Totse news feed/section/sub

abrnabrn Abrn
edited October 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I would like to see news.totse.info or something like that. It would consist of user written articles about what Totseans think is important in the world and what they think you should know about it. It would be interesting to get a totsean form of news. Writers would be hired by application and fired by lack of popularity. It would also be cool to get some sort of a news ticker on the site that relays info about/from news.totse and links to it. We could also put together some sort of bad ass/funny totse newscast.

I think this is a good idea because the media is fucked and I would rather get more interesting and likely more reliable news from good ol totse. It is also a good idea because it is a fresh attraction and section to this website. It could be implemented now or in the future when we have more users, but I think it is an idea that should not be forgotten.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Isn't this kind of the same thing that you're talking about?
    http://totse.info/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=48

It's the same thing. But he wants that forum to be converted into an article system which is seperate. So, while we have the articles page, we will have a seperate section new.totse.info which will become an independent community driven News Channel.

This idea needs some brainstorming but I like it.
  • edited August 2010
    I agree, it needs some brainstorming. Overall, it sounds good though :D
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    I've always thought something like this could work quite well for Totse. Just have a small thumbnail, a title and short description. I also notice they have a bot that auto posts the topic in their forums for discussion and links it to the main article.

Article: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098630p1.html
    Bot thread: http://boards.ign.com/littlebigplanet/b10963/192949544/p1/?28

I see this making a lot of people visit more regularly. Of course it wouldn't update like IGN with about 10-15 topics a day, but even 1 a day would be a great start.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, what kind of news would be shown? I'd like to think that we would put up everything that the normal news doesn't show or doesn't highlight, you know the 'vice' kind of stuff. Can still have the odd interesting article, but I think having this 'alternate' kind of news would attract the right/wrong (right for Totse) sort of people :p It would work for most casual forums too e.g. Art and Design - Guerilla art, graffiti, etc. T&T - Piracy, torrents, cracks, etc. Oral Indulgences - Hash brownies, blah blah blah...
  • edited August 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Also, what kind of news would be shown? I'd like to think that we would put up everything that the normal news doesn't show or doesn't highlight, you know the 'vice' kind of stuff. Can still have the odd interesting article, but I think having this 'alternate' kind of news would attract the right/wrong (right for Totse) sort of people :p It would work for most casual forums too e.g. Art and Design - Guerilla art, graffiti, etc. T&T - Piracy, torrents, cracks, etc. Oral Indulgences - Hash brownies, blah blah blah...

Definitely. I love the idea of attracting the wrong sort of people :D Good call on this.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    I have a lot of explanations and ideas but i'm having trouble putting them into a post. This would be a completely separate feature of totse like how the articles and bbs are there own thing. It would be a mix of alternate/guerrilla news, totsean takes on news events, and anything that would cater to totse, of course with 0 censorship except THIS FUCKIN SUCKS SHRED IT YOUR FIRED. If you wanna brainstorm or discuss get on irc.totse.info (pro.worldchatter.net if that link wont work) and join #news.totse
    if you need irc help ask google or PM me. ^_^