Man Jailed Over Facebook Requests

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
It's not a crime to make friends on Facebook, but one Florida man found that the rules are a bit different when the person you're trying to "friend" has a protective order against you.

The man, 54-year-old Harry Bruder, was arrested for allegedly sending his soon to be ex-wife requests to "friend" him on Facebook, which police said violated the protective order, MyFoxOrlando.com reported.

A police report posted on thesmokinggun.com shows Bruder admitting he contacted his wife twice last month on the popular social networking site -- and admitting that he changed the password to his wife’s e-mail account. The couple has been separated for two years.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/17/main-jailed-facebook-friend-requests/?test=latestnews

What a bitch of a wife to get the man arrested over facebook. I just wanna dropkick people like that in the face.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
    You spelled "man" wrong.

P.S.-She's a bitch.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2010
    well you can pretty much stalk people from facebook, so i can understand denying the requests but getting someone arrested is a bitch move.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Remember how there used to be a time when people could actually trust each other? :facepalm:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    well you can pretty much stalk people from facebook, so i can understand denying the requests but getting someone arrested is a bitch move.

You can also block the persons account entirely. Ive never understood how any form of harrasment on the internet is worthy of arrest. Theres a little x on the top corner of the screen. It's not hard for people to click it:facepalm:
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    (Fixed typo in title, if you don't mind OP)

Yeah, big time bitch move. Hate those cyber pussays who have to resort to official authority when you can click a button.
    edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    (Fixed typo in title, if you don't mind OP)

Yeah, big time bitch move. Hate those cyber pussays who have to resort to official authority when you can click a button.

Thanks I didnt notice the typo:) I dont know about the rest of you but on the local news there always running story's on how to stop the cyber bullying and shit. It's funny to me in a way how the internet really is becoming serious business in these peoples minds.
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited August 2010
    To be honest, we don't really know the details of their marriage. For example, she could have been the victim of chronic dropkicks to the face.
    edited August 2010
    To be honest, we don't really know the details of their marriage. For example, she could have been the victim of chronic dropkicks to the face.

Yeah but its still facebook. You cant get dropkicked on the internet.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010

A little penicillin can clean that right up.:hai: