'm fucking David Blaine.
  • PeoplePeople Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    This thread makes no sense.
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me, and thats bad.
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    9 times out of 10, you should have known. :o:o:o:o

W78VnHByoqjc7qgw9p2KVSqKo1_500.jpg
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2010
    why u assume people make assumptions?