God spoke to me.

Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So I am angry with a neighbor, I believe she is a bad person and because of this, I feel compelled to give her the finger every time I see her. She has violated me and she has violated at least 3 of my neighbors, without consequence. She creates an air of fear in my neighborhood.

So I thought it was my duty as a member of the community, to make this person feel unwelcome and unliked. I communicated this using my middle finger. (funny side story) I gave the finger on a sunday morning before church, and then less than an hour later was at church.

The preacher was discussing something or other in the book of Job, and mentioned a passage in passing. I was compelled to turn back in the bible to that passage and read it fully, and what I found instantly changed my mind:
Do not take revenge, dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath. For it is written, "Vengeance belongs to me. I will pay them back, declares the Lord."

I believe God spoke to me through the preacher, and as a result I made a positive change in my life.

So how has God spoken to you, and how have you changed your life as a result?

Comments