Official IRC Channel

abrnabrn Abrn
edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
ORIGINAL POST BELOW BOLDED SHIT

Hey, totse has an IRC chat channel.
Server: irc.totse.info
channel: #totse
If you don't know what IRC is its pretty much a chat system or protocol. Its like any built in java chat but its a type of server that you can connect to with your choice of client. For people that want it easy and quick you can use a popular web-client(browser-based) client mibbit( http://www.mibbit.com/chat ). Just put in the info and hit go! Or scroll down and find grovenet on the list. Probably the webchat on totse.info will be updated soon.
If you want to use a real client download mIRC or xChat for windows, irssi or weechat for linux, colloquy for mac, there is also clients for most smart-phone type shit. Just google instructions its easy! Get into your window on your client, type /server irc.totse.info ( hit enter ) /join #totse (hit enter) BLAHB LAHBLBHALHBL IMA FAGGOT (hit enter). /nick newnamegoeshere to change your name /query or /msg to private chat people. /topic to see the topic

msg abrn darthvineman dolphin or onesan for any help, requests, or questions

Chatting is the only thing in the world better than posting on a forum. I am a professional ass IRCer and chatter. I would like to get in touch with the administrators of this website to get a better chatroom going than the bullshit one on slashnet. pro.worldchatter.net #totse is a private server that we can all safely use. Slashnet has shitty fuckin opers that wont help you with anything besides permanently banning you or leaking your IP address to everyone. Some of the operators on slashnet include Trueborn an NSA SPY who as admitted to spying on people on slashnet and ZOK who is a faggot and is likely to ruin the chatting of anybody from totse.info .

Everyone please check out pro.worldchatter.net #totse and talk the the user blnt. I have been on irc and totse for 10+ years and along with my friend DarthVineman(almighty vineman leader of #totsebb and legendary totsean) I gaurentee that you will be provided with an A+ chatting experience.

Also this irc network is edgy and exclusive and revolutionary unlike slashnet that is renowned to be the shittest network ever created.

IRC is very easy you can check out how to use it on google

Comments

• edited August 2010
    You are a professional chatter? :facepalm:
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    yeah motherfucker. i chat professionally. let me live my life dickhead
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Okay, I will try it but it's a bit hard for everyone to migrate from Slashnet. But I honestly don't like the control in the hands of others whom I don't trust [except for onerios].
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    For X-chat

pro.worldchatter.net/6667

#totse
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    How do you set it up in x-chat? I've never used the program before.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    mibbit.com is a very easy way to use irc
    in xchat type /server pro.worldchatter.net then /join #totse

here is a log

14:41 < Dfg> I would prefer having a seperate channel on another network
    beside Slashnet anyway
    14:41 < Dfg> it makes it harder for new users
    14:42 <~blnt> i think its better to have it here for a lot of reasons
    14:42 < Dfg> I am listening
    14:42 <~blnt> 1. fuck slashnet 2. fuck slashnet #totse 3. fuck zok and
    trueborn being operators 4. slashnet is a shit network and you
    will receive 0 help from operators except abuse 5. this is a
    pro ass network and private/more secure
    14:43 <~blnt> we can even get irc.totse.info linked to here
    14:43 <~blnt> very easily
    14:43 <~blnt> dont expect something so simple from those assholes @ slashnet
    14:44 < Dfg> All solid points :)
    14:44 < Dfg> Just post this in that thread
    14:44 < Dfg> and hopefully users will join in
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    How do you set it up in x-chat? I've never used the program before.
    http://xchat.org/docs/start/

channel.JPG
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ah I see what I was doing wrong. Thanks.
  • edited August 2010
    Hmm... I'm listening. I'll have a look.

I was just curious how you popped up out of nowhere and brought all this IRC stuff with you :D
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    Well I used totse.com for many years. I know darthvineman IRL and he showed me totse.info and since i am an avid ircer i said I MUST CREATE A CHATROOM!
  • edited August 2010
    Haha, awesome. Well, let's see how many people migrate over to your one. It already seems to be looking cooler, haha.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Doesn't matter which IRC network you go to, Global Ops are generally assholes unless you are running your own network. If you notice, only the half-assed torrent and pirate hosting sites use pre-established IRC networks, most host their own. Privacy is always going to be a concern if you're on someone else's network no matter what they say.

Not to mention IRC itself is a insecure protocol these days. One of the many reasons why you won't find criminals using it anymore. Either way I'm indifferent to the idea as IRC just annoys me.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    LSA King wrote: »

This is in fact a privately run irc. It was actually created because of global oper abuse and because of the shittiness of large networks. There is no opers on the network, just a single o-line that can be dragged out in case of emergency or important administrative tasks.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    abrn wrote: »
    This is in fact a privately run irc. It was actually created because of global oper abuse and because of the shittiness of large networks. There is no opers on the network, just a single o-line that can be dragged out in case of emergency or important administrative tasks.

Very interesting, I'll have to take a look.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    Hey just bumping this thread. Haven't really seen many stop by but you guys should come check it out! Dfg says once more of you guys join and once Hellish checks it out it will be all set up! Just come in there and chat I'll be in there all afternoon.
  • edited August 2010
    abrn wrote: »
    along with my friend DarthVineman(almighty vineman leader of #totsebb and legendary totsean)

:thumbsup:

But yeah, I give my endorsement to this IRC venture.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited August 2010
    HI KIDs!
    DO YOU LIKE VIOLENCE?
    DO YOU WANT TO GET DDOS'D WITH PACKETS UP TO YOUR EYELIDS?
    THEN KEEP SPAMMING ALTERNATIVE TOTSE.INFO IRC CHANNELS AND WE'LL RAID YOU LIKE PIRATES!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    v0x wrote: »
    HI KIDs!
    DO YOU LIKE VIOLENCE?
    DO YOU WANT TO GET DDOS'D WITH PACKETS UP TO YOUR EYELIDS?
    THEN KEEP SPAMMING ALTERNATIVE TOTSE.INFO IRC CHANNELS AND WE'LL RAID YOU LIKE PIRATES!

Yeah, I fixed that spamming problem. Won't happen again :).
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    I'll take the packets. Are they candy!?!??!?!?! ^_^_^_^_^______________~~~_^_^_^_^_^_^
  • edited August 2010
    Lmfao, v0x - I read all that in exactly the right Eminem voice :D
    Also, IRC is cool.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    just reporting that we are officially registered with mibbit and should be on mibbit's drop down IRC network list

^_^
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    bumpin cause updated
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Lmfao, v0x - I read all that in exactly the right Eminem voice :D
    Also, IRC is cool.

Hehe thanks, the inspiration came from Eminem and lots of alchohol. I'm not going to DDoS abrn's network, I was just angry at the 2 or 3 totse.info irc clones that seemed to be advertising on Slashnet 24/7 (which are now gone; thanks Dfg), and really drunk. I'll be happy to idle in #totse on Grovenet.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I understand bro. However, this one seems to be a really good replacement, the man in charge seems to know what he's doing. Its all good :D
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    So whats up with you saying "fuck all" with the channel now?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Channel is active, auburn got bored. Nothing to worry about :).
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    nah some weirdo channer faggots were fucking with my shell, which i thought was secure. i dont give a shit, i have had a new shell for a few weeks that is 100% secure and inaccessible by everyone that isnt a piece of shit, i was just lazy and didnt move all my ircing to it.

tl;dr: spy channer faggots that are obsessed with weird shit got on my IRC client and fucked with shit, got a more secure IRC, wont happen again