The BEST thanks-type idea you've heard all day

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Ok, you guys are probably tired of hearing about thank this, rep that. But let's hope this is the last one.

I don't know if everybody feels the same, but for me, a thanks system is for users to point out what posts they agree with and think are quality posts. The problem is that in the classic thanks system, users with more thanks take it as an e-peen.

Here's my solution: Allow posts to be thanked, but do not count them on the poster. This way, quality posts can be pointed out while keeping e-peen away. Perhaps put a number of stars on each post that reaches a certain number of thanks. The important thing is that nothing is recorded on the poster.

Just my rough idea. Opinions?

Comments

• Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited August 2010

Sorry I just wanted an excuse to post that. :o But seriously, no thanks of any kind, even though that was one of the better suggestions.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I'd rather not have one, but just seems a lot of people do. Just an idea that could possibly satisfy both sides.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    So long as we have the thanks notice say FUCK YEAH:thumbsup: I'm for it.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited August 2010
    The majority of the community are retards.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    A thanks system would be nice, people who take their time to make interesting, informative and helpful threads should at least get recognized for their hard work.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuck thanks. No more thanks suggestions, plz.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't understand with the hate
    I thinks this idea is fine, I myself find thanks is not really needed but if there's a bunch of people wants them then why not. If you talking about elitism post count does it worse.