Dexter Is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay

DfgDfg Admin
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Dexter%20booki%205.gif
Dexter Morgan has always lived a happy homicidal life. He keeps his dark urges in check by adhering to one stead*fast rule . . . he only kills very bad people. But now Dexter is experiencing some major life changes—don’t we all?—and they’re mostly wrapped up in the eight-pound curiosity that is his newborn daughter. Family bliss is cut short, however, when Dexter is summoned to investigate the disappearance of a seventeen-year-old girl who has been running with a bizarre group of goths who fancy themselves to be vampires. As Dexter gets closer to the truth of what happened to the missing girl, he realizes they are not really vampires so much as cannibals. And, most disturbing . . . these people have decided they would really like to eat Dexter.

Link

It comes out at 7th Septemeber 2010. Just about the time when Season 5 starts. I would love to listen to the Audio Book.

Download: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=5458

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Cool, I was thinking about reading the Dexter books when I was done with The Dark Tower. I loved the TV show but my question is, are the book really similar to the TV show? Because I hate spending the time to read books when I already know whats going to happen.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited August 2010
    I really don't like the Dexter book series, but I love the show. It was torture to get through the first book. With dialogue like the following, it was not a good read.
    "No," he said.
    "Yes," I said.
    "Oh, no," he said.
    "Oh, yes," I said.
    He screamed, "NOOOO!"
    I happen to think Lindsay writes on the elementary level, but to each his own. There will probably be a lot of people who love these books.

I do, however, like that
    LaGuerta gets killed at the end of the first book. Her character in the novel was even more bitchy and annoying than on TV. :mad:
    The books are not exactly like the show. The ending of the first book is totally different than the first series, if you didn't read the spoiler.
  • edited August 2010
    1337 wrote: »
    I happen to think Lindsay writes on the elementary level, but to each his own. There will probably be a lot of people who love these books.

If that's the case then the series definitely isn't for me.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Series is awesome and BOOKS are WTF different. Books are more dark than the TV show. I just read/listen to the books because I like Dexter. That's all.
  • edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Series is awesome and BOOKS are WTF different. Books are more dark than the TV show. I just read/listen to the books because I like Dexter. That's all.

well, I do like dark and WTF... maybe I ought to give it a chance :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    For audio books: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=5458

Just finished the Audio Book and MY GOD it was fucking awesome. I loved it, one of the best books of the series. Although it's like the first or second book but you kinda feel the WTF moments here and there and you don't really get bored of it. I am glad I ended this because in few hours Dexter S 5 will start.

I just hope there is another book planned next year. This series is getting good.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Awesome thanks for the audio books. I geuss I missed that thread. I'll probably start book one tonight.