Gamescom Announcements!

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Has anyone else been following this? Heaps of stuff announced! So far:
I'm still waiting on more Killzone 3 details, c'mon split screen!

Any others I'm missing?

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuckin awesome about Mass Effect 2 coming to ps3. The mass effect games were tyhe only thing I missed when I traded my 360 for ps3.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuckin awesome about Mass Effect 2 coming to ps3. The mass effect games were tyhe only thing I missed when I traded my 360 for ps3.

Yea I've heard good things about it. Pity they're not taking the first one too, do you need to play the first to understand the second? PS3 looks like its getting a pretty good line-up for 2011.
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome, I need to start following this stuff. Amazing info :D
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Awesome, I need to start following this stuff. Amazing info :D

Here's a pretty good link I just found. Its a page especially for Gamescom updates.

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/?om_act=convert&om_clk=features&tag=features%3Bimg%3B1
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks bro. Crysis multiplayer looks a bit disappointing... its too much the same as the first game!
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Yea I've heard good things about it. Pity they're not taking the first one too, do you need to play the first to understand the second? PS3 looks like its getting a pretty good line-up for 2011.

Yeah that does suck. I think the first one was better the second was more shooter less rpg and what was cool was how your actions in the first influenced the second game depending on what you did. It really does help to play the first one but I think you'll still have alot of fun with the second anyway.
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah that does suck. I think the first one was better the second was more shooter less rpg and what was cool was how your actions in the first influenced the second game depending on what you did. It really does help to play the first one but I think you'll still have alot of fun with the second anyway.

Yeah pretty much this. I replayed the first one once to get the different results in the second one, doesn't really matter though. Read a plot summary on wikipedia or something.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited August 2010
    It is a SIN to play Mass Effect 2 without playing the first one and completely understanding the story. It also sucks that PS3 players won't be able to transfer their characters and choices.
    edited August 2010
    Maybe this "extra content" that they say the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 has makes up for not playing the first? I doubt it would be the first game though as the first game was made by Microsoft :(
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, it would be difficult to appreciate the story of the second without the first.

however, note that the first is also on PC, i think it may be a steam game
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited August 2010
    Move support for MAG?
    This could be either good or bad, depending on how it turns out.
    We saw some amazingly fluid motion controls in first person titles on the Wii such as the Conduit and Metroid Prime 3.
    Will Sony emulate their control scheme?
    Or will they devise their own unique formula?