My phone...

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
HAS COME BACK TO LIFE. After it getting soaked in a storm, sitting in a bowl of rice for a few days and it still not working, I thought it was totally fucked. I left it on my bedroom floor for about a week, using a friend's phone as a replacement.

Just now, I decided to try using it again... AND IT FUCKING WORKS. It's a little slow for some reason, but I dunno. Maybe I can fix that.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Careful, if it bites you, you'll turn into a zombie phone.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    Be careful. I've had phones like this too, and it will more than likely die on you again.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, get all your shit off of it just in case.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I had a phone I dropped in beer and it still works, but some of the buttons don't, so I had to buy a new one. I opened it up and couldn't see anything wrong with it after I had cleaned it up. Sucked.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I had a phone I dropped in beer and it still works, but some of the buttons don't, so I had to buy a new one. I opened it up and couldn't see anything wrong with it after I had cleaned it up. Sucked.

Phones sure are amazing :)
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2010
    mine turned on only once after a jump in the pool, then never again. luckily the sim card worked.

edit: also lost a whole pack of cigarettes in the pool. I was probably more mad about that.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited August 2010
    i dropped my iPhone 10 feet onto concrete, and it lost connection but then found it again and it's worked fine since :o thank God I got a case
  • edited August 2010
    Well thanks to this thread, I've stopped using it again and have it sitting on my windowsill for another week. Thanks for the heads up.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    ive only ever had two phones.

my first one died after being left in 40C sunlight for a few hours. my new one, however, is like Rasputin
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited August 2010
    If you drop somin in water take the battery out asap and you're probably alright.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    My phone has been dropped several times (usually restarts itself when this happens), has a diagonal crack that goes all the way across the screen, used to not show incoming calls and the "a" and "sym" buttons just started working again a week ago. No water damage though.
  • edited August 2010
    My iPod also got pretty messed up the other week, the LCD got smashed up and it was hard to see the screen. I heard that LCD flows if you leave it in a certain position for a while? Well, I left my iPod laying on its side for a few days, and the screen seems to actually be fixing itself!

Before...

[img]http://uloadr.com/u/55AMPicture 4.jpg[/img]

After...

[img]http://uloadr.com/u/50AMPicture 7.jpg[/img]

The side of the screen is still broken, but this is a massive improvement :D