Public displays of affection — Totseans

Public displays of affection

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited August 2010 in Life
How many of you show public displays of affection? How far will you go when people are around? What are the limits of what you're comfortable with? Does your partner embarrass you?

A few years ago I was with a girl who wanted to hang all over me in public. It was embarrassing and awkward. She wanted to make out in public and be grabby. To me that was way too much. I would have sex in a park, car, or other public place, but probably not with people around.

Share your stories.

Comments

  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    Do the public displays of self ~ affection, count?

    I masturbate on public transport every few days depending on the time and my surroundings..
  • thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll put an arm around his waist/hold hands. If the place is nearly empty or we're outside I'll give him a little kiss. I think it's kind of weird when a couple's basically fucking in the middle of the mall
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I've never been comfortable making out or getting really physical in public. Maybe if everyone else did it, but it's awkward to be "that couple" in my opinion.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah im the same way. i dont feel comfortable doing that in public. just get a room will ya'
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    holding waist and a little peck is no biggy but i really agree there is a line. I would never start making out right there in the middle of a public place. Its weird and a tad rude. But once when I didnt expect to get caught I was getting a BJ in a friends car. he found out after we were caught and was so fucking pissed at me. It was a :facepalm: moment I felt so bad.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I used to be the creepy clingy one in the relationship but now its the other way around. Holding hands is fine I'm not really all that affectionate unless I get really close to a person though. Kissing in public would be a no no in my book.

    There was this girl I was hanging out with shortly after a break up and she was all over me. I wasn't at all into her (she was fugly and short, reminded me of an ugly kirby). We were at a cemetery at night with a few friends. I didn't reciprocate but I didn't stop her either.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2010
    holding hands and arm around sometimes with a peck here and there and a grabadatass!
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I hate it. My ex used to want to do it and even holding hands would piss me off. If I had my way, anyone under the age of 30 holding hands in public would be flogged.

    Pakistan zinzibar!
    J/k.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Only if it's night time.
  • edited August 2010
    I was at a cafe at an airport lounge waiting to pick someone up, and there was this couple at the opposite table who just couldn't keep their mouths off each other. What's worse is that when their food came and they started eating, they STILL kept at it! :(
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    I was at a cafe at an airport lounge waiting to pick someone up, and there was this couple at the opposite table who just couldn't keep their mouths off each other. What's worse is that when their food came and they started eating, they STILL kept at it! :(

    Dude thats sick. Talking with food in your mouth is one thing but fucking sharing each others tongue. That is disgusting.
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited August 2010
    Kissing is fine for me. Public sex, not so much.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    Dude thats sick. Talking with food in your mouth is one thing but fucking sharing each others tongue. That is disgusting.

    It's like the scene in Good Will Hunting where they kiss while eating hamburgers. That part grosses me out to no end.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    ^
    I agree completely. If i ever saw a couple doing that i would prolly take there food and throw them in there face.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    My boyfriend completely freaks out if I'm affectionate towards him in public, it's not nice :(

    Like even me taking his arm when we were at a wedding he was like don't people are watching. I think he judges it by the way his friends are and it pisses me off :mad:
  • wolfiewolfie Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    If we're out as a couple, things like small pecks or holding hands- that sort of level is fine. At night maybe a bit more.

    If we're out as part of a group of friends, nearly nothing- maybe hand holding. I can't stand those couples who go out with a group and sit on each other's laps during conversation or have their arms wrapped around each other the whole time. It's awkward, it's like they can't just be two individuals participating.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2010
    wolfie wrote: »
    I can't stand those couples who go out with a group and sit on each other's laps during conversation or have their arms wrapped around each other the whole time. It's awkward, it's like they can't just be two individuals participating.
    QFT. damn attention whores :hrmph:
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    My boyfriend completely freaks out if I'm affectionate towards him in public, it's not nice :(

    Like even me taking his arm when we were at a wedding he was like don't people are watching. I think he judges it by the way his friends are and it pisses me off :mad:

    Ok that is a bit to much. It sounds like he is not proud to see you. I mean hand holding is just a sign of affection not a pda there is a difference. I cant stand people that constantly are kissing and what not but holding hands.... That is just like saying hey your my gf and I want the world to know. But at a wedding you couldnt hold his arm. Sounds like an epic waste of your time to me.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    Ok that is a bit to much. It sounds like he is not proud to see you. I mean hand holding is just a sign of affection not a pda there is a difference. I cant stand people that constantly are kissing and what not but holding hands.... That is just like saying hey your my gf and I want the world to know. But at a wedding you couldnt hold his arm. Sounds like an epic waste of your time to me.

    This.
  • edited August 2010
    I have no problem exchanging french kisses with my partner in public.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Good to know.
  • FiremindFiremind Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Dislike it, have not contributed to it either.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    Id fuck in public if it could get away with it.
Sign In or Register to comment.