12 year old boy arrested for gunpoint robbery

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/08/11/bc-nanaimo-boy-armed-robbery-arrest.html

A 12-year-old Vancouver Island boy, who police say has a long criminal history, has been arrested for allegedly robbing a man at gunpoint.

Nanaimo RCMP said they arrested the boy at about 11:30 a.m. PT on Tuesday after an armed robbery in the area of Terminal Avenue and Nicol Street.

Police said the victim was getting out of his car when two male bicyclists approached him.

One of them pointed a gun and demanded the victim's cellphone and other items.

The victim called police, who later found and arrested the 12-year-old boy in the area. He can't be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Police say they are still investigating whether the 18-year-old on the other bike was involved.

They said the boy has had more than 100 run-ins with police since the age of nine. Some of his arrests and convictions have been for serious offences, police said, but the nature of the crimes cannot be released because of his age.

The boy was scheduled to appear in Nanaimo Provincial Court on Wednesday.

This kid's life is probably done. 100 run-ins with the cops in 3 years, that's more than I could ever hope to get.

Comments

• CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited August 2010
    It is pretty fucked that a 12 year old can have a "long criminal history". He is probably in such a fucked up enviroment that he is just adapting naturaly, like most animals do into whatever enviroment they are born into. I guess he can look foward to either a life getting fucked up the ass or a corrective lobotomy.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy shit. How could a 12 year run into the cops 100 times in 3 years. Seriously you think after about 10 or 20 they would have gave him to a foster home and prolly put him under house arrest.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a feeling this will not be the last time we hear about this kid.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    They should just kill him and be done with it. No need to send him to rehab or other BS. One bullet to head will save him from becoming a serial killer in future.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yea I mean theres really no hope for someone whose done all that by 12. He's almost guaranteed to escalate and shows he's just not able to function in society. Also Id bet my life hes of the Negro persuasion.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Is it racist I immediately pictured him as being black? I feel sorry for kids like this. His life is probably completely fucked up and always has been. I'm surprised he hasn't been stuck in juvenile detention. Around here if you do anything you go through the whole system. 100 run ins with the cops sounds weird. Maybe they never had evidence or something. Kids his age should be shop lifting packs of gum, not robbing people at gunpoint.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Is it racist I immediately pictured him as being black? I feel sorry for kids like this. His life is probably completely fucked up and always has been. I'm surprised he hasn't been stuck in juvenile detention. Around here if you do anything you go through the whole system. 100 run ins with the cops sounds weird. Maybe they never had evidence or something. Kids his age should be shop lifting packs of gum, not robbing people at gunpoint.

This is about 100 percent what I was thinking. I pictured him to look like that black kid from the movie role models. But yeah everything you said is about exactly what I was thinking.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Gonna do some speculating here, and if any of you want some background on the environment there, Vancouver Island is a boring little place where mostly old people live. There's not much for a kid to do there, but that's no excuse for him to turn to crime. It's quite possible that he's a nigger, as it's mostly inhabited by white people, so he might feel that he doesn't fit in. I wonder what his parents are like.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    A lot of the stuff you just said mayberry are huge contributions to why he became like he did but still no excuse for that much.