Diphenhydramine

HippieTrippieHippieTrippie Regular
edited May 2011 in Man Cave
Diphenhydramine, or more commonly known as Benadryl, as I'm sure you know get you high. However, it is quite a risky drug to do.

Diphenhydramine is a Delirient, the same category of drugs at Datura, sometime called the Devil or Evil plant. There is a good reason for this. Both drugs involve an onset of fear or sense of doom and frightening hallucinations.

For Diphenhydramine, the most common hallucination is that of spiders, either many little ones, or a few very large ones. Another common reported hallucination is of shadow people that appear to be threatening. This, however, I have never seen and believe to simply be a peripheral vision trick. I say this coming from experience, and from the few times I have done it, my vision has become darker, shaky, and a vibrating striped pattern. Friends and others have reported other hallucinations, usually of giant bugs, death, fire, or spirits. I have also seen small gremlin type creatures.

Once tripping, the body will fell very heavy, and is the first sign of the onset of the experience. This is because Diphenhydramine is an anti-histamine. Anti-histamines keep your body from heating up and swelling around infections, bruises, or bug bites. Since histamine (the chemical that does those things) is a blood product, diphenhydramine affects the blood and circulatory system. Large amounts of it, such as the ones needed to trip, will slightly thin the blood and slow the circulation, thus making your body less efficient and less supplied. Once the trip is on, depending on dosing amount and the individual, motor and speech function will be slightly to severely impaired.

Threshhold amount for recreational use is about 250-300mg, and the LD50 is 500mg, but doses upwards of 800mg have been taken without the occurrence of death or (known) serious damage.

Knowledge is power, do your research and make an informed decision.

Sources: http://www.erowid.org/pharms/diphenhydramine/diphenhydramine.shtml
Personal Experience

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Diphenhydramine is a terrible drug. It's for people who haven't grown up and graduated to LSD/shrooms/2-C's.

Shit, even DXM is miles ahead of Diphenhydramine. A trip comparable to dementia and schizophrenia isn't that fun.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2010
    I had fun with dph till tolerance settled in. It was a bitch taking like 30 of those lil fuckers.
  • HippieTrippieHippieTrippie Regular
    edited July 2010
    I had fun with dph till tolerance settled in. It was a bitch taking like 30 of those lil fuckers.

30? Shit, at that point, I would think your heart would start shutting down. You're hallucinating because you're dying, because your circulatory system isn't keeping up anymore.
    edited July 2010
    30? Shit, at that point, I would think your heart would start shutting down. You're hallucinating because you're dying, because your circulatory system isn't keeping up anymore.

Nah there is just a really high tolerance build up. The last time i took benadryl it was 25 pills and there was no trip at all. Just drowsyness and a body load.
    edited July 2010
    I dunno why you would ever do it more than once or twice. It's definitely not worth it, once maybe, just to know what its like, but its like Intoxicated Shaman said, why would you want to simulate severe dementia?
    edited July 2010
    I dunno why you would ever do it more than once or twice. It's definitely not worth it, once maybe, just to know what its like, but its like Intoxicated Shaman said, why would you want to simulate severe dementia?

I did it because it was easier to steal than dxm and I didnt have any real drug hookups. IDK about dementia but I had CEVs and auditories. never saw spiders either
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    It wouldnt be totse without a DPH thread. But I know what you mean about tolerance with this. Mine got high as hell too this day I need to take 16 just to go to sleep.
    edited July 2010
    I did it because it was easier to steal than dxm and I didnt have any real drug hookups. IDK about dementia but I had CEVs and auditories. ever saw spiders either

I never saw spiders or shadow people, I saw gremlins and the first time, when I stood up, it felt like I couldn't move anywhere, there was like an invisible glass wall all around me, and the gremlins were killing my roommate.
    It wouldnt be totse without a DPH thread. But I know what you mean about tolerance with this. Mine got high as hell too this day I need to take 16 just to go to sleep.

Do you use em primarily as a sleep aid or allergy medication?
    edited July 2010
    I saw shadow people once but they were cool. and i could always get up/ move around
    edited July 2010
    I saw shadow people once but they were cool. and i could always get up/ move around

You get used to the body feeling, but initially, it sucks, I nearly fell down the stairs.
    edited July 2010
    I never saw spiders or shadow people, I saw gremlins and the first time, when I stood up, it felt like I couldn't move anywhere, there was like an invisible glass wall all around me, and the gremlins were killing my roommate.

Do you use em primarily as a sleep aid or allergy medication?

Sleep aid. However In the stpuidity of my early highschool years I tripped alot on it to:facepalm: So ive still got tolerance left from that.
  • theinvadertheinvader Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I've taken 200mg once (150mg was first time, just fell asleep) and I didn't trip much.
    I saw spiderwebs flying on the floor like a wind was blowing on them gently, and I saw a hole in the wall that kept getting darker.
    What should be my next dose? I'm tempted to say fuckit and take 400mg.
    I weight 140 pounds, btw.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've done DPH quite a few times.

The last time I did it, I did around 800 MG of it, passed out, woke up delirious and started breaking shit... I ended up waking up in the morning and realized that I was breaking shit that night. Needless to say I was pissed. :(
    edited July 2010
    :facepalm:
    that sucks. I think I'll try 400mg sometime next week. I hate the fucking hangover I get, I'm drowsy as hell for the next day and it's hard to get out of bed.
    edited July 2010
    theinvader wrote: »
    :facepalm:
    that sucks. I think I'll try 400mg sometime next week. I hate the fucking hangover I get, I'm drowsy as hell for the next day and it's hard to get out of bed.

There's a lot better drugs you can do than 400mg of DPH. Like weed.
    edited July 2010
    I will agree, weed is MUCH better than diphenhydramine. I toke almost everyday :cool:

But, I don't hallucinate much from it. Lines in movement here and there, etc. I'm looking for LSD-type shit, so I'm going to acquire some DXM sometime.
    edited July 2010
    I will agree, weed is MUCH better than diphenhydramine. I toke almost everyday :cool:

But, I don't hallucinate much from it. Lines in movement here and there, etc. I'm looking for LSD-type shit, so I'm going to acquire some DXM sometime.

DXM and LSD are nothing alike its more like pcp kinda. Now Acid and DXM combined was the craziest trips I ever had.
  • st3vest3ve Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    the LD50 is 500mg

Knowledge is power, do your research and make an informed decision.

Research shows the LD50 is 500mg/kg in rats. :facepalm:
    edited July 2010

DXM isn't similar to LSD. Its similar to PCP. :facepalm:
    edited July 2010
    Then I'm getting some DXM :D

Was mixed up; I didn't mean to say LSD, I meant psychedelics in general. Hallucinogens, to be exact..
    edited July 2010
    Then I'm getting some DXM :D

Was mixed up; I didn't mean to say LSD, I meant psychedelics in general. Hallucinogens, to be exact..

Don't expect a typical psychedelic experience, its a dissociative.

And if you don't understand this and take it in the correct doses (900 MG +) it will fuck your shit up and I guarantee that. :cool:
  • edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Don't expect a typical psychedelic experience, its a dissociative.

And if you don't understand this and take it in the correct doses (900 MG +) it will fuck your shit up and I guarantee that. :cool:

I went 4th plateau once...

Thats not a place I want to go back to, it was my first time mayne...
  • zanickzanick Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I took "recreational" doses of dimenhydrinate and diphenhydramine twice each, during a period of a week or two, while I was having a bad episode of Insomnia. The last time I took it was Benadryl, and I took 28 pills, or 700 mg. Never tripped from any of them and just felt really heavy. Oddly enough, for a few days after the last couple doses, I suffered from auditory hallucinations and one visual illusion.

Well after the drugs' effects had worn off, I still was suffering from my Insomnia, and frequently heard whispering which I did not notice at the time. A couple of times I heard full blown screaming. Two people, women I think, as if they were scared and angry. I was freaked out at first and looking for who was screaming, worried someone near me was in trouble, etc. When it didn't stop, I realized it always came from behind my head, as in directly behind me. The voices also had that cliche, far away, reverb-laden quality to it just like you hear on most sitcoms that use interior monologue. It was as if they were literally inside of my head. Luckily, it stopped after a few days to a week, but it still taught me a lesson about fucking around with my sleep schedules and drugs (I'm Narcoleptic and Schizo-affective)

Benadryl is bad kids.
  • edited July 2010
    zanick wrote: »
    I took "recreational" doses of dimenhydrinate and diphenhydramine twice each, during a period of a week or two, while I was having a bad episode of Insomnia. The last time I took it was Benadryl, and I took 28 pills, or 700 mg. Never tripped from any of them and just felt really heavy. Oddly enough, for a few days after the last couple doses, I suffered from auditory hallucinations and one visual illusion.

Well after the drugs' effects had worn off, I still was suffering from my Insomnia, and frequently heard whispering which I did not notice at the time. A couple of times I heard full blown screaming. Two people, women I think, as if they were scared and angry. I was freaked out at first and looking for who was screaming, worried someone near me was in trouble, etc. When it didn't stop, I realized it always came from behind my head, as in directly behind me. The voices also had that cliche, far away, reverb-laden quality to it just like you hear on most sitcoms that use interior monologue. It was as if they were literally inside of my head. Luckily, it stopped after a few days to a week, but it still taught me a lesson about fucking around with my sleep schedules and drugs (I'm Narcoleptic and Schizo-affective)

Benadryl is bad kids.

It isn't really a trip IMO, just mild overdose symptoms.
    edited July 2010
    It isn't really a trip IMO, just mild overdose symptoms.

Its a trip... Its a deleriant and thus gives you realistic hallucinations and makes you delirious.
    edited July 2010
    Delirient - (n.) You have better drugs to be taking.
    edited July 2010
    Delirient - (n.) You have better drugs to be taking.

Quit implying that deleriants aren't worthwhile drugs as long as you take certain precautions when doing them.

When doing them in a controlled atmosphere in the right mood, they're quite fun actually. As far as they go, watch out for those spiders. :p
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited May 2011
    Massive necrobump. Found this and thought it was a good read.
    6zzF4d8OeG1IxsLnQ9jJvM548bbVZm7459PL.png
  • CASPERCASPER Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Theres reallly no excuse to use DPH except as a sleep aid- and IMO its piss-poor for that as well. Another possibility is using it with opiates to intensify the nod and reduce itching. Whenever i tried to use it for sleep though, even in higher than recommended dosages, I just got heart palpitations, WICKED anxiety attacks, and it actually seemed to keep me awake longer.

I imagine the only people who would be experimenting with DPH are young people whose options are severely limited in terms of access to the more fun substances. Just take my word for it- skip it. Try to find some weed, get someone to buy you alcohol, steal some pills (proper ones) from your parents' medicine cabinet...hell with the way things are right now, you could probably go online and find some fun RCs or the like, maybe some vicodins/ percocets...

If for some reason you are retarded enough to chow down a bottle of sleeping pills (Im looking at you, Megakush), then to should try to combat some of the negative side effects beforehand. Smoking weed can lessen some of the uncomfortable body load and the anxiety that results from it. That said, unless youre some kind of nutcase already, youre not going enjoy yourself regardless, so just strap in and count the hours until its over...

gary-busey-14.jpg