Lol totse.info is still up? — Totseans

Lol totse.info is still up?

RainycityRainycity Acolyte
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
www.zoklet.net
stop being faggots.
«1

Comments

  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Zoklet, been there done that. Modded that place over a year in fact. Turns out it's still shit. I monitor Zoklet from time to time and trust me, beside lame Forum drama it has nothing new to offer. All the good threads were made in the past and real contributors just left. Whereas on Totse. The top contributors are moving back in. And unlike Zoklet, there contributions and efforts don't go to waste.

    Rainycity, life is all about challenges. If you pussy out on rebuilding Totse or doing something that only few have balls to do, then you can't survive in the real world. You have to take chances, you have to stand up for what you believe in. If you think changing administrations will fix things then you're wrong. The problem lies with the foundations. I tried my best on Zoklet, I gave it my time to make it a heaven for rare information to make it a fun place. But in the end it didn't work. Zoklet foundations were different. They're messed up and it had no direction or focus.

    We're rebuilding Totse, no matter what you do, it will stay here and it will outshine Zoklet. It will do things that Zoklet couldn't. Its foundations are solid and I don't care if we have only 20 active users on Totse. I would be happy with 20 committed users than 100 regulars who just shit and troll everywhere.

    I have seen ideas come to life, i have seen dynamic business models take flight and WOW the world. You think that a site such as this cannot succeed? You're dead wrong. I am warrior and I am a cyber terrorist. I am gifted with creative thinking and I love this place and its users. As long as I can, I will fight to the bitter end. And I will never give up. For me, this is my last stand and I am not going down without an epic fight.


    THIS IS TOTSE MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited August 2010
    How about you just go back to Zoklet.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited August 2010
    DFG you're a real terrorist, not a cyber terrorist.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    We may not be as big as Zoklet YET but the userbase we already have is far better than what zoklet has to offer. Id say the quality of posts and threads is far better than what zoklet ever had. Zoklet's all just people bitching and causing drama. This site will become great and you cant deny how good its going so far for being such a young site.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    DFG you're a real terrorist, not a cyber terrorist.

    Hush, FBI is watching :D.
    Panic! wrote: »
    How about you just go back to Zoklet.

    He can't actually.
    We may not be as big as Zoklet YET but the userbase we already have is far better than what zoklet has to offer. Id say the quality of posts and threads is far better than what zoklet ever had. Zoklet's all just people bitching and causing drama. This site will become great and you cant deny how good its going so far for being such a young site.
    ^This
  • edited August 2010
    As slow as Totse.info is now, we still prefer it to Zoklet.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Meh, there is no one and nothing worth hanging around for on zoklet anymore, in my opinion. The threads are shit, most of the cool people moved here, and it's just boring. I think zoklet is a bit past it's prime. If I had any reason to go back, I would, but really, this place is much more interesting than zoklet ever was, even if it's a bit slow...
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm still posting on both for now. I'm interested to see what fish will do to change the place. That being said i'd still consider totse my new home.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Rainycity wrote: »
    stop being faggots.



    Ironic ain't it?
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited August 2010
    I like it here.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuck off.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    did they remove the thanks system yet? no? oh I see
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »

    I couldn't read it. It's just.... depressing.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I distinctly do NOT miss zoklet...it sucks monkey cocks.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »

    Damn, when did that happen. What are the mods doing. See that's why I prefer mods who are top contributors. At least they know what's good or bad.
  • edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Damn, when did that happen. What are the mods doing. See that's why I prefer mods who are top contributors. At least they know what's good or bad.

    Damn straight.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Damn, when did that happen. What are the mods doing. See that's why I prefer mods who are top contributors. At least they know what's good or bad.

    The mods post in those threads. The Cheshire Cat and HLC posted in the dick one. zuperxtreme posted in the pussy one.

    Look at how the mods post. Silkysmooth, wires and psycho8b are the mods of LL&R.

    Silksmooth: .88 posts/day. Started threads: 11. Total started threads in LL&R: 3. The last one was in May.

    Wires: 4 posts/day. Started threads in LL&R in 2010: 5. 3 were requests by people to post threads anonymously and 1 was to welcome silkysmooth as mod. She started 1 actual thread in 2010 in her forum.

    psycho_8b: 3.9 posts/day. Started threads in LL&R in 2010: 2. One was requested by someone to post the thread anonymously. He started 1 thread in 2010 in his forum.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Glad I passed zoklet and came here instead :thumbsup:
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited August 2010
    Rolf prefers Totse von Info to Zoklet, most of the good people left Zoklet quite a while ago, states Rolf, who paid the price of no longer being a gallant Knight in order to escape the Zoklet to the greener grass (and tighter vagina) of Totse von Info.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited August 2010
    The totse.info community is miles ahead of anything zoklet.net ever had to offer and ever will.

    Quality over quantity.

    That's not to say we are small - We are already bigger than every other website that branched off from totse, second only to Zoklet.net in size.

    But once again - Quality over quantity.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    The mods post in those threads. The Cheshire Cat and HLC posted in the dick one. zuperxtreme posted in the pussy one.

    Look at how the mods post. Silkysmooth, wires and psycho8b are the mods of LL&R.

    Silksmooth: .88 posts/day. Started threads: 11. Total started threads in LL&R: 3. The last one was in May.

    Wires: 4 posts/day. Started threads in LL&R in 2010: 5. 3 were requests by people to post threads anonymously and 1 was to welcome silkysmooth as mod. She started 1 actual thread in 2010 in her forum.

    psycho_8b: 3.9 posts/day. Started threads in LL&R in 2010: 2. One was requested by someone to post the thread anonymously. He started 1 thread in 2010 in his forum.

    Yep, and no matter what. The Administration can't fix that problem. :).
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Yep, and no matter what. The Administration can't fix that problem. :).

    That's the truth. Wires was a mod in S&A on totse for some weird reason. She NEVER started any threads, and I remember people wondering who the fuck she was cause she never posted anything. Mods should be visible contributors. Not necessarily 47 posts/day or anything, but at least make a few threads.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    they both suck ass :o
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Yep, and no matter what. The Administration can't fix that problem. :).



    Because they don't give a shit about quality, flat out. If your mentality is "well the forum is so big that the ball can roll itself" then your ass needs to be fired. You are expected to be a some-what unofficial "expert" where you moderate, or at least all people visiting that forum should view it as such. If you aren't contributing you aren't offering anything, and like children who aren't moderated by their parents what happens? They run rampant. A clear example of what not to be should be Zoklet.


    As far as "Fish" taking over, when was he not in control in the first place? He was always a Forum/Site Administrator. The control was always there, lets not make excuses. Nothing is going to change just because he is more proactive now. He was active the first 6 months, less so for nearly 9 months, and just came back as if the Emperor has finally returned. For those fools like Snoopy applauding a couple weeks worth of progress, you are misguided fools. I liken you to the beaten house wife or abused dog effect. No matter how much pain and torment you inflict, they will just keep coming back for more.


    Zoklet has some things we don't have, but is it worth crying over? No. The only criticism we face is our lack of users and endless content that Zoklet can produce. If you want to call what you see there "content" then I feel sorry that your intellect is being raped. If you think making 10 pointless threads that have been done over and over and over makes it a "better" place than here? Then you just showed your 4chan card of faggotry.


    Any who, yeah I know Raincity is trolling but it's still worth the effort. Can't say the same about Zoklet can ya? Oh wait they have a thing for posts/threads that go farther than a sentence: TL;DR :rolleyes:
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    The mods post in those threads. The Cheshire Cat and HLC posted in the dick one. zuperxtreme posted in the pussy one.

    Look at how the mods post. Silkysmooth, wires and psycho8b are the mods of LL&R.

    Silksmooth: .88 posts/day. Started threads: 11. Total started threads in LL&R: 3. The last one was in May.

    Wires: 4 posts/day. Started threads in LL&R in 2010: 5. 3 were requests by people to post threads anonymously and 1 was to welcome silkysmooth as mod. She started 1 actual thread in 2010 in her forum.

    psycho_8b: 3.9 posts/day. Started threads in LL&R in 2010: 2. One was requested by someone to post the thread anonymously. He started 1 thread in 2010 in his forum.

    Well, while we're complaining about zoklet....

    Add to that the mods in Music!...&R&R was what got me to totse in the first place. Sambob and Jive Talka were always posting/contributing with brilliant, underrated bands and just in general their huge array of musical knowledge kept the forum alive. If it wasn't for them I would never have picked up a guitar or found my love for music.

    Now that place is absolute crap, the mods don't post anything whatsoever and all it basically talks about is rap, electronic music or just shitty bands everyone knows.

    I mean, look at the supposed 'zoklet's top 10 albums of the decade'... http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=99796 ...It saddens me how lame &R&R is now and is probably my biggest whine about zoklet other than all the trolls/drama.

    /end bitching

    I really don't think we're missing out when people like RainyCity don't post here. If anything its why I like this place...Browsing zoklet can be frustrating, while this place at the moment is simply enjoyable.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy shitty bands batman!

    That thread is sad. They picked a bunch of mainstream bands and said they're the best. I mean seriously, U2?? SOAD??? Horrible.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Holy shitty bands batman!

    That thread is sad. They picked a bunch of mainstream bands and said they're the best. I mean seriously, U2?? SOAD??? Horrible.

    I was surprised at the list, but it's musical taste man. I lol'd that you said mainstream like it means they can't be the best. I also lol'd that people think musical taste is objective just because their friends don't like it either.

    Fuck, you seem years older than me but you sound like a damn highschool kid. :angry:

    My guide to what constitutes good music:
    Section One
    "Can you hear the music/have you heard it before?"
    Yes? Good. Proceed to section two. No? Then why do you even have an opinion? Shut the fuck up.

    Section Two
    "Is it good?"
    Do you like it? Good. No? Alright. Someone else does though, just like someone else hates everything you listen to. Remember that.

    :angry:
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    I see your point HTS, but your not taking some things into account... For some people good music simply means how catchy or danceable a song is. To others it constitutes the melodic sensibilities, technicality, composition and feel. This is basically a musician opposed to a music listener. I'd say most people that voted on that thread are just music listeners, either that OR they just don't have the time/can't be bothered/simply don't care enough to actually do some searching beyond the mainstream of what is presented to them.

    And I don't like classical music like Mozart, Beethoven/what have you, but its foolish to say that music isn't good. The skill involved is tremendous.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    I see your point HTS, but your not taking some things into account... For some people good music simply means how catchy or danceable a song is. To others it constitutes the melodic sensibilities, technicality, composition and feel. This is basically a musician opposed to a music listener. I'd say most people that voted on that thread are just music listeners, either that OR they just don't have the time/can't be bothered/simply don't care enough to actually do some searching beyond the mainstream of what is presented to them.

    Yeah, I know that's true and it serves to further my point. Different goddamn strokes for different goddamn folks. Nothing is objectively 'good music' or 'shit music'. :mad:

    People who claim music sucks like it's a fact of life because it doesn't rub them the right way however, are objectively being douchebags.

    I dunno I'm bored. I'mma go to sleep, I'm cranky. :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    FON thanks for the insight about Music. If you can please contribute in that section. We need people like you here on Totse. Bring the magic back and teach users what good music really is.

    I read all the posts in this thread. Something, that I could never do on Zoklet. Thanks for being awesome.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    But then you would agree that people with knowledge beyond that of 'ohh thats a catchy song I heard on the radio' would most likely deem that thread as shit.

    I just find people who lack actual interest/knowledge in music aside from the mainstream tend to listen to very simple, bland bands. And yes, they may find it interesting, but I'm willing to say its only because they haven't taken the time to broaden their horizons/learn an instrument/give an alternative album more attention/recognition than what is heard at face-value. These people are often more quick to deem something as shit than somebody who searches around and really listens to what they're hearing.

    EDIT: And Dfg, I suppose I will try when I get some proper time on my hands. Its just that every time I ever attempted to do that on zoklet the thread would dissapear with 0 replies or a bunch of people would just come in and troll.
  • stormyweathersstormyweathers Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    shouldnt a song that is composed skillfully sound good?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    But then you would agree that people with knowledge beyond that of 'ohh thats a catchy song I heard on the radio' would most likely deem that thread as shit.

    I just find people who lack actual interest/knowledge in music aside from the mainstream tend to listen to very simple, bland bands. And yes, they may find it interesting, but I'm willing to say its only because they haven't taken the time to broaden their horizons/learn an instrument/give an alternative album more attention/recognition than what is heard at face-value. These people are often more quick to deem something as shit than somebody who searches around and really listens to what they're hearing.

    EDIT: And Dfg, I suppose I will try when I get some proper time on my hands. Its just that every time I ever attempted to do that on zoklet the thread would dissapear with 0 replies or a bunch of people would just come in and troll.

    This is Totse, whatever you post will get recognized.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    shouldnt a song that is composed skillfully sound good?

    Not necessarily, but a musician will still appreciate the composition whereas a casual music listener will most likely not.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Its funny Ive known about zoklet since totse went down and have been signed up there for awhile but on there I think Ive only got like 150 posts or some shit. That place was never the same I just didnt have the desire to post there often but on here Ive got 600 something . Totse.info is just so much better I refuse to back to zoklet.
  • edited August 2010
    ^The very hour I discovered that totse.info existed I told zoklet goodbye and have never looked back.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    ^The very hour I discovered that totse.info existed I told zoklet goodbye and have never looked back.

    This. I rarely ever posted on zoklet. It simply has too many faggots posting on there. Every once in a while you get a quality post. But mostly faggot trolls.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    I was surprised at the list, but it's musical taste man. I lol'd that you said mainstream like it means they can't be the best. I also lol'd that people think musical taste is objective just because their friends don't like it either.

    Fuck, you seem years older than me but you sound like a damn highschool kid. :angry:

    My guide to what constitutes good music:
    Section One
    "Can you hear the music/have you heard it before?"
    Yes? Good. Proceed to section two. No? Then why do you even have an opinion? Shut the fuck up.

    Section Two
    "Is it good?"
    Do you like it? Good. No? Alright. Someone else does though, just like someone else hates everything you listen to. Remember that.

    :angry:

    I'm 24.

    Let me explain what I meant. I don't think bands are shitty because they're mainstream. I think a lot of bands are mainstream because they're shitty. They make music that to me at least is boring. U2 and SOAD are boring to me because there's nothing there. I don't like a lot of these "indie" bands either because they, to me, sound like shit because they try to be different for the sake of being different. Some people like them. Great. I don't drink pbr and wear vintage clothing to try to fit in with the indie crowd, which is the group of people who tend to love bands like modest mouse. It's not my kind of music I guess.

    I like a lot of music, everything from classical to death metal. That list of bands made me kind of sad because it seemed like a list you'd see on a top 40 radio station. Hopefully this explains how I feel a little better than my last post. I should post in the music forum. I know about a lot of bands that are good but will never see radio airplay.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I'm 24.

    Let me explain what I meant. I don't think bands are shitty because they're mainstream. I think a lot of bands are mainstream because they're shitty. They make music that to me at least is boring. U2 and SOAD are boring to me because there's nothing there. I don't like a lot of these "indie" bands either because they, to me, sound like shit because they try to be different for the sake of being different. Some people like them. Great. I don't drink pbr and wear vintage clothing to try to fit in with the indie crowd, which is the group of people who tend to love bands like modest mouse. It's not my kind of music I guess.

    I like a lot of music, everything from classical to death metal. That list of bands made me kind of sad because it seemed like a list you'd see on a top 40 radio station. Hopefully this explains how I feel a little better than my last post. I should post in the music forum. I know about a lot of bands that are good but will never see radio airplay.

    Do it. I'm always interested in hearing bands that I haven't heard before.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    It is a simple fact, there is "good" music, then there is "shit" music.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    >not shitty because they're mainstream
    >mainstream because they're shitty

    That doesn't make much of a difference really. You're still implying a correlation between popularity and bad music. I bet you feel super cool knowing a million bands that nobody has heard of. :p

    It's just a thought, but maybe... just maybe... they don't get radio play because they sound like shit? Before you spazz, it's just as valid a point as saying mainstream is garbage/garbage is mainstream.

    This is kinda getting outta hand but the point I was really trying to make is: musical taste is subjective, and what you like doesn't make you and better/worse than someone else. Your taste isn't any better or worse either, because taste is fuckin' personal. It's like saying some people are idiots for preferring sprouts when they could be having cabbage instead.



    Whether you listen to that stuff or fuckin' Rachmaninov for your kicks, your opinions on music and what makes it good are all equally fucking worthless and subjective. :)
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nobody respects Zoklet. The users here who also post on Zoklet (including me) post utter shit because that place is for killing some time. The posts I spew there are useless (apart from the occasional helpful post) and nobody even gives a fuck. Over here, I sincerely want to contribute for the favour of others. Btw, I don't even want Rainycity to post on Totse. He is way too immature and mentally incapable of contributing information which isn't about faggots/hoes/jews.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't like the fact that people still compare this place to that shithole.We're TOTSE, &T. We're not Zoklet, nor do we actually have anything to do with them. Two different places, and this is the place which I prefer out of the two.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    It's like saying some people are idiots for preferring sprouts when they could be having cabbage instead. )

    I'd say its more like fine dining (think caviar/mouldy cheese, shit that is hard to digest on first taste) to junk food. Junk food is infinitely easier to enjoy and the majority of people like it, but once you acquire the taste of fine dining, junk food just seems like a crappy substitute.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    I'd say its more like fine dining (think caviar/mouldy cheese, shit that is hard to digest on first taste) to junk food. Junk food is infinitely easier to enjoy and the majority of people like it, but once you acquire the taste of fine dining, junk food just seems like a crappy substitute.

    Only if you're an elitist douchebag. Which is why I chose not to use that analogy. Since I didn't want to imply people were elitist douchebags. Both have their places and are equally enjoyable. :thumbsup:
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    Nobody respects Zoklet. The users here who also post on Zoklet (including me) post utter shit because that place is for killing some time. The posts I spew there are useless (apart from the occasional helpful post) and nobody even gives a fuck. Over here, I sincerely want to contribute for the favour of others. Btw, I don't even want Rainycity to post on Totse. He is way too immature and mentally incapable of contributing information which isn't about faggots/hoes/jews.

    ^ This is all that needs to be said on the matter.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited August 2010
    Don't make me say it.
    troll_thread2.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.